To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To be honest, railroad track is about the WORST possible target to waste ATACMS on. Rail is VERY easy to repair and Russia has a dedicated rail force designed to do just that. There are many many better targets that would have more effect.

To be honest, railroad track is about the WORST possible target to waste ATACMS on. Rail is VERY easy to repair and Russia has a dedicated rail force designed to do just that. There are many many better targets that would have more effect.
you either hit bridges, or marshalling yards. Tracks, leave that to the partisans.

Interesting Story:

True. Lengths of track nailed to ties (called "Panels") are piled in reserve on any RR. So you blow a big hole in the road bed, ballast is quickly hauled in via truck, dumped, shaped as before - then a train with panels arrives, and they're quickly in place. Back in biz - maybe a little slower until new ballast settles, but trains run.

As a very long time ago Infantryman I can say with enthusiasm, there is no better protection that a deep hole. Number one best issue was the shovel. Altho I think those nifty WWII small gas stoves issued to German Infantry was just the best little invention ever. It burned gas but my how efficient it was. All of them sold as surplus and impossible to find now because every Deer Hunter in the world bought one. The shovel remains easy to find because no one wants to dig a hole unless he's receiving 75 re-coil-less or better. It's awful loud at a 30' distance, shrapnel got my little rotating fan sitting on the mid frame of my hootch. One poor fella never got the word to not run but just get down, he ran into one of the large bunkers at the back door made of 30 gallon drums of sand, someone had left one of those large upright floor fans running and in the dark the guy stuck his finger in the fan and lost one. ;0) war is hell. What a story to share with his kids. We also lost Chiefs ship sitting on the hot spot outside his back door. Ship was damaged bad enough it was dropped into the South China Sea

Attachments

• Hotspot T-Bird 6 destroyed 75 re coiless mid 68.jpg
    Hotspot T-Bird 6 destroyed 75 re coiless mid 68.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 29
Yesterday, an additional fuel tank (empty) of the Polish MiG-29 aircraft was mistakenly rejected on Polish territory. Nothing happened to anyone. The statement from the press service of the Polish armed forces is interesting. It shows that the Polish Air Force has approximately 14 MiG-29 fighter aircraft, including single-seat MiG-29A/G (9.12A) and two-seat MiG-29UB/GT (9.51), currently operating only from the 22nd Tactical Air Base in Królewo Malborskie (in December 2022 and January 2023, all MiG-29s were transferred from the 23rd Tactical Air Base in Mińsk Mazowiecki, due to the deployment of the newly ordered 12 FA-50 Fighting Eagle light combat aircraft there).

The message also clearly stated that 14 planes were handed over to fighting Ukraine.
439221010_987029802780300_1929171724296648018_n.jpg

Fuel and Ammo and of course food. Without it they need no railroad. I think the photo must have had a special lens because the ties look arched for some reason ? and I was also wondering are the Russians still using light gage rail. It wasn't so long ago that a lot of EU rail was still a light gage. It makes it difficult to move heavy things by rail, namely Main Battle Tanks

Footage of a Russian 7.62mm PKM machine gun hitting a Ukrainian drone called “Baba Yaga”. Drones of the Baba Yaga type are heavy agricultural UAVs of various models, converted for military needs and usually armed with 82 mm mines. As can be seen from the video, defeating a drone even with a machine gun takes longer than if shotguns were used, which have been talked about a lot lately. It is worth noting that the Russian army has begun to receive shotguns. The photo was taken over Chasov Yar.

The Russians are starting to run out of Western supplied bearings for their trains due to sanctions. I predict lots more accidents in the near future.
if they can get chips for their advanced weapon systems, they can probably get the bearings and maybe even the machine tools to manufacture them.... that horse left the barn a long time ago...

if they can get chips for their advanced weapon systems, they can probably get the bearings and maybe even the machine tools to manufacture them.... that horse left the barn a long time ago...
I don't know about that. One of the reasons so many T-55 and T-62s are being refurbished is that they don't rely on lots of tech which is in short supply. I'm not sure where they'd get the bearings from, (China??) since the highest quality ones come from the West. Also, I admit to not being an expert on this, but I don't believe that you can simply start producing them with someone's left over tooling.