Video Ukraine @ Strong Europe Tank Challenge 2018

Last place finish. Worse than last year.

Every modern tank can put a round at 2000m on any target. The goal of these challenges is not to win but to learn and teach our fellow what we learned as a crew, platoon team, .....

Every modern tank can put a round at 2000m on any target. The goal of these challenges is not to win but to learn and teach our fellow what we learned as a crew, platoon team, .....

Things are different in Ukraine. Can you imagine German Chancellor, French or US Presidents requiring pretty much an up to minute updates on events like these? They don't know that this type of exercise even exists. In Ukraine, well I expect a lot of reprimands at the minimum. Of course, not a fault of a platoon that took part in this competition.

Wow!! I can now understand why they finish last, to much pressure on them. That's totally ridiculous, Ukraine can't beat NATO teams that train for more than 70 years, like that, after 2 or 3 challenges. [nothing personal here]

They must learn first, adapt and adopt, progress then they will be on pare with other nation. I can't imagine how your president asking for the impossible now. One day they will be the top one but it's like everything, you must learn, train hard, then you succeed.

Wow!! I can now understand why they finish last, to much pressure on them. That's totally ridiculous, Ukraine can't beat NATO teams that train for more than 70 years, like that, after 2 or 3 challenges. [nothing personal here]

They must learn first, adapt and adopt, progress then they will be on pare with other nation. I can't imagine how your president asking for the impossible now. One day they will be the top one but it's like everything, you must learn, train hard, then you succeed.

It's not just Ukraine. It's Russia. They also pay attention to these competitions. Do you know what their reaction was? "Ukrainian crews and tanks suck will dispose them in no time". The latest Abrams model is too raw, and the crews suck. Leopards are decent, but there are too few of them in operational conditions to make a difference, and the mighty bear will crush NATO. Bad translation, but you should get an idea: https://translate.google.com/transl...6-10/100_leopards1006.html&edit-text=&act=url

A french guy who was at the challenge wrote to me that if you reverse the ranking you have the countries who have the higher tempo of operations. The first on the challenge are those who have a lot of time to drill (he didn't wrote train) so from his words he will prefer to go to war with those who have real experiences than those who stay home all the time and drill only for the challenge.

He also add that the MBT with a crew of only 3 are disadvantaged a lot on this challenge (French and Ukrainian).
He also wrote a funny stuff, each country had to bring their ammo, only two bring only HEAT round, France and Poland (this one because they can't afford to fire APFSDS). The French are using HEAT because is more challenging for fire! (even if Sabot rounds bounce on the target , they are credited with a hit and get the points).

Last edited:
A french guy who was at the challenge wrote to me that if you reverse the ranking you have the countries who have the higher tempo of operations. The first on the challenge are those who have a lot of time to drill (he didn't wrote train) so from his words he will prefer to go to war with those who have real experiences than those who stay home all the time and drill only for the challenge.

He also add that the MBT with a crew of only 3 are disadvantaged a lot on this challenge (French and Ukrainian).
He also wrote a funny stuff, each country had to bring their ammo, only two bring only HEAT round, France and Poland (this one because they can't afford to fire APFSDS). The French are using HEAT because is more challenging for fire! (even if Sabot rounds bounce on the target , they are credited with a hit and get the points).

Can I share this on Facebook? There is a s&itstorm over there. Everyone and everything is blamed.