Politics All Things Trump

Does seem that the two geriatrics are more immune to faults. Has the US lowered its expectations. Remember when a faux pas like Dukakis and the helmet was enough.
That seems to be Bidens hope that he faces someone as cracked as he is.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
its like they did a focus group study for that add.... all the people that arent enough to win an election...
now lets see the ad directed at the unaffiliated/independent voters, and the ad directed at all the doubters that watch too much cnn/msnbc

The problem with polls is that you can make them say pretty much whatever you want.

Remember the "Red Wave". Democrats, independents and young people turned out en masse to prevent that.

Now imagine the most controversial figure running for the Republicans for whom democrats will never vote for, most independents will never vote for again and who has alienated a sizable part of the party he's running for who will never vote for him again.

Trump running means an easy victory for even someone as rubbish as Biden. People didn't vote for Biden, they voted against Trump because of his antics just like they voted against Hillary and at every opportunity Trump insists on showing people that he hasn't changed.

If Trump doesn’t win the primaries he'll likely call on his supporters not to vote for whomever does win or at least smear them by alledging fraud again handing Biden an easy victory.

Trump's time has passed, he's become a hindrance to the Republicans, not a force multiplier. He was never a Republican/conservative anyway to negin with. Just an opportunist who happened to stumble into the perfect opponent, just like Biden did four years later.

Imo the situation in the US is similar to that of Brazil, Argentina and Israel. Both sides running for office so they can obstruct financial malpractice investigations against themselves.

Last edited:
Remember the "Red Wave". Democrats, independents and young people turned out en masse to prevent that.

Now imagine the most controversial figure running for the Republicans for whom democrats will never vote for, most independents will never vote for again and who has alienated a sizable part of the party he's running for who will never vote for him again.

Trump running means an easy victory for even someone as rubbish as Biden. People didn't vote for Biden, they voted against Trump because of his antics just like they voted against Hillary and at every opportunity Trump insists on showing people that he hasn't changed.

If Trump doesn’t win the primaries he'll likely call on his supporters not to vote for whomever does win or at least smear them by alledging fraud again handing Biden an easy victory.

Trump's time has passed, he's become a hindrance to the Republicans, not a force multiplier. He was never a Republican/conservative anyway to negin with. Just an opportunist who happened to stumble into the perfect opponent, just like Biden did four years later.

Imo the situation in the US is similar to that of Brazil, Argentina and Israel. Both sides running for office so they can obstruct financial malpractice investigations against themselves.
Trump motivates people to vote against him, the same way Hillery Clinton does.
I think the dems really believe that their best chance is running against Trump, its a sure thing as far as they are concerned...
the conservatives already have a huge problem with many conservative voters having, I call them, 'purity tests'... if a given candidate doesnt quite tick all the boxes in the manner in which they approve, a lot of them simply wont vote... its the most retarded thing ever. dont vote, because you dont quite agree with your candidate on their abortion views, or the 2A...
...and the leftist candidate wins....
great job.

the republicans seem really good at two things:
one, is latching on to something, some piece of legislation that very few care about or is stupid, or both, and wasting time, energy, and media attention on...
and two, ignoring glaring opportunities
you would think that rural hard working farmers would be right up republican alley, but no... a gay democrat recognizes they will win more voters with the right to repair legislation and they leap on the opportunity...

but sure, go ahead and try to get the 10 commandments on the walls in Texas schools, really gonna win people over on that one...

Here's where we are at today:

1) Trump will be the nominee. It doesn't matter how many BS indictments he gets from Soros backed Marxist DAs.

2) Republicans have to learn how to win elections with the new COVID rules which have now become permanent. That means aggressive ballot harvesting and early voting. You can hate the system, but you must operate within it.

Last edited:
The Republicans are licky the Dems will be backing senile Biden

The democrats are lucky the Republicans might pick Trump

We´ll see who will be the luckiest.

We’re a bit over a year and a half away from Nov 2024. Nothing much to add but if Biden gets in for an second tenure ending possibly at 86 year old? I don’t dislike « boomers » at all but by then I wonder if his already declining mental faculties will still be on point. Wouldn’t put too much money on it.

Not really sure as Mike1976 stated eloquently that Trump is still a viable option for the GOP at this point either though he’s old he’s still his faculties for him, and is still a loud one something that doesn’t bother me much when and if he’s eventually confronted to Xi, Putin, Lula etc.

DeSantis? Younger, keen and ambitious. He’d be my pick if I was an American voter for the GOP primary.

We’re a bit over a year and a half away from Nov 2024. Nothing much to add but if Biden gets in for an second tenure ending possibly at 86 year old? I don’t dislike « boomers » at all but by then I wonder if his already declining mental faculties will still be on point. Wouldn’t put too much money on it.

Not really sure as Mike1976 stated eloquently that Trump is still a viable option for the GOP at this point either though he’s old he’s still his faculties for him, and is still a loud one something that doesn’t bother me much when and if he’s eventually confronted to Xi, Putin, Lula etc.

DeSantis? Younger, keen and ambitious. He’d be my pick if I was an American voter for the GOP primary.
Mick Jagger is Biden´s age but he´s still in his "prime". (which is fcukin unbelievable btw). Biden is senile, and it cannot improve. I cannot believe that after the dem success in the midterms where many moderated Dems did the job by upsetting their republican rivals that this is the best they can come up with.

That being said, Trump being the best the Republicans can come with comes quite close to the disaster mentioned above. De Santis is more socially conservative but his dealings with Disney will bite him back IMO.

But primaries are really peculiar and have a tendency of picking popular people with a given base, but not always with the capacity to gather mainstream voters.

Mick Jagger is Biden´s age but he´s still in his "prime". (which is fcukin unbelievable btw). Biden is senile, and it cannot improve. I cannot believe that after the dem success in the midterms where many moderated Dems did the job by upsetting their republican rivals that this is the best they can come up with.

That being said, Trump being the best the Republicans can come with comes quite close to the disaster mentioned above. De Santis is more socially conservative but his dealings with Disney will bite him back IMO.

But primaries are really peculiar and have a tendency of picking popular people with a given base, but not always with the capacity to gather mainstream voters.
its not necessarily clear that Trump doesnt have some sort of cognitive decline.... What's going on with biden seems to be a sort of stereotypical decline, but it does manifest in ways less obvious, but still very real forms...
not saying Trump is suffering from this, just that its possible, more possible than with someone younger, its just a fact of life...
Its clear to me, why the Dems have latched onto Biden.... whats not clear to me, is the general rudderless-ness (is that a word) of the republicans, and at the same time, why a significant portion have latched on to Trump.... is there really no one else? out of the millions of people in this country thats the best we can do, an aging billionaire ex-democrat from NY with a trail of baggage a mile wide?

its not necessarily clear that Trump doesnt have some sort of cognitive decline.... What's going on with biden seems to be a sort of stereotypical decline, but it does manifest in ways less obvious, but still very real forms...
not saying Trump is suffering from this, just that its possible, more possible than with someone younger, its just a fact of life...
Its clear to me, why the Dems have latched onto Biden.... whats not clear to me, is the general rudderless-ness (is that a word) of the republicans, and at the same time, why a significant portion have latched on to Trump.... is there really no one else? out of the millions of people in this country thats the best we can do, an aging billionaire ex-democrat from NY with a trail of baggage a mile wide?

That's the same thing for every country, it seems, unfortunately.

Out of the millions of people making the population of one territory, only the mediocre ones somehow manage to reach the positions of power.

Trump seems to be the defacto candidate for the Republicans, not sure DeSantis has real chances especially since he signed HB269 (which is an instant turn off for many). Other contenders are unlikely to achieve anything, apart from running for the sake of running.
But despite his popularity, all of the stuff that got thrown at him might turn a few against him, no matter how frivolous and nonsensical the accusations may be. Keep in mind people bought into the "pee-tape", the "Trump-Russia collusion" and all of the rest...

The Dems "may" have interesting candidates, especially Kennedy, even more so since he unjustly found himself at the receiving end of the stick regarding covid and the vaccine. Does he have his chances of winning his party's primaries? Meh... unlikely. Even more so since the Dems reportedly announced there would be no debate for said primaries... apparently Joe and/or his handlers decided it was futile to challenge him.

Haven't heard, or looked into in fact, about the Independents. Though I like Rand Paul I don't know if he will run, and even if he does I doubt he would win. Or, in fact, be a good president.
Like Jim Jordan and many others, Paul is a good senator and congressman. He is good at this job.

Last edited:
That's the same thing for every country, it seems, unfortunately.

Out of the millions of people making the population of one territory, only the mediocre ones somehow manage to reach the positions of power.

Trump seems to be the defacto candidate for the Republicans, not sure DeSantis has real chances especially since he signed HB269 (which is an instant turn off for many). Other contenders are unlikely to achieve anything, apart from running for the sake of running.
But despite his popularity, all of the stuff that got thrown at him might turn a few against him, no matter how frivolous and nonsensical the accusations may be. Keep in mind people bought into the "pee-tape", the "Trump-Russia collusion" and all of the rest...

The Dems "may" have interesting candidates, especially Kennedy, even more so since he unjustly found himself at the receiving end of the stick regarding covid and the vaccine. Does he have his chances of winning his party's primaries? Meh... unlikely. Even more so since the Dems reportedly announced there would be no debate for said primaries... apparently Joe and/or his handlers decided it was futile to challenge him.

Haven't heard, or looked into in fact, about the Independents. Though I like Rand Paul I don't know if he will run, and even if he does I doubt he would win. Or, in fact, be a good president.
Like Jim Jordan and many others, Paul is a good senator and congressman. He is good at this job.
The best the independents can hope for is drawing enough voters away from one candidate or the other to decide who wins. Any semblance of relevancy.

I know many of you dislike Trump and that's fine. But watch this interview from a day or two ago and decide if you'd rather have Biden.

I know many of you dislike Trump and that's fine. But watch this interview from a day or two ago and decide if you'd rather have Biden.

I don't think most here dislike Trump, most just realize that his chances of getting elected again are near zero.