Mil News Current Iran/Iraq/US Tensions and Actions Unfolding

That IRINS Makran doesn't appear to have any lifts from the flight deck to a hanger deck? Makes it rough for maintenance if so, plus rough on the helos if you leave them out in the elements for a trans-Atlantic crossing.

1622643265085.webp

That IRINS Makran doesn't appear to have any lifts from the flight deck to a hanger deck? Makes it rough for maintenance if so, plus rough on the helos if you leave them out in the elements for a trans-Atlantic crossing.
No hangar or maintenance capability apparent. I'm not even sure how they would lash aircraft to the flight deck to secure for heavy weather. No way could it cross the Atlantic equipped with helicopters. They'd most likely be blown overboard.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Didn't affect petrol price in Australia this far. What about other countries?

Especially when you consider that Iran suffers a great deal of sabotage due to the incompetence of its so-called elites.

You're a monarchist guy. These incidents often happen with the regular navy. The IRGC-Navy on the other hand doesn't suffer from the same incompetence.

Anyway, the ship was old. No big deal overall.

Last edited:
You're a monarchist guy. These incidents often happen with the regular navy. The IRGC-Navy on the other hand doesn't suffer from the same incompetence.

Oh, it's kind of a big deal. The ship itself, obviously, which won't be easily replaced, plus who knows what was on board. I'm glad the crew survived though. They are just conscripts forced to serve a corrupt regime.

Oh, it's kind of a big deal. The ship itself, obviously, which won't be easily replaced, plus who knows what was on board. I'm glad the crew survived though. They are just conscripts forced to serve a corrupt regime.

The ship was 50 years old, and Iran recently overhauled it with its own spare parts. The vessel has faced all kinds of problems on its last missions.

Iran has the industrial capacity to replace it.

The ship was 50 years old, and Iran recently overhauled it with its own spare parts. The vessel has recently faced all kinds of problems on its missions.

Iran has the industrial capability to replace it.
Built in 1977, delivered in 1984. It had some unique capabilities, beyond just being a replenishment ship, as designed by the UK. It was modified to carry more ammunition, (missile resupply), intelligence gathering, even mine counter measures and ASW. More of a command ship than resupply. It had two large hangars and could carry 3 helicopters. I don't know if any birds went down with it. And as you said, was recently overhauled to stay in service for years to come.

This is a huge loss to the Iranian Navy.

Last edited:
Built in 1977, delivered in 1984. It had some unique capabilities, beyond just being a replenishment ship, as designed by the UK. It was modified to carry more ammunition, (missile resupply), intelligence gathering, even mine counter measures and ASW. More of a command ship than resupply. It had two large hangars and could carry 3 helicopters. I don't know if any birds went down with it.

This is a huge loss to the Iranian Navy.

You have to understand, Iran has basically two navies. The regular navy and the IRGC-Navy. The regular navy doesn't control Iran's missile force; the IRGC does.

This accident happened with Iran's regular navy.

Iran's expeditionary forces and overseas operations are conducted by the IRGC. The effect is minimal on Iran's overall strategic situation.

You have to understand, Iran has basically two navies. The regular navy and the IRGC-Navy. The regular navy doesn't control Iran's missile force; the IRGC does.

This accident happened with Iran's regular navy.

Iran's expeditionary forces and overseas operations are conducted by the IRGC. The effect is minimal on Iran's overall strategic situation.
I understand.

The IRGC Navy is made up of smaller vessels. Nothing with the size, capabilities or sea going ability of the Kharg.

I've gotta give it to you, Martikeh.. I mean Mardonius. Your powers of deflection are over 9000. Nice attempt at implying that Iran's conventional forces were always incompetent. Strangely I don't remember seeing mishaps, sabotage and friendly fire incidents like these being the monthly norm prior to the takeover of your favourite criminals.

Face it, the Mullahs have deliberately crippled Iran's military to prevent being ousted by some charismatic competent military leader. Which is another reason why Iran won't stand a chance in any conventional confrontation with a major military power and you know it. Let us simply wait and see whether a loose conglomerate of Arab insurgents and islamist terrorist groups manage to save the IRGC-regime in perpetuity.

I've gotta give it to you, Martikeh.. I mean Mardonius. Your powers of deflection are over 9000. Nice attempt at implying that Iran's conventional forces were always incompetent. Strangely I don't remember seeing mishaps, sabotage and friendly fire incidents like these being the monthly norm prior to the takeover of your favourite criminals.

Face it, the Mullahs have deliberately crippled Iran's military to prevent being ousted by some charismatic competent military leader. Which is another reason why Iran won't stand a chance in any conventional confrontation with a major military power and you know it. Let us simply wait and see whether a loose conglomerate of Arab insurgents and islamist terrorist groups manage to save the IRGC-regime in perpetuity.
If you are the Mullahs, (who have stolen an estimated 1 TRILLION dollars from the Iranian people) and the IRGC, you have to be concerned that the regular military will join the people and overthrow the regime.

I disagree. The IRGC is perfectly able to handle any major military power.