China can sanction Western countries as well and many people don't take it into their accounts. China is a massive importer of Western goods and has a lot of resources that are scarce in the West.
That's why even if it's obvious that #ChinaVirus developers support the RuZZian war effort, the Western governments pretend that they don't know about it.
I deal with some Chinese business people. They are shitting themselves over sanctions. China has become Germany, an economy built on exports. Of course there is some leakage, like golf carts, uniforms etc, but so far no munitions or weapons have turned up.

Ok
I deal with some Chinese business people. They are shitting themselves over sanctions. China has become Germany, an economy built on exports. Of course there is some leakage, like golf carts, uniforms etc, but so far no munitions or weapons have turned up.
The Orcs use Chinese excavators to dig trenches plus machine tools and processors to produce weapons.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Also the EU pushed Ukraine into a revolution by having high ranking officials travel to Kyiv and promising Ukraine that they would support them.

Of course the unelected morons didn't expect russia to start a war over it, but rather hold fancy talks like they themselves would.

And talk is cheap, and a huge ego booster.
Revolutions don't happen against the will and without the active participation of the people. Even if what you say is true (I'm not accusing you of spreading falsehoods), it would've hardly made a difference. That's the problem with the narrative spread by both ends of the political spectrum about political upheavals – "paid protestors" and "puppet regimes" don't tend to produce a stable order, growth and a thriving society (but that's what Ukraine acquired in 2014). They're not sustainable, thus they collapse, unless of course the collapse is prevented by means of oppression.
If the wests aim is to stalemate Russia, in Ukraine, then we should be honest about it. It makes no difference to Russia.

And if so, we should supply large amounts of sam to protect civilian areas, to return to near normal.
That's the thing. I'm beginning to think there's no real strategy at all, which is highly ironic considering Russian propaganda telling their people it's all part of a big plan to spread the gay to god-fearing Slavs. Frankly, I think Joe Biden and Boris Johnson are/were the only leaders of the "old West" who realised what Putin is actually going for (what they did do about it is another story). The rest of them have no strategic vision. I fear they just want this war to go away. They think it's just a nuisance between them and their next election. Their doing only what's necessary to keep Ukraine alive is them waiting out a crisis they didn't want to deal with during their tenure.

Last edited:
As much as I am for the support of Ukraine, Zelenskyi is sometimes really getting on my nerves with his entitled "you owe me everything" attitude.
Today he basically implied in his press statement, that the west defending Israel against the Iranian attack is what a defence looks like, that we are not defending his Ukraine to this exent and falling short and even leave loopholes in Russian sanctione (as though we would do this intentionally).

I mean, he got 100 billions in aid and all he does is complaining, because we help someone else as well. And he is not asking, he is demanding.

So in this very point I am not with you, Ukraine's head of state does have a "gimme"-attitude.
I don't have a personal issue with the dude begging, stealing and being a generally difficult person to get weaponry to defend his country. I can relate to the stress and frustration over unfulfilled promises too. I am a bit worried that it might become counter productive for them though. The days of his rock star popularity and standing applause seem to be almost over and world leaders aren't that interested in inviting him over for shaking hands in press photos.

Well, what's the denominator common to these aforesaid world leaders?

2024 is one of the biggest election years in the history of democracy. As far as the Coalition is concerned, America elects a new president and parliament. National elections will also be held (or already have been held) in Belgium, Britain, Bulgaria, Croatia, Lithuania, Portugal, Romania and Slovakia. 450 million Europeans will elect a new European Parliament, and a new European Commission will be appointed. Last but not least, one quarter of Germany will go to polls in a vote that could potentially lead to the ousting of the German Chancellor.

They do not wish to be associated with the war in Ukraine right now, either because a significant chunk of their electorate opposes aiding Ukraine or for banal psychological reasons (bad news don't win elections). How is Zelenskyy going to get his message heard if not by shouting?

And this is why I decry a lack of strategic foresight, by the way. Had Western leaders truly realised or accepted the kind of situation they are tasked with handling, they would've made Ukraine a priority on their agenda. We are in a pre-1990 geopolitical landscape, but our leaders don't act accordingly. I'm not suggesting we should go back to the 1950's and revisit the red scare era, but frankly, analysing the policies of the "collective West" towards Russia I can't help but notice only the leaders of Estonia, Latvia, Lithuania and Poland even use the term "enemy" to describe Russia i.e. a country whose regime and state media regularly voice threats of invasion and nuclear annihilation against us.

The lack of commitment is obvious, and like I said, I wholly understand Zelenskyy's frustration. Ukraine trying to stay on friendly terms with e.g. Slovakia goes to show that his anger really is about being kept in limbo. It would be easier for him to deal with being cut off from support than being promised a support condemned to materialise only after Western leaders have sorted out their own petty squabbles.

The current military topography of Europe reminds me of the history of the 1400's, when the Ottomans ran roughshod over much of the Balkans with the declared goal of conquering the entire continent. Time and time again did local leaders (like Stephen of Moldavia or Albania's Skanderbeg) ask for help from Western peoples (after having proven their ability to temporarily stop the Muslim onslaught, no less), but rarely they received more than token support. (That era even had its own Hungary and Turkey in the guise of a French king allied with the Sultan). And what happened? Most of the Balkans fell under Turkish rule (for the next 400+ years in some cases), and the tide would only be turned in 1689.

Now, I'm obviously not suggesting that Russia is on the cusp of acquiring local hegemony, but it is bizarre to me how the West appears willing to risk a major international war and catastrophic economic penalties over efforts which are moderate in comparison.

Last edited:

Now, we are slowly achieving what was unthinkable before. The US will have a bipartisan consensus.
That Putin deserves Ukraine.