Politics China's Economy and Politics

Picanha

Mi Major General
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
European-Union
When you read the news it always seems as if China ist the worlds economic powerhouse only ever growing.

Astonishingly it even grew a lot during Corona.

It is also especially convenient in attracting investment.

But who makes this Data? And can it be trusted?

The yearly minimum salary increase in Poland for example exceeds the minimum complete wage in China.

In Poland it increased from 343 USD in 2010 to 761 USD in 2021.

Is it all faked to attract investion? Like a giant ponzy scheme?

Although the communist regime claims the economic numbers it reports are factual, a new report by the New York Federal Reserve shows China’s gross domestic product growth volatility is incredibly—and unbelievably—low compared to other countries.

The report details how China’s reported data is too smooth over time compared to authentic statistics, and debunks it further by comparing it with other sources of information, such as satellite images of nighttime lights, which reveal wider fluctuations in economic activity than the official Chinese statistics.

The CCP is in a race against time. They must wrest control of the US and other western economies within the next decade or they will collapse like a house of cards. Their debt to GNP ratio is actually around 300% which is unsustainable. They are also running out of cheap/slave labor.

Why China’s dramatic economic recovery might not add up​

The country seems to have rebounded, but some analysts believe that at the very least, there is sleight of hand at work

When you read the news it always seems as if China ist the worlds economic powerhouse only ever growing.

But who makes this Data? And can it be trusted?

The yearly minimum salary increase in Poland for example exceeds the minimum complete wage in China.

In Poland it increased from 343 USD in 2010 to 761 USD in 2021.

Is it all faked to attract investion? Like a giant ponzy scheme?

Although the communist regime claims the economic numbers it reports are factual, a new report by the New York Federal Reserve shows China’s gross domestic product growth volatility is incredibly—and unbelievably—low compared to other countries.

The report details how China’s reported data is too smooth over time compared to authentic statistics, and debunks it further by comparing it with other sources of information, such as satellite images of nighttime lights, which reveal wider fluctuations in economic activity than the official Chinese statistics.
In a similar way, weren't their delays in reporting COVID, because officials didnt want to break bad news to the higher ups......

If your a regional manager, you have a couple of choices, if the news is good, you report it correctly, if its bad, you over report, and hope to make it back next month. This artificial smoothing is possible whats being reported.

I mean for sure China has grown, and has helped its people, and the west, because a colour TV now costs £120......

The CCP is in a race against time. They must wrest control of the US and other western economies within the next decade or they will collapse like a house of cards. Their debt to GNP ratio is actually around 300% which is unsustainable. They are also running out of cheap/slave labor.

Some sources even presume they do not have enough work for all anymore.

University absolvents for example not able to find jobs and living as "gamers" are excluded from the statistics.

The CCP takes a hard stance to the outside world, making it seem AS If they are the center of the economic world. When in fact it is the other way round.

The EU alone has a trade deficit of nearly 200 Bill. € towards China.

Their system does not work. It is not a healthy Market Economy but a state controlled economy heavily relying in the outside markets feeding it.

Just as a theory to Illustrate: Imagine how would the economy of China work if it was leading in the world?

What would its driving force be? Its innovative potential?

China has had a good run, and as I said has helped its people, who surely needed it. The salary for a technician in Shanghai or Bejing is similar to the UK, outside of London, so the levelling up has begun, and China faces competition from Vietnam, Laos etc, for cheap manufacturing jobs.

3d printing will be another killer blow, the Argos van wont just bring your new patio furniture, it will print it on its way to you. Value of design will increase, cost of production will reduce, cost of transport will reduce a little, as ingredients shipped in bulk, and made from recycling your old stuff.

CCP maybe has another 10 years, hence its focus on security and control of its people. Once middle class is stable there will be trouble. Just a different version of Kings becoming ceremonial, rather than absolute rulers.

In a similar way, weren't their delays in reporting COVID, because officials didnt want to break bad news to the higher ups......

If your a regional manager, you have a couple of choices, if the news is good, you report it correctly, if its bad, you over report, and hope to make it back next month. This artificial smoothing is possible whats being reported.

I mean for sure China has grown, and has helped its people, and the west, because a colour TV now costs £120......

Exactly, just not to make a bad figure.

But they have to keep it up and subsidise it to take over the industries. Another example would be the offer they made for the Chicago Transit Autority new Metro cars. A spokesman from Hyundai Rotem told he has no idea how Chinas CRRC could have made that low offer.

Now they barely manage to deliver.

Funny thing happening here. We gave them the jobs, now they buy all our food as their consumption increases and at the rate of the price of food the poor aren't able to afford meat, milk, cheese and even middle class think twice about putting it in the shopping trolley. You can see where its heading...

Last edited:
After their latest so-called “bat eaters” errr conveniently located Wuhan institute of Virology “wet market” contribution to the World, I want nothing but the outright collapse of the CCP.

Technically, yes: making lots of cheap stuff, at low price, for low wages with very little to no regulations and generous disregard for working conditions.

In a sense it is a mentality/philosophy put into practice, and it works. And not solely on the economic level. From a military point of view, it goes the same way.

But, unfortunately, these are guesses and predictions. No matter how reasonable and grounded in reality they are, certainties are made so only when it is too late to change anything. And since our leaders are so willing to show Xi their bellies...

Paper tiger and cardboard dragon.

After their latest so-called “bat eaters” errr conveniently located Wuhan institute of Virology “wet market” contribution to the World, I want nothing but the outright collapse of the CCP.
Same. They have literally attacked the planet in order to get an economic advantage. The CCP is one of the most evil regimes in the history of mankind.

Same. They have literally attacked the planet in order to get an economic advantage. The CCP is one of the most evil regimes in the history of mankind.

Indeed, I couldn’t help myself and ponder again snarkily on the origin of the pandemic, but I agree overall. I see China as more of a threat than Iran, IS, Twitter or the Martians could ever be.

Indeed, I couldn’t help myself and ponder again snarkily on the origin of the pandemic, but I agree overall. I see China as more of a threat than Iran, IS, Twitter or the Martians could ever be.
For sure. Nothing threatens the world like the CCP does.

Technically, yes: making lots of cheap stuff, at low price, for low wages with very little to no regulations and generous disregard for working conditions.

In a sense it is a mentality/philosophy put into practice, and it works. And not solely on the economic level. From a military point of view, it goes the same way.

But, unfortunately, these are guesses and predictions. No matter how reasonable and grounded in reality they are, certainties are made so only when it is too late to change anything. And since our leaders are so willing to show Xi their bellies...

Paper tiger and cardboard dragon.
They show their bellies because the money is good for them. Personally, I see them as nothing more than traitors.

Oh, China does overstate its economic success – no doubt about it. The lack of transparency in that country downright obiges us to be suspicious until proven wrong. Having said that, does it really matter? I'm not being sarcastic; names like Lehman Brothers or Wirecard just popped up in my head. Our economies encourage building on sandy ground, too. Much to our benefit, I might add, however temporary.
They show their bellies because the money is good for them. Personally, I see them as nothing more than traitors.
They're hypocrites for sure, but your assessment strikes me as too simplistic. Capital has no natural affinity for authoritarianism, which more often than not fails to guarantee the certainty of the law investors need. The reason our economies are so deeply intertwined with China's is, quite frankly, not Beijing's fault. It's ours. The shortage of medicinal goods in 2020 put the hows and whys of that relationship on full display.

Who pays $1 for a surgical mask produced in Conneticut if a Chinese-manufactured one costs only 1¢? It's only logical Western manufacturers outsourced their production to China. And of course the consumers benefitted from that. I don't know about you, but I'm neither patriotic nor affluent enough to make a conscious effort to buy a domestic product if I can get a foreign one of roughly the same quality for way less money.

Heck, it's not just individual customers who gained from our reliance on China's economy. The difference between $1 and 1¢ for a surgical mask might as well be all that keeps a system like Britain's NHS from imploding – explaining why our governments don't mind our strengthening a bitter economical rival and potential future foe. The point is, if treason has been committed it has been committed by us all.

What do you mean? They opened themselves up for trade. Gradually. Emphatically even since the 1980s. And they did nicely for themselves; whether or not their economic data is inflated, they turned from "3 in 10 kids starving" to "3 in 10 kids being mortally obese" in the span of two generations.

The fact of the matter is, we did nicely for ourselves trading with them, too. Chinese production facilities are the reason why even poor Westerners can afford smartphones and plasma tellies. And considering the size of foreign investments made by Chinese companies and the foreign exchange owned by the Chinese state, I'd say it doesn't even matter how high they truly rank as an economy.

The world, unfortunately, can't do without them right now. And if anything positive comes out of the pandemic crisis at all, it'll be our realising that.

You know what? They established themselves cleverly, it has to be said. As Western governments were busy trading barbs with Russia and Iran, the Chinese silently set up shop everywhere with filled coffers. Putin rode his horse bare-chested and with erect nipples – just out of sight the conference rooms were bustling with polite, bland Chinese businessmen asking to buy shares in Western companies.

Quite frankly, I'm not surprised so many Western governments fell for the "change through rapprochement" routine. Twenty years ago, only security policy experts perceived China as an adversary. In Europe and Oceania, the average citizen often looked more favourably on China than they did on America. Beijing made sure to remain inconspicuous until they'd become too big to be shoved aside.