Politics Russia's Top Court Approves Putin Reform Plan to Stay President Until 2036

HisRoyalHighness

Mi Captain
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Russia's Constitutional Court on Monday approved amendments proposed by President Vladimir Putin to the country's basic law, giving him the option of serving two further terms in office.

The Constitutional Court published the ruling on its website and immediately sent the ruling to Putin, who could now stay in power until 2036.

The court issued a speedy decision after Putin signed the final reform package on Saturday, though it had a week to consider its ruling.

Putin, 67, last week backed a last-minute proposal by the first woman in space, Valentina Tereshkova, to add an amendment to the reform package allowing his possible return to the Kremlin after 2024.

Great, 16 more years of this parasite.

Guess he forgot that geriatric siloviki killed the Soviet Union and it will kill the Russian Federation too.

Guess he forgot that geriatric siloviki killed the Soviet Union and it will kill the Russian Federation too.

I definitely have skin in the game, but I tell you what given the trajectory of the Russian history post break of the USSR, some version of Putin was inevitable. It's in Russian character to believe that Russian people are God's chosen people, and it's only because of Western powers constant scheming and interference that true greatness hasn't been achieved yet. This has been going on for centuries. Putin is a symptom, not a cause.

Anyone here shocked?

Despite Corona virus outbreak, referendum on changing the Russian Constitution hasn't been moved from its scheduled April 22nd, 2020 date. Furthermore, as Russia also goes into some form of "shelter in place", 9th of May military parade rehearsals are continuing around the clock. About 15,000 servicemen who were selected to take part in the parade live in tents in close proximity to the Russian capital.

Not so fast.

1 It is not approved by referendum yet.
2 Talking about geriatrics. How old is Russian political elite and how old is US political elite?

Not so fast.

1 It is not approved by referendum yet.
2 Talking about geriatrics. How old is Russian political elite and how old is US political elite?

You are kidding right? 70+ % approval with 107% in Chechnya. There will be ballot stuffing, intimidation, and all kinds of similar shenanigans.

I definitely have skin in the game, but I tell you what given the trajectory of the Russian history post break of the USSR, some version of Putin was inevitable. It's in Russian character to believe that Russian people are God's chosen people, and it's only because of Western powers constant scheming and interference that true greatness hasn't been achieved yet. This has been going on for centuries. Putin is a symptom, not a cause.

Is that an Orthodox religious in doctrine concept that only strict Orthodox believers get to heaven?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You are kidding right? 70+ % approval with 107% in Chechnya. There will be ballot stuffing, intimidation, and all kinds of similar shenanigans.

Would you bet your life and treasure on Putin staying president for "16 more years"?

Is that an Orthodox religious in doctrine concept that only strict Orthodox believers get to heaven?

I read somewhere about chosen people and exceptionalism but don't remember if it was about strict Orthodox believers o_O

Would you bet your life and treasure on Putin staying president for "16 more years"?

With oil prices at current levels, doubtful, but that's not because he doesn't want to remain in power until his natural death.

http://www.pureevilgallery.com/
Pure Evil:rolleyes:

Sorry, I have to keep posting funny videos in reply.

That can be said just about any politician.

Well, the consequences of NOT staying in power are different. Plus the immediate family WILL pay the price if Putin is pushed out suddenly.

Last edited:
Sorry, I have to keep posting funny videos in reply.

Well, the consequences of NOT staying in power are different. Plus the immediate family WILL pay the prices if Putin is pushed out suddenly.

Like Yanukovich in Ukraine.