Mil News Military Material Assistance to Ukraine

av405

Mi Corporal
MI.Net Member
If it's okay with everyone, I wanted to create a thread tracking all of the military material support that has been give to Ukraine. Most of it has come from NATO, though Australia has played its part as well. It's hard to keep track of these things on the general Ukraine-Russia war thread. I'll start off with some of the latest:

https://www.scramble.nl/military-news/slovakia-donates-helicopters-to-ukraine
On 16 June 2022, the Slovakian Minister of Defence, Jaroslav Nagy, reported that the country donated one Mil Mi-2 and four Mil Mi-17s transport helicopters to Ukraine. According to the information, these former Vzdušné sily Ozbrojených síl Slovenskej Republiky (SAF, Slovak Air Force) helicopters have already been replaced by the Sikorsky UH-60M Black hawk.

During an interview with the Greek Prime Minister Kyriakos Mitsotakis published on the Greek newspaper "Proto Thema" website, the Greek government has confirmed the delivery of 20 to 30 Soviet-made armored vehicles that will be replaced by German-made modern combat vehicles. The armored vehicles promised to Ukraine by Greece are probably Soviet-made BMP-1s in service with the Greek army.

According to a statement published by the U.S. Department of Defense on June 15, 2022, after the American HIMARS and the British M270 MLRS Multiple Launch Rockets Systems, Germany has announced the transfer to Ukraine of three M270 Mittleres Artillerie Raketen System (MARS) rocket launcher vehicles and GMLRS guided ammunition from German army stocks.

After months of dead ends on this issue, it looks like Ukraine is being set up to get MIG-29s from Slovakia:

I think it's a safer bet now than say, a few months ago given Russia's continued abysmal performance in the war and lack of armed retaliation towards previous weapons shipments from NATO.