Politics BLM protests across the US

Mostly a protest.

Oh, ok...

Another video of the "arrest", showing how things were conducted on the other side of the car:
Two other police officers were on George Floyd's back.

First paragraph I agree with.

Second paragraph seems a bit unfair, as much as I dislike the violence, looting and arson. as mentioned, his own family didn’t call or want that.

If anything, I’d rather blame Lebron James, Ice Cube, the Kardashian and Justin Bieber for adding fuel to the fire.

A man was killed in the hands of a police officer, black or not its F***ed up. And the race card that’s playing the medias is just as much disturbing as the circumstances of the death.

Agreed. The looters are looters, they aren't stealing big screen TVs and liquor in the memory of Floyd. Some of the rioters are reportedly not even locals, and have been "deployed" to Minneapolis to stir the violence. A lot of different people have their fingers in this violence, for their own reasons and that's sad.

The mayor is a complete waste of human DNA, unable to provide even the slightest bit of leadership.

I feel bad for Floyd and his family. I feel bad for all the small business owners who have now lost everything. Both are sadly pawns.

RE: The Denver driver running over the protester

With only the one twatter video to go from, what I see is the driver being assaulted by protesters in the street. I have no sympathy for any of them being injured or run over as she made the attempt to escape. We don't know if they were also verbally threatening her with death or bodily injury. If I were her, that is what I'd claim... that I was in fear of my life. What I don't think she gets a free pass on is turning to take out an escaping protester. Unless she can prove that he was somehow a threat or there was another threat that made her turn, I think she should get a ticket or maybe a misdemeanor charge or something like that.

Twatter has hidden Drumpf's message, so you need to click it to see it:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Apparently this was deemed a call for violence.

Breaking from my "let's wait and see all the evidence" comment... most of the cops I know, to include, sheriffs, chiefs, and other leadership are on one side of this incident. We all see the cops at fault on this. No idea if this was done out of malice, lack of training, or just shitty cops but it's really one sided. Honestly the whole world seems to see this the same way. So, why the riots? Honestly, when it was protests, I can't really understand it. Protesting what? Was there an attempted cover up?

So right now, black lives matter and other groups across the country are rioting/protesting cops for racism in un related cities. So, cops are being generalized for generalizing. Makes you kind of want to loot doesn't it?

Apparently the cop responsible has a history of misconduct:

Now, why the riots? Well... any reason is good enough.
People protesting, getting mad? Sure, go ahead. What happened with Floyd is horrible and, surprisingly enough, everybody is on the same page on this, no matter the political side or even the nationality.

Now, there are people trying to push their own views. From various live feeds I was able to catch yesterday, you could see a lot of comments talking about "that's what you get for practicing gentrification in our neighborhoods", "let everything burn", "Trump divided this country", etc...

Video of the incident was painful to watch.

But I don't see how taking a revenge on other innocent people, by looting and burning, is going to solve the problem, unless you believe in some sort of collective guilt.

I don't think he'll be convicted of 3rd degree murder. Of course, change of venue is a given. But where to get a fair and impartial trial? Then there's jury selection which will be a sh!t show in itself. I think any lawyer worth his wig could demonstrate he was charged simply to appease people and stop further rioting. (if in fact it would)

Do I approve of what happened? Hell, no! No way! I have experience in law enforcement, and what happened is just wrong! I believe his punishment will come via federal civil rights laws - which are serious business. He will pay, but I doubt it will be by conviction for 3rd degree murder.

CNN CNN-ing:

This seemed so ridiculous so I googled and I can't find either of those stories online. In regards to the first story I can see one that look like someone shopped 'violently' into the headline but other than that, I've no clue.

Same update time on that first one. Calling shenanigans.

Apparently white people have not done enough to prevent that kind of thing from happening.

Which is somehow strange considering the historical leaning of the state of Minnesota toward the left (Democrats/progressives).

Back