Politics China insults Australia

This is how China reacts on "insults" following the EU sanctions regarding the Uighurs, Chinese state media starts to agitate against western companies.

They agitate against various clothing and sports outlets. They rallied especailly against H&M but also accuse Adidas, Nike and New Balance as being anti China.

Popular Chinese faces making commercials for them should leave them and no Chinese shall buy their products.

Funny that they boycot such stuff, and not important other things.

And by the way China didnt insult Australia. They accused them of commiting war crimes in Afghanistan. These claims are actually based on facts.
How come the appropriate (let alone necessary) response to unlawful killings of Afghans by Australian soldiers requires a Chinese government official to release a photoshopped image of a cartoonishly bloodthirsty Australian soldier slicing the throat of an Afghan girl while she's cradling a lamb in her hands? A few days before Christmas, no less – a holiday celebrating the birth of a religious figure commonly allegorised as a lamb?

That heinous picture ignores the disgust Australia has shown towards the culprits, falsely depicting their deeds as an "Australian crime" rather than a crime that's been committed by people who happened to be Australians; it ignores Australia's efforts to put the culprits on trial, passing over the fact those soldiers did something which Australia never wanted them to do; and most importantly, coming from China it's the height of hypocrisy.

The lowest estimate of historians for the number of deaths caused by the CCP since 1949 is 20 million. Show me a single member of the Chinese military, police or government apparatus that's ever been tried for their crimes against humanity. Perhaps the most insulting part of that charade is that Chinese official had the gall to feign moral disgust while abusing murder victims to agitate against Australia over something as petty as a trade dispute.

Of course it's an insult.

Well said that's exactly the issue. In the West such things materialise after all and are prosecuted and not encouraged.

Any public discussions in Russia on what happend in Chechnya?

Or what Kadyrov is doing there?

Maybe Ilja Walerjewitsch Jaschin cares, but he even gets arrested for running for office.

Well said that's exactly the issue. In the West such things materialise after all and are prosecuted and not encouraged.

Maybe Ilja Walerjewitsch Jaschin cares, but he even gets arrested for running for office.
It's not just the CCP not having a clean slate. Go back enough in time and the moral high ground will look deserted anyway. (Wouldn't we Germans know a lot about that.) The insult lies in blatantly omitting the fact that Australia did do her homework; she hadn't approved the deed beforehand, she didn't condone it, now she's prosecuting it.

Come to think of it, perhaps the most insulting aspect of this charade is the insult to one's intelligence. Beijing launched this little campaign to discredit Australia as a credible critic of China's foreign policies. It'd have worked a lot better had the incident in question not been exposed by Australia's armed forces and government and if it'd not sparked a national outcry.

The CCP attempted to hijack that row to "expose" Australia's hypocrisy. Instead, they inadvertently proved Australia right. There's no more credible critic than he who abides by his own standards even when it hurts. Especially when it hurts. Bugger me, this is easily the most inept piece of propaganda I've seen in a long time.

How come the appropriate (let alone necessary) response to unlawful killings of Afghans by Australian soldiers requires a Chinese government official to release a photoshopped image of a cartoonishly bloodthirsty Australian soldier slicing the throat of an Afghan girl while she's cradling a lamb in her hands? A few days before Christmas, no less – a holiday celebrating the birth of a religious figure commonly allegorised as a lamb?
Chinese were clearly reffering to those killings in Afghanistan. The subject that none of you brought up for some reason during this 5 page long outrage. I just thought its worth outlining the context.

That heinous picture ignores the disgust Australia has shown towards the culprits, falsely depicting their deeds as an "Australian crime" rather than a crime that's been committed by people who happened to be Australians; it ignores Australia's efforts to put the culprits on trial, passing over the fact those soldiers did something which Australia never wanted them to do;
Appropriate response? The official investigation was launched in May 2020 only after ABC report was released in March 2020 featuring actual footage and witness testimonies and when it became absolutely clear its impossible to sweep it under the rug. At the time when report was released most of the perpetrators were still serving in ADF. The evidence we have now shows that throughout 2010s ADF were sistematically commiting and covering up war crimes to the extent it became some kind of "culture" (note this is not my word thats how whistleblower himself called it.)

and most importantly, coming from China it's the height of hypocrisy.

Show me a single member of the Chinese military, police or government apparatus that's ever been tried for their crimes against humanity. Perhaps the most insulting part of that charade is that Chinese official had the gall to feign moral disgust while abusing murder victims to agitate against Australia over something as petty as a trade dispute.

Of course it's an insult.
Height of Western hypocricy maybe. PRC human rights record didnt stop Nixon and Kissinger from coming to China to exploit Sino-Soviet split and cooperating with them for more thatn 40 years.

The lowest estimate of historians for the number of deaths caused by the CCP since 1949 is 20 million.
Still they have to try much harder to outdo you Germans. ;)

Last edited:
Chinese were clearly reffering to those killings in Afghanistan.
That doesn't even make any sense. No one denies what they were referring to. It is questioned why they felt a need to talk about it, particularly in so absurd a manner.
Appropriate response? The official investigation was launched in May 2020 only after ABC report was released in March 2020 featuring actual footage and witness testimonies and when it became absolutely clear its impossible to sweep it under the rug.
1. That doesn't explain at all why it was an appropriate response for Beijing to post badly photoshopped pictures full of weird and inappropriate symbology.

2. "They wouldn't have exposed it if it hadn't been exposed", is that your argument?

"Have you heard of the drug bust? A crown witness tipped off police and they seized a ton of Cocaine!"
– "Well, why hadn't they seized it before the witness told them it was there? Clearly the police is in cahoots with the drug dealers!"
Height of Western hypocricy maybe. PRC human rights record didnt stop Nixon and Kissinger from coming to China to exploit Sino-Soviet split and cooperating with them for more thatn 40 years.
That's the most embarassing retort I've read in ages. Heck, feminists have sharper comebacks than this. Do you really want to equate what you call "coming to China to exploit Sino-Soviet split and cooperating with them for more thatn 40 years" with genocide?

I beg you, refrain from trying to lecture "the West" on hypocrisy in the future. Your thinking that there even is such a thing as "the West" as a uniform entity shows how ill-prepared you are for that task.

This is the problem with our relationship (or our relationship with China for that matter). Your societies are collectivist, ours are not. We make a distinction between governments and their people, you don't. If our governments criticise Beijing or Moscow, you believe it to be an attack on your people and your national honour. Well, it isn't.

And that's also why the CCP believes that those war crimes reflect on Australia as a whole. Even if they're merely cases of criminal conduct by service members which Australia hasn't ordered, hasn't condoned and is now prosecuting. A task which Australia's courts are more than capable of.
Still they have to try much harder to outdo you Germans. ;)
I don't remember having killed anybody as of late. Have you killed anybody as of late, or do you want me to make a distinction between Stalin's crimes and you? Q.e.d.

That aside, I've always been terrible at maths but it seems to me that 20 million is a higher number than 6 to 9 million – especially when the upper estimate for the CCP's oopsies is a staggering 100 million. That's the number of people killed by Chinese communism if the victims of the "Cultural Revolution" and planned economy are to be included. But it doesn't matter.

What matters (and has angered many Australians) is that China's state apparatus has tens of thousands of Uyghurs interned in concentration camps under appalling conditions right now, at the orders of the government. And when getting called out for running actual concentration camps, the aforesaid government insults the Australians implying they have no right to condemn Beijing because a few Australian soldiers committed unsanctioned killings against Australia's explicit orders and laws?

The sass to defend that kind of behaviour …

Last edited:
So who was actually prosecuted for murdering those 39 civilians in Afghanistan?

There was a discussion in Parliament on Samashki in 1995. There was criminal investigation on Novye Aldy in 2000. Colonel Budanov was jailed. These are most prominent cases. Not to mention the overall aproar in Russian liberal media outlets regarding the actions by federal troops during both First and Second Chechen Wars.

Again the Russian liberal media watches quite closely and reports on whats going on in Chechnya.

He is a municipal deputy actually. And he is free now as far as I know.

But again Germans are lecturing Russians on rules of war now? Come on mate! You cant be serious about it! ?

Last edited:
That doesn't even make any sense. No one denies what they were referring to. It is questioned why they felt a need to talk about it, particularly in so absurd a manner.
Im just stating a fact. Over five pages you guys discussed everything but the essence of the matter namely Brereton Report covering ADF war crimes in Afghanistan.

1. That doesn't explain at all why it was an appropriate response for Beijing to post badly photoshopped pictures full of weird and inappropriate symbology.
The picture in the tweet was provocative indeed, the text was alright though:

"Shocked by murder of Afghan civilians & prisoners by Australian soldiers. We strongly condemn such acts, &call for holding them accountable."

2. "They wouldn't have exposed it if it hadn't been exposed", is that your argument?

"Have you heard of the drug bust? A crown witness tipped off police and they seized a ton of Cocaine!"
– "Well, why hadn't they seized it before the witness told them it was there? Clearly the police is in cahoots with the drug dealers!"
Alright the probe was actually launched in 2016. I got it wrong at the beginning, my bad. But the whole story looks very suspicious nevertheless.

Basically back in 2016 Australian commando named Kevin Frost exposed ADF commiting and covereing up war crimes in Afghanistan. The Australian government claims that "secret" probe was launched that year to investigate alleged war crimes. The "investigation" dragged on for almost 4 years. Subsequently the whistleblower was found dead in December 2019. Few months after that in March 2020 the ABC report came out featuring testimony by another whistleblower. After that government rushed to conclude the investigation and released a report on November 2020 confirming previous allegations. Yet noone was prosecuted thus far.

All of that looks very weird. I mean dead witnesses and so on. I certainly need to investigate that further...

That's the most embarassing retort I've read in ages. Heck, feminists have sharper comebacks than this. Do you really want to equate what you call "coming to China to exploit Sino-Soviet split and cooperating with them for more thatn 40 years" with genocide?
Honestly I dont know what genocide you are refering to. All Im saying Nixon administration aligned themselves with chairman Mao in early 70s despite all the S**t he has done previously only because it suited their political agenda at that time.

I beg you, refrain from trying to lecture "the West" on hypocrisy in the future. Your thinking that there even is such a thing as "the West" as a uniform entity shows how ill-prepared you are for that task.
This thread has nothing to do with Germany, yet you rushed to defend Australia. That means there are some ties among Western countries. My assumption was correct.

This is the problem with our relationship (or our relationship with China for that matter). Your societies are collectivist, ours are not. We make a distinction between governments and their people, you don't. If our governments criticise Beijing or Moscow, you believe it to be an attack on your people and your national honour. Well, it isn't.
What in my words makes you believe that I have collectivist mindset and take criticism of Russian goverment as personal insult? Quotes please.

And that's also why the CCP believes that those war crimes reflect on Australia as a whole. Even if they're merely cases of criminal conduct by service members which Australia hasn't ordered, hasn't condoned and is now prosecuting. A task which Australia's courts are more than capable of.
Again where did you get this crap? Chinese diplomats merely condemned ADF war crimes in Afganistan. Read the initial tweet.

I don't remember having killed anybody as of late. Have you killed anybody as of late, or do you want me to make a distinction between Stalin's crimes and you? Q.e.d.
Alright. You have nothing to do with Hitlers crimes. I have nothing to do with Stalins crimes. Modern Chinese have nothing to do with Maos crimes. Lets move on.

That aside, I've always been terrible at maths but it seems to me that 20 million is a higher number than 6 to 9 million – especially when the upper estimate for the CCP's oopsies is a staggering 100 million. That's the number of people killed by Chinese communism if the victims of the "Cultural Revolution" and planned economy are to be included. But it doesn't matter.
Again what Xi Jingping has to do with Maoist crimes in the 60s? He was 10 year old back then.

What matters (and has angered many Australians) is that China's state apparatus has tens of thousands of Uyghurs interned in concentration camps under appalling conditions right now, at the orders of the government. And when getting called out for running actual concentration camps, the aforesaid government insults the Australians implying they have no right to condemn Beijing because a few Australian soldiers committed unsanctioned killings against Australia's explicit orders and laws?
The sass to defend that kind of behaviour …
What concentrations camps? What we are seeing are multiple detention centres containing thousands of Uyghurs. All of that is happening in the context of Uygur insurgency in Xianjang province. Clearly not something unprecedented. How its different from mass detentions that were happening during the Iraq War? Even if assume there are tens of thousands of detainees still they will represent only a fraction of percent of overall Uyghur population in China.

Good point on China-Australia trade war though. Have to read about it...

Last edited:
Well I don't know what we are talking about. It's getting into whataboutism.

My take on the Chechen issue was not that there was no action or whatsoever. But that this state remains. Chechnya occupied.

The same applies to China or will China ever leave Tibet or Xinjiang?

So it is pointless to discuss about it, my bad for bringing that up.

But to come back, they just picked a random issue which suits their agenda to deflect from their wrongdoings.

Which they will never admit and thats the difference.

Whataboutism on a state level.

Well I don't know what we are talking about. It's getting into whataboutism.
The topic is China condemning ADF war crimes in Afghanistan in the first place. You guys were the ones dragging Xinjiang and Chechnya into discussion straight away. So who is sliding into whataboutsm here?

My take on the Chechen issue was not that there was no action or whatsoever. But that this state remains. Chechnya occupied.
What you mean Chechnya is occupied? It was never an independent state nor it was internationally recognized. It can't be occupied.

The same applies to China or will China ever leave Tibet or Xinjiang?
Same thing. Why would they leave? Both Tibet and Xinjiang are internationally recognized parts of PRC.

So it is pointless to discuss about it, my bad for bringing that up.
The point is Western countries are obssessed with lecturing other nations while not toletaring criticism coming from other nations. I always wondered what makes you feel so exceptional? Mind your own business, and we gonna mind ours.

But to come back, they just picked a random issue which suits their agenda to deflect from their wrongdoings.
No, it seems this war of the words has something to do with trade disputes between the two countries...

Which they will never admit and thats the difference.
Whataboutism on a state level.
You know this whole narative "At least we in the West learn from our mistakes" is complete bullshit. What have you learned over the past 20 years? You invaded Iraq in 2003 in violation of international law. The resulting civil war took hundreds of thousands human lives and millions became displaced. Ten years latter instead of invading Syria you choose to support armed opposion within the country. That seems like a huge progress but the result is the same - civil war with hundreds of thousands killed and millions displaced. And now you threatening Iran. So let me ask you again what have you learned? You learned nothing! Same f***ing agression and expansionism as always!

Last edited:
Well yes I exculpated myself for the whataboutism, doesn't take the fact away that China CCP started this whataboutism.

They could have made a diplomatic note or whatever is used in the diplomatic corps. But hey they resorted to primitive fake pictures purely to provoke.

So what is the desired outcome of such action? Or why do you do it that way? Please tell me.

Colonel Budanov was jailed.

Budanov was rapist, torturer, murderer and he did all that not during operation but back in his quarters so there is no comparison with Australian soldiers who had to worry about safety of the group on patrol.

Anyway, it was Chincom propagandists who tried to insult Australia by using a photoshoped lie and losing own face in process.

Budanov was rapist, torturer, murderer and he did all that not during operation but back in his quarters so there is no comparison with Australian soldiers who had to worry about safety of the group on patrol.
He spent 8 years in prison. None of the perpetrators from Brereton report were prosecuted so far.

Anyway, it was Chincom propagandists who tried to insult Australia by using a photoshoped lie and losing own face in process.
What propaganda? Chinese condemned ADF war crimes in Afghanistan after Brereton report was released. 39 people killed.

He spent 8 years in prison

For raping, torturing and killing in cold blood without any risk to himself or his men 8 is not enough.

What propaganda?

Chincom propaganda.

The Chinese communist regime has “disgraced themselves in front of the world” after posting a doctored picture of an Australian soldier holding a knife to a child’s neck.

So now if you like to fry an egg or two you can use Xi's face ;)