RuZZians will never cease to be RuZZians.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was bloody amazed when the successful Ukrainian drone attacks on Russian refineries stopped overnight last week. Then yesterday I shared here the NYT article that the Biden administration had shut it down. Well, yesterday there was a shitstorm on the net, about everyone was slamming the high ball, and even the dem vehement supporters were reacting about "it's a f***ing disgrace, F*** Biden for betraying the Ukrainians like this because he's afraid of having to pay a little more at the gas stations in an election year, we didn't vote for him to kiss the Russians ass" - and I was being gentle. Lo and behold, today the president has denied in an interview that we didn't say that, and today another refinery has been turned into a flaming pillar_-- Well, that's how it goes... if you want to govern based on the daily polls, you're F***ed.

Verified account, btw.

Verified account, btw.
I take it they've found that Beijing is too harsh a master even to their standards 🤭

RuZZians will never cease to be RuZZians.
Was this deleted tweet about the torture of the alleged suspects after their arrest by any chance? I saw that. What's more, I saw the footage was aired (!) on Russia's state television Россия 1. Proudly, I might add. Putin's goons cut off the ear of one of the men and forced him to eat it, and gouged an eye out of the other. What the actual fack. Even if those two guys actually were involved in the massacre, it'd still be facked up beyond measure. But it's probably safe to say that whatever those two said under torture can hardly be believed.

And to think that the world lost its mind about waterboarding …

Was this deleted tweet about the torture of the alleged suspects after their arrest by any chance? I saw that. What's more, I saw the footage was aired (!) on Russia's state television Россия 1. Proudly, I might add. Putin's goons cut off the ear of one of the men and forced him to eat it, and gouged an eye out of the other. What the actual fack. Even if those two guys actually were involved in the massacre, it'd still be facked up beyond measure. But it's probably safe to say that whatever those two said under torture can hardly be believed.

And to think that the world lost its mind about waterboarding …
Yes, that's the one.
As I have pointed out numerous times, the Orcs have been behaving like that for centuries.
Torturing your enemies happens more or less frequently in all the armies all over the world. The key difference between the Orcs and the rest of the world is, normal armies try to hide it and no state TV would be crazy enough to broadcast it. I don't think the state TV in North Korea would show something like this either. That's where having been ruled by relatives of Genghis Khan for a few centuries kicks in.

You can just imagine what the Orcs were doing 300-400 years ago when each and every nation was much more cruel in general.

The key difference between the Orcs and the rest of the world is, normal armies try to hide it and no state TV would be crazy enough to broadcast it.
You know, I've been dwelling on that as of late, due to the regular comparing of Russia's armies with those of Nazi Germany in this forum. Obviously, Nazi Germany's war crimes in the USSR were more extensive by countless orders of magnitude. What does stand out, though, is the proclivity of individual Russian troopers to commit war crimes, which isn't something that could be said even for the Wehrmacht.

The Nazis used human scum like Dirlewanger precisely because many regular soldiers refused to partake in the killings or broke down psychologically in case they did comply. These observations eventually brought about the death camp system (where no one has to pull a trigger and be physically present for the deed). Himmler acknowledged this in his infamous Posen speeches, basically stating that most people outside the SS were too soft to carry out mass murder and would not understand it, necessitating secrecy even in Germany.

In all modern conflicts where war crimes were tolerated or encouraged by the leadership, that task was usually delegated to special units hand-picked for their cruelty or ideological fanatism. This happened as recently as in the Bosnian War, where the majority of the killings was done by Bosnian-Serb special police battalions. A widespread individual proclivity to commit outrages is more a hallmark of pre-modern conflicts.

What I've read on the situation in Ukraine reminds me not of Second World War accounts as much as it does of tales from the Thirty Years' War, which was marked by a general breakdown of social norms and the combatants turning against each and everyone (including their own side and their own civilians). The Russian disregard for basic humanitarian principles isn't just shocking, it's also odd in every sense of the word.

Last edited:

You know, I've been dwelling on that as of late, due to the regular comparing of Russia's armies with those of Nazi Germany in this forum. Obviously, Nazi Germany's war crimes in the USSR were more extensive by countless orders of magnitude. What does stand out, though, is the proclivity of individual Russian troopers to commit war crimes, which isn't something that could be said even for the Wehrmacht.

The Nazis used human scum like Dirlewanger precisely because many regular soldiers refused to partake in the killings or broke down psychologically in case they did comply. These observations eventually brought about the death camp system (where no one has to pull a trigger and be physically present for the deed). Himmler acknowledged this in his infamous Posen speeches, basically stating that most people outside the SS were too soft to carry out mass murder and would not understand it, necessitating secrecy even in Germany.

In all modern conflicts where war crimes were tolerated or encouraged by the leadership, that task was usually delegated to special units hand-picked for their cruelty or ideological fanatism. This happened as recently as in the Bosnian War, where the majority of the killings was done by Bosnian-Serb special police battalions. A widespread individual proclivity to commit outrages is more a hallmark of pre-modern conflicts.

What I've read on the situation in Ukraine reminds me not of Second World War accounts as much as it does of tales from the Thirty Years' War, which was marked by a general breakdown of social norms and the combatants turning against each and everyone (including their own side and their own civilians). The Russian disregard for basic humanitarian principles isn't just shocking, it's also odd in every sense of the word.
The whole thing is wierd,

Did putin find 4 guys with terminal diseases, and promise luxury to their families?

The poor treatment ( to us soft westerners) suggests it was a surprise to putin?

It really doesn’t fit ukraines mo, and really ukr could just fly drones into the theatre, if they wanted to.

Likewise 4 guys with ak, killed 150, then taken alive in the car they left the scene in? Split up, steal a car, go to ground, buy a tent and hide for 2 weeks? They had many options….

Wierd.

Ukrainian Telegram channels are running hot right now. The authorities have apparently issued a nation-wide alert on account of reports that at least 14 Tu-95 have taken off from various Russian air bases. Together, they'd be capable of carrying a maximum load of 224 cruise missiles.

No doubt the Kremlin will call this air raid "retaliation" for the Crocus City Hall massacre.

Ukrainian Telegram channels are running hot right now. The authorities have apparently issued a nation-wide alert on account of reports that at least 14 Tu-95 have taken off from various Russian air bases. Together, they'd be capable of carrying a maximum load of 224 cruise missiles.

No doubt the Kremlin will call this air raid "retaliation" for the Crocus City Hall massacre.
Tu 95 you say. What’s it rcs, well, it was built before rcs, is a good starter…….not sure patriot is going to accept it…..

Oh, I'm sure a Patriot could take down a Tu-95. The problem is that the Russians don't even have to penetrate a Patriot system's threat bubble. They can launch their missiles from a comfortable distance.

Oh, I'm sure a Patriot could take down a Tu-95. The problem is that the Russians don't even have to penetrate a Patriot system's threat bubble. They can launch their missiles from a comfortable distance.
Patriot has wheels….