Mil News Current Iran/Iraq/US Tensions and Actions Unfolding

Just dropping this little stone here and see where the ripples lead ;)
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
That tunnel entrance will be like valley of the kings if it kicks off - a tomb

I am pretty sure they have the GPS co-ordinates of every air vent shaft as well

Very difficult to hide anything from a satellite - its like saying x marks the spot

Bullseye:

Edit:

Last edited:
Saudi airbase after the Houthis struck with Iranian goodies:

161522989497811500.webp

Poor Saudis are almost getting daily bombarded now.

The Houthis are on a roll:

Biden’s Problem in Yemen: The Houthis are Winning​

The Houthi rebels currently feel emboldened in Yemen’s war. The Iran-aligned movement believes that it is winning this gruesome conflict. This belief is well-founded. Ansar Allah (the dominant Houthi militia) controls the land where roughly 80 percent of Yemen’s population lives. Other factors contributing to Houthi confidence are the shift in Washington’s Yemen foreign policy with new leadership in the White House, and the continuation of Ansar Allah’s strikes against Saudi Arabia, recently exemplified by the Ras Tanura attacks of March 7 that targeted one of the largest oil shipping ports in the world. Rather than laying down their arms and agreeing to what U.S. special envoy to Yemen Tim Lenderking called a “sound” ceasefire plan, the Houthis have decided instead to continue their armed struggle to capture the hydrocarbon-rich Marib province.

Why Stop a War You’re Winning?

A major dilemma for the Biden administration is how to deal with the Houthis’ resolve to continue fighting. Because the Houthis are currently on the offensive, it will be extremely difficult for the U.S. leadership to figure out how to incentivize them to lay down their arms and trust a peace process that will require them to make concessions to their domestic, regional, and international adversaries. Much of the difficulty for Biden’s team stems from the fact that the U.S. has basically zero direct influence over the Houthis. By virtue of Washington’s support for Saudi Arabia in the war, the Houthi rebels understandably see the U.S. as an enemy. As soon as the Washington-backed Saudi campaign — Operation Decisive Storm — began in 2015, the Houthis began eyeing deeper relationships with Iran, China, and Russia in an effort to counter-balance Riyadh’s support from Western and other Arab governments.

Inspired by and aligned with Iran and Lebanese Hezbollah, the Houthis have gained an immense amount of power. The group will probably never have the strength to control all of Yemen, and the fluid nature of the war suggests that some of their gains could possibly be reversed if the conflict continues. However, the extent to which the Houthis control Yemen today should give all policymakers reason to discount the possibility of Saudi Arabia and Yemen’s President Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi’s weak government defeating Ansar Allah militarily. “One thing is abundantly clear: The Houthis will not succumb to pressure,” wrote the Brookings Intelligence Project’s Bruce Riedel. “Almost six years of Saudi bombing, blockade, and humanitarian catastrophe have not moved the rebels.”

Saudi airbase after the Houthis struck with Iranian goodies:

View attachment 285600

Poor Saudis are almost getting daily bombarded now.
Is that supposed to be King Khalid Air Base? If so where on the airbase is that? Do you have a better photo from further out, so I can work out where it is on the base in relation to the airstrips and the hardened shelters for the aircraft

Is that supposed to be King Khalid Air Base? If so where on the airbase is that? Do you have a better photo from further out, so I can work out where it is on the base in relation to the airstrips and the hardened shelters for the aircraft

King Khalid Air Base in Khamis Mushit, indeed.

Unfortunately, I haven't a better photo.

The Houthis are on a roll:

Biden’s Problem in Yemen: The Houthis are Winning​

The Houthi rebels currently feel emboldened in Yemen’s war. The Iran-aligned movement believes that it is winning this gruesome conflict. This belief is well-founded. Ansar Allah (the dominant Houthi militia) controls the land where roughly 80 percent of Yemen’s population lives. Other factors contributing to Houthi confidence are the shift in Washington’s Yemen foreign policy with new leadership in the White House, and the continuation of Ansar Allah’s strikes against Saudi Arabia, recently exemplified by the Ras Tanura attacks of March 7 that targeted one of the largest oil shipping ports in the world. Rather than laying down their arms and agreeing to what U.S. special envoy to Yemen Tim Lenderking called a “sound” ceasefire plan, the Houthis have decided instead to continue their armed struggle to capture the hydrocarbon-rich Marib province.

Why Stop a War You’re Winning?

A major dilemma for the Biden administration is how to deal with the Houthis’ resolve to continue fighting. Because the Houthis are currently on the offensive, it will be extremely difficult for the U.S. leadership to figure out how to incentivize them to lay down their arms and trust a peace process that will require them to make concessions to their domestic, regional, and international adversaries. Much of the difficulty for Biden’s team stems from the fact that the U.S. has basically zero direct influence over the Houthis. By virtue of Washington’s support for Saudi Arabia in the war, the Houthi rebels understandably see the U.S. as an enemy. As soon as the Washington-backed Saudi campaign — Operation Decisive Storm — began in 2015, the Houthis began eyeing deeper relationships with Iran, China, and Russia in an effort to counter-balance Riyadh’s support from Western and other Arab governments.

Inspired by and aligned with Iran and Lebanese Hezbollah, the Houthis have gained an immense amount of power. The group will probably never have the strength to control all of Yemen, and the fluid nature of the war suggests that some of their gains could possibly be reversed if the conflict continues. However, the extent to which the Houthis control Yemen today should give all policymakers reason to discount the possibility of Saudi Arabia and Yemen’s President Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi’s weak government defeating Ansar Allah militarily. “One thing is abundantly clear: The Houthis will not succumb to pressure,” wrote the Brookings Intelligence Project’s Bruce Riedel. “Almost six years of Saudi bombing, blockade, and humanitarian catastrophe have not moved the rebels.”

I find this article interesting, in that it starts with "Biden's Problem". Biden doesn't even know what day it is, let alone anything about Yemen. His behind the scenes handlers couldn't care less about what happens in Yemen.

The Saudis have embroiled themselves in a war which they seem incapable of winning. Houthis are for themselves. As soon as hostilities are over, they will have no use for Iranians telling them what to do.

It is much more likelier though, that Iran will turn the Houthi movement into another Hezbollah. I mean, look at their arsenal (which they have acquired through Iranian assistance) which has abled them to kick Saudi ass:

5092451_original.jpg

5100802_original.jpg

5092342_original.jpg

5105541_original.jpg

5105183_original.jpg

5094690_original.jpg

5095011_original.jpg

5092088_original.jpg

5099980_original.jpg

5100111_original.jpg

5096650_original.jpg

5096759_original.jpg

5105812_original.jpg

5095821_original.jpg

5096072_original.jpg

5098119_original.jpg

5098906_original.jpg

5101057_original.jpg
5101530_original.jpg

5101979_original.jpg

King Khalid Air Base in Khamis Mushit, indeed.

Unfortunately, I haven't a better photo.
Thanks - I wondered where it was in relation to the important building on the complex and the runways - its also odd that one of the pair of shaped buildings bottom left has gone completely and the other one looks untouched

I find this article interesting, in that it starts with "Biden's Problem". Biden doesn't even know what day it is, let alone anything about Yemen. His behind the scenes handlers couldn't care less about what happens in Yemen.

The Saudis have embroiled themselves in a war which they seem incapable of winning. Houthis are for themselves. As soon as hostilities are over, they will have no use for Iranians telling them what to do.
Good for American arms sales though :rolleyes:

It is much more likelier though, that Iran will turn the Houthi movement into another Hezbollah. I mean, look at their arsenal (which they have acquired through Iranian assistance) which has abled them to kick Saudi ass:

5092451_original.jpg

5100802_original.jpg

5092342_original.jpg

5105541_original.jpg

5105183_original.jpg

5094690_original.jpg

5095011_original.jpg

5092088_original.jpg

5099980_original.jpg

5100111_original.jpg

5096650_original.jpg

5096759_original.jpg

5105812_original.jpg

5095821_original.jpg

5096072_original.jpg

5098119_original.jpg

5098906_original.jpg

5101057_original.jpg
5101530_original.jpg

5101979_original.jpg
I like the one that says, "Yemeni Air Weapon Drone", LOL!. Come on! Are those real?

The Mullahs and IRGC would love to think that the Houthis could be another Hezbollah hired army, but I don't think the Houthis think so. They'll take Iranian weapons and money, but when this is all over, they won't be taking orders from Iran.

Thanks - I wondered where it was in relation to the important building on the complex and the runways - its also odd that one of the pair of shaped buildings bottom left has gone completely and the other one looks untouched
It is strange. Nothing is burned, adjacent buildings show no evidence of secondary or shrapnel damage.

I like the one that says, "Yemeni Air Weapon Drone", LOL!. Come on! Are those real?

The Mullahs and IRGC would love to think that the Houthis could be another Hezbollah hired army, but I don't think the Houthis think so. They'll take Iranian weapons and money, but when this is all over, they won't be taking orders from Iran.

Your naivety is staggering.

You are underestimating the religious connection between Iran and the Houthis; how financially and logistically dependent they have become on Iran and how close a bond they have forged during the civil war.

Your naivety is staggering.

You are underestimating the religious connection between Iran and the Houthis; how financially and logistically dependent they have become on Iran and how close a bond they have forged during the civil war.
You're staggered? Okay, we'll see.....

The idea that the Houthi wouldn't want be a slave army for Iran post war, seems both upsetting and surprising to you.

Last edited:

Looks like kindergarten school projects.

Iran threatens US Army base and top general​

Iran has made threats against Fort McNair, an Army base in the nation’s capital, and against the Army’s vice chief of staff, two senior U.S. intelligence officials said.

They said communications intercepted by the National Security Agency in January showed that Iran’s Revolutionary Guard discussed mounting “USS Cole-style attacks” against the base, referring to the October 2000 suicide attack in which a small boat pulled up alongside the Navy destroyer in the Yemeni port of Aden and exploded, killing 17 sailors.

The intelligence also revealed threats to kill Gen. Joseph M. Martin and plans to infiltrate and surveil the base, according to the officials, who were not authorized to publicly discuss national security matters and spoke on condition of anonymity. The base, one of the oldest in the country, is Martin’s official residence.

The threats are one reason the Army has been pushing for more security around Fort McNair, which sits alongside Washington’s bustling newly developed Waterfront District.

City leaders have been fighting the Army’s plan to add a buffer zone of about 250 feet to 500 feet (75 meters to 150 meters) from the shore of the Washington Channel, which would limit access to as much as half the width of the busy waterway running parallel to the Potomac River.

[...]

The intercepted chatter was among members of the elite Quds Force of Iran’s Revolutionary Guard and centered on potential military options to avenge the U.S. killing of the former Quds leader, Gen. Qassem Soleimani, in Baghdad in January 2020, the two intelligence officials said.

They said Tehran’s military commanders are unsatisfied with their counterattacks so far, specifically the results of the ballistic missile attackon Ain al-Asad airbase in Iraq in the days after Soleimani’s killing. No U.S. service members were killed in that strike but dozens suffered concussions.

Norton told the AP that in the two months since the January meeting, the Pentagon has not provided her any additional information that would justify the restrictions around Fort McNair.

I've always said that Iran is going to attempt to assassinate a similar ranked US officer in the near future to avenge Soleimani, but to attack a US base on American soil - whether covertly or overtly - would be unprecedented.