Politics China insults Australia

colin traveller

Mi Field Marshall
MI.Net Member
TAARB
Disgraceful what the Chinese Govt did ...

It's time they were taught a lesson financially .. Complete global trade ban strarve them nothing in or out ..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Taxcinder is fully behind Morrison's condemnation

Twitter decides not to remove the rubbish.

If you are in an industry that depends heavily on goods imported from or sold to China, you should be looking to diversify and quickly. I can see a Western embargo on China coming before too long.

Trump was right all the way on the #ChinaVirus and the CCP.

He actually “dared” openly pointing at them and their blatant lies and so-called “transparency”.

I also stand with our Aussie brethren.

Am I supposed to be offended by a stupid chinese troll?

Distract away from their Uighur culturecide and of course the china virus that Aussie has been vocal on.

I can see a Western embargo on China coming before too long.

bidenxi.png

If you are in an industry that depends heavily on goods imported from or sold to China, you should be looking to diversify and quickly. I can see a Western embargo on China coming before too long.

While I violently agree that the world needs to hold China to account and act like a rising global power, we can’t unwind bilateral trade and broad/deep supply chain integration overnight.

It will take a minimum of 10, possibly more than 20, years to shift back to more localised supply chain.

I would say longer, as western inability and unwillingness to act decisively will stretch it out, even if we make a legit effort.

The only industry I’m seeing that is making a half hearted effort to return to the US is semiconductor manufacturing.

TSMC(in Taiwan) is the global “big swinging Richard” of advanced semiconductors.

Trump banned the US IP inside of those chips from going to China/Huewai.

There is a multi-billion dollar effort to replicate the capacity and capability in the US homeland.

It will take 5 years. With a Herculean effort it might be cut to 3.

Meanwhile, China is starting to show its teeth and bang the war drum in a scenario that bears striking and frightening similarity to the US embargo of oil exports to Japan in late 1940.

Company I work for got sick of intellectual property theft and a really piss poor work attitude from China about 3 years ago and moved 90% of production to Indonesia - a massive step up IMO.

If I was in an Australian or NZ company that had a lot of business with China I'd be looking to shift that risk as fast as I could. Even if there isn't a formal embargo you can already read that a lot of people are starting to look at what it would take for an informal boycott.

I feel for my Antipodean buds - it's not been a good few weeks. Given how much the 'progressive' press appear to be screaming for blanket punishment of the Australian SF community you've got to wonder what's behind this push. Already there are articles promoting severe sanction, i.e. disbandment of SASR, and the witch-hunt conducted by them (because this is what it is becoming) looks set to extend wider as they've already got hooks into UKSF and are determined to uncover the same/similar. In the UK version now for over a week this line of reporting has been prominent on the website and keeps adding new articles:

https://www.theguardian.com/austral...rs-prosthetic-leg-must-be-accountable-senator

As for their article on the shitty CCP-doctored image, they effectively put it all on the ADF with a 'but you did this!' spin front-and-centre. Kind of makes me wonder where the support is coming from? You would never see from the Guardian or similar this level of digging aimed at their own causes célèbres (and as my primary piece of evidence, I present the progressive press reporting on the BLM-associated 'incidents', with nary a peep of negative comment for this series of 'mostly peaceful demonstrations' or the effects on local communities).

In any case, the points raised by the posts above stand. The CCP is a practiced antagoniser and disingenuous presence internationally and this appears to be getting worse, courtesy of the 'wolf warrior' style of diplomacy en vogue. It clearly employs some sort of diplomatic diode, whereby the 'standards' it regularly spouts are expected to be applied one-way only. But let's play Devil's Advocate for a moment - what have been the key hallmarks of Western diplomacy and intervention over the past three decades? We are hardly spotless, and need to be prepared for the inevitable comebacks, irrespective of the (ir)relevance to the matter at hand.

In addition, we should also be straight with ourselves regards the scale of effort needed to divest and untangle ourselves commercially and economically from China. Should the West decide on this as a political strategy, it will take decades to implement - a timescale the CCP will be far happier with than transient western governments with a penchant for flip-flopping. It's that, or we have to be prepared for a very, very nasty shock-to-the-system if we go hard on the cut to reduce the timescales. Which, to be clear, we collectively won't be.

I remember the old saying , the scrap the Japanese use to buy came back as bullets.

China's imperialist agenda wasn't confronted in Tibet or Hong Kong really by the world public. No real back lash in terms of petitions to parliament or even the slightest consideration by the consumer about the shirt on the shelf.

Brands urged to take action on forced labour of Uyghur Muslims in China

The deaf eared, don't care.

I proudly try and avoid Chinese made, Twitter or FB. The selfish Lebron James types are weird role models.

Last edited:
I remember the old saying , the scrap the Japanese use to buy came back as bullets.

China's imperialist agenda wasn't confronted in Tibet or Hong Kong really by the world public. No real back lash in terms of petitions to parliament or even the slightest consideration by the consumer about the shirt on the shelf.

Brands urged to take action on forced labour of Uyghur Muslims in China

The deaf eared, don't care.

I proudly try and avoid Chinese made, Twitter or FB. The selfish Lebron James types are weird role models.

Remember that "thank you" note at the end of the movie Mulan?

Mulan specifically thank the publicity department of CPC Xinjiang uyghur autonomous region committee.