To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

that's why I always laugh when there is talk about Russia attacking Poland/Germany/whomever.

My question would be: when and if global issees like continental drift or an asteroid impact might in fact not be a more imminent threat than the glorious Russian army.

Just to explain how out of proportion Ukrainian "losses" are taken at present. The last BREAKTHROUGH in Ocheretyne which scared everyone up and about - we are talking about a pre war village of 3,300 people. For whom this isnt enough, please look up a rural settlement in your neighbourhood with 3,300 inhabitants and I promise, you will see this giant breakthrough with different eyes.

Russia apparently makes huge efforts to capture land for the May parade.

This is the result so far at huge costs.

Screenshot_20240504-155703.png

I also do not see exceptionally well trained Russians the numbers speak against it.

If their losses are somewhat in that realm mentioned by NATO most are dead or crippled.

You can do fancy troop rotations at your generals detached staff training course.

But with FPVs hitting your men in the ass constantly the numbers are others in reality.

I just saw vids of Russians walking in-between scores of their deads.

Some burnt some not don't know what hit them.

Now that the Ukrainians got hands on the real Himars hitting large troop formations far behind the front lines are bait too. Makes it complicated advancing your meat waves.

Can't see that on the Ukrainian side.

Thd failure of the 115 brigade needs investigation though and must not be repeated.

You also need certain command structures to use your trained soldiers. All of which I don 't see.

It's a meager result at best and an invitation to hit them way more than we do now.

Russia apparently makes huge efforts to capture land for the May parade.

This is the result so far at huge costs.

View attachment 477628

I also do not see exceptionally well trained Russians the numbers speak against it.

If their losses are somewhat in that realm mentioned by NATO most are dead or crippled.

You can do fancy troop rotations at your generals detached staff training course.

But with FPVs hitting your men in the ass constantly the numbers are others in reality.

I just saw vids of Russians walking in-between scores of their deads.

Some burnt some not don't know what hit them.

Now that the Ukrainians got hands on the real Himars hitting large troop formations far behind the front lines are bait too. Makes it complicated advancing your meat waves.

Can't see that on the Ukrainian side.

Thd failure of the 115 brigade needs investigation though and must not be repeated.

You also need certain command structures to use your trained soldiers. All of which I don 't see.

It's a meager result at best and an invitation to hit them way more than we do now.
The russian army was never well trained. its a meat army. This why some of the west abandoned conscription, because you cannot teach and embed a wide range of skills with weapons, tactics, etc, in 12 months, of which some will be spent cooking, cleaning, and learning to march.

Whilst I'd love Ukr to push Russia out, I think the realistic is to keep bleeding russia, until something changes, and upgrade Ukr air defence to reduce their losses.

It seems as if the glidebomb, did not want to glide...;)

Whatever happens it’ll be blamed on Ukraine anyhow… much like the attack on the concert hall in Moscow lately was for a bit, and why not the French secret service.

Speaking of, what’s your guys stance and opinion about Macrons interview with The Economist mentioning that if Russia would keep on advancing the front lines, western troops could/should be sent on the ground?

Shortly put, my take is that it’d mean western (NATO) troops would directly confront and fight Russia, meaning that indirectly (buffer zone that’s Ukraine) NATO and Russia would be at war.

Speaking of, what’s your guys stance and opinion about Macrons interview with The Economist mentioning that if Russia would keep on advancing the front lines, western troops could/should be sent on the ground?

Shortly put, my take is that it’d mean western (NATO) troops would directly confront and fight Russia, meaning that indirectly (buffer zone that’s Ukraine) NATO and Russia would be at war.
I think Macron is simply trying the "tough guy" PR approach. He has already tried the "crying by the phone" PR photo session. I very much doubt that Macron would actually send troops to fight Russia.

19-YEAR-OLD IRISHMAN FROM DUBLIN HIT SIX RUSSIAN ARTILLERY GUNS DURING THE DAY NEAR AVDIIVKA​

Last edited:

I’m doubtful he means infantry, to fight.

Maybe tech and tactical support, but tech can be done remotely, or by ex mil contractors, and nato tactics rely on air superiority, which ukr doesn’t have.

Also possible it’s all part of the plan to bring a little doubt into putins brain. For sure Russia doesn’t want and cannot fight nato.

Personally I’d pass more hardware to ukr, order replacements asap, and let ukr attack Russia from the air. Which seems to be what U.K. has done, removing limits on use of the cruise missiles, we sent.

I'd also reinforce the front line countries, and as we have been doing, scouring the world for old soviet kit, and giving it to ukraine.

Fair points from you both.

I think he’s not only talking about French soldiers and infantry but who in their right mind would like to have their soldiers in trenches to defend a possible advance towards Odessa or Kharkiv?

Not that our Western troops cannot fight but it’s evidently a warfare we haven’t seen in a while, chest vs chest, instead of scouring to kill Jihadi Joe over in Syria or Mali…

Footage of a damaged American-made Ukrainian M1A1 Abrams tank in the Avdiivka direction. The tank belonged to the 47th separate mechanized brigade of the Ukrainian Army; the crew of the M2 Bradley infantry fighting vehicle came to its aid; it will be shown at the end of the video. In this episode of the battle in Ukraine, it is not clear what hit the tank; it is reported that the strike was caused by a high-precision Krasnopol projectile; according to other sources, ammunition was dropped on the tank from a drone. It is unknown how the tank ended up in the ditch; perhaps it was a mistake by the tank’s driver. Now there is still no footage of the tank being hit in motion. The video shows a tank standing in a ditch, it was reportedly struck by an anti-tank missile system, a Lancet drone, and an artillery strike is also visible nearby. After the tank was destroyed, the crew abandoned it. The M2 Bradley infantry fighting vehicle came to the aid of the tank, but it was hit by an anti-tank missile system, possibly by a drone; the fate of the crew is unknown.