Mil News Current Iran/Iraq/US Tensions and Actions Unfolding

The cynical part of me wonders whether the fact that two carrier groups off the Syrian coast actually led the Russians and Syrians to step up air attacks there means they're moving it before anyone notices....

FT_5_6_2019.jpg

As of May 5th.

If they attack they shouldn't ask for help from any EU country. With all the S**t currently going on with the US and the history of their useless interventions to bring "freedom" everywhere nobody will be willing to support them anymore. At this point I even think the (NATO) alliance is at stake.

If they attack they shouldn't ask for help from any EU country. With all the S**t currently going on with the US and the history of their useless interventions to bring "freedom" everywhere nobody will be willing to support them anymore. At this point I even think the (NATO) alliance is at stake.

Or perhaps the EU should pay for it's own defense and everyone can just mind their own business.

Last edited:
The cynical part of me wonders whether the fact that two carrier groups off the Syrian coast actually led the Russians and Syrians to step up air attacks there means they're moving it before anyone notices....

Not true. the two carriers were never off the Syrian coast. the closet they came was when transiting the Suez Canal at seperate times. They were operating in the western Mediterranean. In fact recently USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) was in port in Palma de Mallorca Spain and USS John C Stennis (CVN 74) was in port in Marseilles France after their operations in the western MED.

USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) is on a regularly scheduled deployment . She left Norfolk 1 April 2019.

USS John C Stennis (CVN 74) is heading to Hampton Roads for RCOH...Refueling and Comprehensive Overhaul.

Last edited:
Not true. the two carriers were never off the Syrian coast. the closet they came was when transiting the Suez Canal at seperate times. They were operating in the western Mediterranean. In fact recently USS Abraham Lincoln (CVN 72) was in port in Palma de Mallorca Spain and USS John C Stennis (CVN 74) was in port in Marseilles France after their operations in the western MED.
True! That's why I posted that deployment map.

Or perhaps the EU should pay for it's own defense and everyone can just mind their own business.

Maybe we really should! I mean you'll still come and help for "humanitarian reasons" (actually because some people make good money with getting involved in wars) anyway. But good luck with finding something better than Ramstein with it's infrastructur (mainly paid for by German tax money).

Maybe we really should! Good luck with finding something better than Ramstein with it's infrastructur (mainly paid by German tax money).
Good luck defending Central Europe now that Germany sees no reason to spend any money on defense. There's always Poland, who would love being a host.

I've just edited my post...take a look.

But Poland presumably wouldn't pay for the infrastructur and it'll take quite some time to build and move everything over there. Besides that we're actually upgrading our military but not to the degree you'd like to see. We simply aren't that keen to fight anymore and can use the money better in other places. ;)

But a lot of wars/ conflicts on the outer regions of the EU have kind of had the US s finger prints all over them . I don't know about defence , maybe offence would be a more accurate word . And for good measure you can include the UK in the same behaviours .

@bfc1001: You could actually talk to a wall and would get more understanding. :cool:

But a lot of wars/ conflicts on the outer regions of the EU have kind of had the US s finger prints all over them . I don't know about defence , maybe offence would be a more accurate word . And for good measure you can include the UK in the same behaviours .
That is true. But the topic of the EU was also brought up. If I'm not mistaken, there have been a war or two in Europe in the last century, which had the fingerprints of Europeans on it,. Also, if I'm not mistaken, American sons died by the hundreds of thousands getting involved in "someone else's war", and have been saddled with the defense of Europe ever since.

I'm not complaining, simply stating that in general, Europeans and Americans are allies when the S**t hits the fan.

I've just edited my post...take a look.

But Poland presumably wouldn't pay for the infrastructur and it'll take quite some time to build and move everything over there. Besides that we're actually upgrading our military but not to the degree you'd like to see. We simply aren't that keen to fight anymore and can use the money better in other places. ;)

We'll see. Presently, Germany would not even be able to defend itself, let alone support other NATO partners.

That is true. But the topic of the EU was also brought up. If I'm not mistaken, there have been a war or two in Europe in the last century, which had the fingerprints of Europeans on it,. Also, if I'm not mistaken, American sons died by the hundreds of thousands getting involved in "someone else's war", and have been saddled with the defense of Europe ever since.

I'm not complaining, simply stating that in general, Europeans and Americans are allies when the S**t hits the fan.

Yep , knock it off with the wars . Your answering your own argument here to use Europeans as an example .

Yep , knock it off with the wars . Your answering your own argument here to use Europeans as an example .

Don't confuse me with anything more than a poster on a forum. I have no power to start or end wars. With that said, I have no desire to see war anywhere. I wish some things could have been done differently in the past. And with that said, I was simply responding to what I perceived to be hypocrisy by someone's post.

So Iran was planning an attack on US assets ? " Israel warned trump of "possible" Iran plot Bolton " is the headline of the link . Any info on what the " possible" is ? I know your just a poster on a forum , but your opinion on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Purely a guess on my part. But I suspect that Iran may have threatened to close the Strait of Hormuz. in response to oil sanctions.