Politics BLM protests across the US

Jake84

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
TheMess.Net
Ukraine

(CNN)Two days after the death of an unarmed black man at the hands of a police officer, protesters marched in the streets of at least three major US cities.

In Minneapolis, where George Floyd was killed Monday, the second night of protests were marked by looting and buildings on fire as crowds of protesters clashed with police, who fired back with tear gas, according to observations from CNN's team on the scene and police.

Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz, who warned Wednesday night of an "extremely dangerous situation" at the protest, urged demonstrators to remain peaceful -- a plea echoed by Floyd's family members.

Early Thursday morning, police said a man was fatally shot near the scene of the protests. One person was arrested and police said they're investigating the nature of the incident.

I'll have to wait until the investigation is complete. What we consistently see is that a rush to judgement is usually wrong. See Ferguson Missouri.

I'll have to wait until the investigation is complete. What we consistently see is that a rush to judgement is usually wrong. See Ferguson Missouri.

That’s an issue, mobs ask for immediate justice and sanctions but that paperwork takes time.

By the look of things, this seems pretty disturbing though and even some Police authorities outside of Minneapolis have stated that a man calling and begging for his life while being kneeled that way is not LE normal behavior.

The FBI is on the case and Trump also has asked for a proper investigation. The family of Floyd had pleaded for peaceful protests, though.

has an autopsy been done and a cause of death been determined? not sure I understand the situation... he was talking so therefore he didnt suffocate... what else?

The mayor of Minneapolis is giving a speech atm.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

He really looks like Trudeau, same haircut, tearing up, we need love and compassion. Very "virtue signaling" and such.

Talking about "that's what black communities have had to live with for years" etc... While this is true, I can't help but feel this is another attempt at shifting the blame. The police messed up big time, again and that's the issue at hands here.

This sort of thing happens. It happens too much. People who fight the police (of any race, gender, color, etc) tend not to be trained for it. Meaning a fight in any state of health poses a risk. Fight a group of cops and then get subdued on the ground and people with questionable health are at a very high risk of serious injury or death.
Keep an eye out for terms like “positional asphyxiation” as the investigation goes forward. I’m not looking to justify police actions nor blame them. I wasn’t there. I can only say that my department trained me to handle it differently.

Keep these things in mind as info begins to come out.
Was the force applied reasonable and necessary?
Once compliance was achieved was force lowered?
Did officers on scene take appropriate steps to address the subjects injuries as they became apparent?

Where there pre existing health conditions that lead to the subject’s death?

Get familiar with the term Totality of Circumstances.

I think yesterday, the entire nation was shocked by the death of George Floyd. Not just the usual suspects -everyone.

But 24 hours or so of looting, burning, destruction, stabbings and shootings serves to really turn the American people off.

Well, it's a very disturbing thing to watch, a knee on the neck with almost full body weight is not in any approved training or protocol according to news reports I've heard.. My gut (pending investigation) is the cops really screwed the pooch.

Well, it's a very disturbing thing to watch, a knee on the neck with almost full body weight is not in any approved training or protocol according to news reports I've heard.. My gut (pending investigation) is the cops really screwed the pooch.

I'll admit that I usually side with the cops. But as I watched it, I was wondering if I wasn't aware or missing something. Once Floyd was subdued, I have no idea what all that force was about. Lack of training? I don't know. Screwed the pooch for sure.

I'll admit that I usually side with the cops. But as I watched it, I was wondering if I wasn't aware or missing something. Once Floyd was subdued, I have no idea what all that force was about. Lack of training? I don't know. Screwed the pooch for sure.
I don't think it was a lack of training (I believe he'd been on the force 18 or so years), I just don't think he gave a F***. He's a cop the other guy is a suspected bad guy so that lets him do what ever he feels like.

Protesters are trying to blow up the police station:

Jesus Christ, where is the National Guard?

I think yesterday, the entire nation was shocked by the death of George Floyd. Not just the usual suspects -everyone.

But 24 hours or so of looting, burning, destruction, stabbings and shootings serves to really turn the American people off.

First paragraph I agree with.

Second paragraph seems a bit unfair, as much as I dislike the violence, looting and arson. as mentioned, his own family didn’t call or want that.

If anything, I’d rather blame Lebron James, Ice Cube, the Kardashian and Justin Bieber for adding fuel to the fire.

A man was killed in the hands of a police officer, black or not its F***ed up. And the race card that’s playing the medias is just as much disturbing as the circumstances of the death.

"Weakness is refusing to take responsibility for your own actions. Weakness is pointing your finger a somebody else at a time of crisis. Donald Trump knows nothing about the strength of Minneapolis," Frey said during a press conference at 1 a.m. local time.

"We are strong as hell. Is this a difficult time period, yes. But you better be damn sure that we're going to get through this," he added.

Oh really?

Dozens of buildings along Lake Street in Minneapolis were broken into, looted, and burned; one person shot dead.
Lake Street Target store was completely ransacked, and an Auto Zone location was burned down. The Cub Foods at Lake Street and Hiawatha Avenue were looted.
Small businesses looted.
So many buildings burning and smoke so thick it became visible on weather radars.

Last edited:
Yeah, we can only hope things really de-escalate at this point. It’s sunny and warm this spring and some personalities feel like it’s appropriate to literally give some rioters matches and lighters...

Hahaha! Everything is OK according to MSNBC..

Back