Politics The Biden thread

Except for the Ayatollahs (at least three times), North Vietnam, the Taliban, Syria and a whole host of other countries and groups who got away with literal murder :rolleyes:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
There is still time for someone in the audience to throw a shoe at this impostor, accurately I hope.

For once, I fully agree with Biden's words on the Supreme Court. The idea that a head of government could be immune from prosecution over any transgression that is not entirely related to their private life is insane.
Wait... what?

Biden stood up to Putin?

When?

:D
Perhaps when America sent aid to Ukraine rather than doing what Trump was advocating to do in February 2022, when he essentially congratulated Putin?

Meme o' the day, works on so many levels...
GRdj-3GW4AAFdSJ.jpeg

Except for the Ayatollahs (at least three times), North Vietnam, the Taliban, Syria and a whole host of other countries and groups who got away with literal murder :rolleyes:

I've patiently waited to see him swallow his teeth when he gets all frog ie and loud.

Current Situation:

Dems know that the White House is literally a lost cause. They are considering replacing Biden in order to stem the losses in the House and Senate. In the meantime, let the "Red Wedding" continue.

3 minutes ago....

3 minutes ago....

RIP Joe Biden

1942 - before August 2024

Camera's malfunctioning, the entire USSS taking a leak at the same time and Joe hanging himself with the strength of three fit men.

So... that would end doing what?

Biden was the presumptive candidate, therefore no primaries took place. There are no other candidates.

Kamala would run?

Or would that be Newsone since he has been claimed to be the favorite one?

Biden was the presumptive candidate, therefore no primaries took place. There are no other candidates.

Kamala would run?

Everyone knows this:

1720034435311.png

Kamala would run?

It's going to be Kamala Harris. The Democratic Party wouldn't dare take that opportunity away from a biracial asian/black woman. Certain invested "segments" of the population have already said it would essentially be racist to replace Harris. Replace Harris, say goodbye to a lot of the black vote. As I mentioned before, Newsom won't be involved in this one. They won't run 2 Californians together and I don't think Newsom is as viable of a candidate as some (including himself) paint him to be.

It's going to be Kamala Harris. The Democratic Party wouldn't dare take that opportunity away from a biracial asian/black woman. Certain invested "segments" of the population have already said it would essentially be racist to replace Harris. Replace Harris, say goodbye to a lot of the black vote. As I mentioned before, Newsom won't be involved in this one. They won't run 2 Californians together and I don't think Newsom is as viable of a candidate as some (including himself) paint him to be.
How about Michelle Obama, everyone's darling on the left? Publicity-wise, it wouldn't be a bad idea from a left-wing perspective. She's quite famous, wrote books, her face has been everywhere since 2008 (which seems to be more important than anything else these days).

Mark my words, it'll be her replacing him should the Dems push Biden aside.

Which will only expose the idiocy of identity politics even further. Kamala Harris strikes me as incompetent and devious, but compared to that woman she'd be the better choice. At least Harris has spent some time working in the judiciary and the executive branch, so she'd be better qualified for a government position than Michelle Obama, whose main claim to political relevance seems to be her husband.

My goodness. The Kennedys, the Clintons, the Bushs, the Obamas, the Bidens, the Trumps …

I'll never understand why America, a country birthed by revolution, keeps coming back to these quasi-royal families. And that's absolutely not a "liberal elites" kind of thing, by the way. Back in 2016, Trump immediatedly appointed his family members as advisors, and I'll be damned if that equally foul-mouthed son of his won't make a bid for the presidency at some point in time.

How about Michelle Obama, everyone's darling on the left? Publicity-wise, it wouldn't be a bad idea from a left-wing perspective. She's quite famous, wrote books, her face has been everywhere since 2008 (which seems to be more important than anything else these days).

Mark my words, it'll be her replacing him should the Dems push Biden aside.

Which will only expose the idiocy of identity politics even further. Kamala Harris strikes me as incompetent and devious, but compared to that woman she'd be the better choice. At least Harris has spent some time working in the judiciary and the executive branch, so she'd be better qualified for a government position than Michelle Obama, whose main claim to political relevance seems to be her husband.

My goodness. The Kennedys, the Clintons, the Bushs, the Obamas, the Bidens, the Trumps …

I'll never understand why America, a country birthed by revolution, keeps coming back to these quasi-royal families. And that's absolutely not a "liberal elites" kind of thing, by the way. Back in 2016, Trump immediatedly appointed his family members as advisors, and I'll be damned if that equally foul-mouthed son of his won't make a bid for the presidency at some point in time.
Michelle Obama would certainly cancel out any outrage at "replacing" Harris. But as you said, she has zero experience in government. At least Hilary Clinton had stints as a Senator and Secretary of State before running for president. Selecting Michelle Obama would be a "break glass in case of emergency" situation. It would probably help at this very moment, but there would be a lot of messes to clean up after.

Kamala Harris is way in over her head. She was fairly non-controversial as Attorney General in California. I've talked to cops that met her while she was in that position and she was fairly reserved and apparently wasn't trying to burn any bridges. She's probably a good teammate, but not Captain (or co-captain as she is now). Biden's staff sidelined her long ago at the risk of more embarrassment because she simply doesn't have what it takes to be VP. Whatever competencies she had ended a few government levels ago.

And I whole heartedly agree with your last point. It's a reason that I actually envy the British/Commonwealth system with regards to a monarch as head of state. A certain continuity and comfort of things can be found in the monarch's secured role. Prime Ministers may come and go but the head of state remains the same and stays above the fray. Though that hasn't exactly worked out with Trudeau 2.0 in Canada. Anyhow, I digress. Whoever the Dems pick to go forward will be selected for their perceived ability to beat Trump, not their abilities to govern. In their minds, once they beat Trump, they'll figure the rest out after.