Other Post Random Sports News

By the Grace of God, stupor bowl 58 is finally over. I was basically in favor of the Chiefs - who did pull the game out at the last second. Didn't care for the halftime show at all - the commercials were quite lame considering what companies had to pay - and play calling by both teams was lackluster.

"Tayler Swift" killed this super bowl for me, didn't watch it because I'm not interested in her.

New Zealand’s Geordie Beamish has put the icing on the cake of a brilliant final day of athletics’ world indoors championships in Glasgow with a stunning victory in the men’s 1500 metres.
Hamish Kerr shattered the New Zealand record with a jump of 2.36 metres to claim gold at the World Athletics Indoor Championships in Glasgow.

LAS VEGAS, NEVADA — OK Aussies, I’m hooked.

They had me at the first bone-rattling hit between two players wearing no helmets or pads that could be heard and felt from the press box in the sky at Allegiant Stadium, which feels like its miles from the pitch below.

Then they really reeled me in at the sight of another player with blood streaming down the side of his head from an incidental hit — a minor scratch depending on whom you ask — that was quickly treated with a bandage wrapped tightly around his forehead that acted as a tourniquet.

Play on.

‘Like human cockfighting... is this normal?’: Hilarious way US reacted to NRL’s Vegas extravaganza​

Fox League from Fox Sports
March 3rd, 2024 8:00 pm
The NRL’s introduction to America has got off to a frantic start, with the Rabbitohs and Sea Eagles trading tries in a high-scoring affair on Sunday afternoon.
The game certainly delivered plenty of entertainment, from a stunning Lachlan Ilias try-saving tackle to big hits that reminded Americans just how tough our sport is.
So, how have U.S. fans reacted to rugby league?
Well, one Brooklyn-based writer decided to blog the game with minimal previous experience watching the sport — and it delivered hilarious results.
“One of the Bunnies chokes a Manly player, but this seems to be fine. Nobody seemed to get too upset about it,” he wrote.

Lengel later went on to compare it to “human cockfighting” as Lachlan Croker was left bloodied by a collision while Manly’s Jaxson Paulo also required treatment after being opened up.

“ANOTHER player is bleeding! Is this normal?” Lengel wrote.

“... But they play on! Jesus.”

In giving his first impressions after the first half, Lengel was taken aback by the “furious pace” the game was played at.

“Lots of speed, athleticism, some great ball handling and extremely physical. There’s a lot to like here and a lot to learn,” he added.

In his final thoughts after the game, Lengel described it as “chaos but fun”.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.