Warfare HAMAS attack on Israel, October 2023

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Considering the amount of emotionally loaded puff pieces they have been pushing, it seems like the people at NBC have made their position clear.

I don't know much about Fallujah so this was an interesting read regards combat in a dense urban environment:

I really hope the IDF has plenty of Iraq veterans to help them out with this, it's going to be tough...
Look, I'm not into habit of inane kind of patriotic chest beating. However, it's need to be understood, that maybe apart from Americans (and Brits to a lesser extent) with their Iraq experience, I struggle to think of other Western military (I'm obviously not talking Russians and Ukrainians now) with as much experience in urban warfare and better prepared for it, than IDF.
IDF had plenty of urban fighting during the Defensive Shield in West Bank (2002), Second Lebanon War (2006), Cast Lead operation in Gaza (2008), not to mention more or less continuous anti-terror operations in the West Bank for the last 20 years. This, including the subterranean/tunnel warfare, which again, is not new to us (there are special engineering units for dealing with it, technology, tactics etc.). IDF has been preparing for this contingency at least since Hamas coming to power in 2007.
There is a reason we (in partnership with US) built a whole frigging city in Negev solely for the purpose of urban warfare training, where we are constantly hosting our Western friends:
Now, all of this is not to say that taking Gaza or part of it, is going to be "easy" by any stretch of the word. Gaza city is not Ramadi or Fallujah, it's several times both of them combined, where the enemy has been also preparing for this contingency for the last 15 years or so. It's going to be a very long, very bloody affair with most probably hundreds of killed IDF soldiers. But there simply no other military in the world right now better prepared for dealing with it, than IDF.
The only very, and I mean very, optimistic possibility that we will not have to actually conquer and clear the whole of Gaza is the Beirut 1982 scenario. That is, when as a result of partial ground invasion, and them running out of supplies and options, we reach the deal, where the remaining Hamas leadership is spared in return for hostages and expulsed to, say, Qatar. This, of course, is going to be only the end of the most active/intensive phase of the war.

imagine allowing autistic retards to lead by example

1698049046014.png

well definitley the israeli casualities will be through the roof if/when they enter gaza...... but knowing israel and the israelies...... im pretty sure they have something up their sleeve .... im 200% sure theyll surprise everyone with the gaza urban warfare tactic... we just have to wait and see

They know what to expect, to some extent.

They are familiar with Hamas, its methods, its ruthlessness, its level of motivation.
They are aware they will have to go through densely populated urban areas.
They are aware they will have to conduct clean-up operations in areas covered in piles of destroyed building.
They are aware that, though extensively mapped and documented, Gaza's actual configuration may/might/will likely differ from the one they are aware of on paper (undocumented/mapped underground structures, entrances, etc...).
They are extensively trained in urban warfare. In fact, apart from Yom Kippur and Six Days War, Israel has mostly/only conducted urban warfare. Arguably, one could posit they are the most suited Western army to conduct that kind of warfare.

They won't go in blind, but they won't go in fully aware of what things are 100%.

Even when it comes to tunnels, Hamas might have very well configured them in a much more advanced way than expected: compartmentalized, blast doors, trapped tunnels, defensive positions, etc...

Considering the amount of emotionally loaded puff pieces they have been pushing, it seems like the people at NBC have made their position clear.
I'm somewhat suspicious that hamas coach their people to play up the suffering.

BBC reported last night that they are short of water - Mrs F commented - how did they wash all those clothes that are hanging up drying?

I'm somewhat suspicious that hamas coach their people to play up the suffering.

BBC reported last night that they are short of water - Mrs F commented - how did they wash all those clothes that are hanging up drying?

Most likely short on fresh water, than water in general. Gaza is next to the sea, so they do have water. Just, probably not drinking water.

But yes, they do play up the suffering a lot.

For the sake of nuance I follow more pro-Palestinian groups, channels and individuals than Israeli ones. Though I support Israel, it is important to be aware of what the other side says and how. And yes, they do seem to play up a hell of a lot.

For a long time we have been discussing the term "Palywood" and how it evolved in other countries (Syria, Egypt, etc...) and got used by groups of low reputations (ISIS) through "crisis actors". Here it is the same.
It feels extremely fake as some kind of improvised theatrical skit.

"Because of the scale and intensity of this attack on October 7, international law would consider that we are dealing with an armed conflict here."

Most likely short on fresh water, than water in general. Gaza is next to the sea, so they do have water. Just, probably not drinking water.

But yes, they do play up the suffering a lot.

For the sake of nuance I follow more pro-Palestinian groups, channels and individuals than Israeli ones. Though I support Israel, it is important to be aware of what the other side says and how. And yes, they do seem to play up a hell of a lot.

For a long time we have been discussing the term "Palywood" and how it evolved in other countries (Syria, Egypt, etc...) and got used by groups of low reputations (ISIS) through "crisis actors". Here it is the same.
It feels extremely fake as some kind of improvised theatrical skit.

100% true.... been on alarabiya since day one.... all the hospitals been saying that they have 24 hours left for electricty and medication.... that was 3 weeks ago .

and watching alarabiya tv ... you can clearly see all the buildings have those huge solar panels ... so clearly no shortage of electrcity .

havent seen a single palistenian person on live tv who isnt eating ,holding a phone ,drinking coffee....that ballshit talk about palestinians dont have the basics of living is pure lies.

and to this minute... you see these palestinians and arabs still supporting hamas regardless of the horrific genocide they commited .

tbh.. i dont think israel is doing enough ...... i still believe the arab and particulary palestinian will is still there... israel needs to crush their will asap and fast

they actually have a military base in Djibouti, their only military base abroad, so not unusual for a vessel to head there

but they said theyre making their way towards the middle eastern region... djibouti is africa

Elon Musk removes the blue tick from Avichay Adraee's Twitter/X account

I tend to stay out of the European internal arguments, but... I have to say, I find this intensely ironic, that the only thing, which apparently keeps the German people from committing collective suicide is the fear of growing Anti-Semitism. Truly bizarre times we live in...

Because there are pressure groups preventing them to.

Because the UNHCR and other institutions wouldn't allow it.

Because politicians think about their own career and not really about the people under them.

These are nothing but easy populism and electoral talking points. And it is not limited to Germany, most of Europe is subject to these issues.