Mil News Current Iran/Iraq/US Tensions and Actions Unfolding

Best of luck, hopefully you will come back and let us know about your great victory.

The thing is, it won't be a victory for any of the parties. No side will come out unscathed in case of a conflict.

My point is that Iran's ballistic missile force has become so potent, that it has effectively established a state of deterrence with the US.

That is why everyone is screaming murder at the moment to include Iranian missiles in any future nuclear agreement.

We are talking about highly-mobile, often underground launching facilities that are way too scattered to be nullified in any first strike. It wouldn't take long for Iran to be able to launch many of its BMs in case of war, or whenever it detects suspicious movements.

The discrepancy between Iran's mobile launching facilities and US' static land bases makes the latter much more vulnerable than the former. A reality which the Pentagon has painfully become aware of. If my memory serves me well, the US has even tested switching its AF headquarters from the Gulf to US mainland.
Well that would be pretty foolish, don't you think? What you are saying is, watch out for Iran's first (and most assuredly only) strike. Because if you are touting a strike which would trigger a full response from the United States, it would be lights out for Iran - literally. All air defenses - fixed, mobile, hidden, underground, whatever - would be either destroyed or turned off on the first night. At that point all other targets would be systematically destroyed. Night after night after night after night.

Perhaps once all the threats are out of the way, only IRGC targets would be marked for destruction. I'd imagine that might cause some internal instability. The mullahs have too good of a thing going, stealing billions of dollars from the Iranian people and economy for their own personal profit to risk something like that with the US.

Stop being ridiculous.

Quote Reply

The thing is, it won't be a victory for any of the parties. No side will come out unscathed in case of a conflict.

My point is that Iran's ballistic missile force has become so potent, that it has effectively established a state of deterrence with the US.

That is why everyone is screaming murder at the moment to include Iranian missiles in any future nuclear agreement.
You really need to lay of the drugs, late at night.

Iran effectively has built a large single shot, shotgun. Most of the hits will be on other neighbouring countries, some will be on USA assets.

USA will get very mad, and so will your neighbours. It will be like the 6 day war, but with Iran losing big time. all your power stations will go, your missile bases will be hit every 3 minutes, until they are a smoking hole.

Well that would be pretty foolish, don't you think? What you are saying is, watch out for Iran's first (and most assuredly only) strike. Because if you are touting a strike which would trigger a full response from the United States, it would be lights out for Iran - literally. All air defenses - fixed, mobile, hidden, underground, whatever - would be either destroyed or turned off on the first night. At that point all other targets would be systematically destroyed. Night after night after night after night.

Perhaps once all the threats are out of the way, only IRGC targets would be marked for destruction. I'd imagine that might cause some internal instability. The mullahs have too good of a thing going, stealing billions of dollars from the Iranian people and economy for their own personal profit to risk something like that with the US.

Stop being ridiculous.

Quote Reply

Which air bases is the US going to utilize when every one of them would be pummelled by a combination of ballistic- and cruise missiles on the onset of a conflict?

How is the US going to penetrate nuclear- and missile facilities that lie hundreds of meter under 30.000psi granite rock, which makes them even resistant against nuclear blasts?

I don't think you truly realize the survivability of many of Iran's critical military infrastructure. Iran has been preparing for a conflict with the US for decades, exactly against the kind of potential capability you describe.

What?
A base is a base. The forces spotting your trucks is in orbit, and in drones. Your getting confused, with Iran building fortifications, everyone else is into mobile warfare.

I’ll repeat, you are not pushing the USA out of range. You are causing the USA to move its forces further away, to avoid casualties. The USA can still hit you, it’s not good, it means USA expects war.

I think it’s better if you experience this, as your clearly not going to accept anything less.
The yanks can hit you with impunity flying or firing from the USA - oh and from subs - lots of subs with cruise missiles

Wouldn't want to be in an Iranian sub or surface vessel

"Mother of all battles"

Looked like mother of all routs

They will have a target list and just work down it day after day after day till you cry for 'peace' - and everyone will then say told you so

It's like David and Goliath - but Goliath has bought himself some sun shades to protect him from the flash and glow (shock and awe)

Which air bases is the US going to utilize when every one of them would be pummelled by a combination of ballistic- and cruise missiles on the onset of a conflict?

How is the US going to penetrate nuclear- and missile facilities that lie hundreds of meter under 30.000psi granite rock, which makes them even resistant against nuclear blasts?

I don't think you truly realize the survivability of many of Iran's critical military infrastructure. Iran has been preparing for a conflict with the US for decades, exactly against the kind of potential capability you describe.
You bomb every entrance and exit - anyone in there is then entombed - its not like anyone is going to come and rescue you anytime soon

I think you also might have missed the B2 bomb racks being updated to take a very nice bunker buster so the first 120m of tunnels down will be caved in - anyone or anything down there is gone for good
https://www.militaryaerospace.com/h...e-ordnance-penetrator-mop-bunkerbusting-bombs

so you build a nice fixed target - yanks build something to make a real mess of it - the first thing you will know about it is when it blows up one moonless night

just check out what happened to the Jerry's in WW2 - they built a V2 factory under a big dome - bombproof - not

Bombing may also trigger a lot of earthquakes ;)

Which bases? Dear Lord, so many! Let's start with Whiteman Airforce Base in Missouri. They'd probably divert to Diego Garcia after the first evening of festivities, just to shorten their daily commute.

As you may be aware, it takes persistence to close down ONE air base. It takes MUCH MORE to close down many. On day 2, runways would be repaired, casualties evacuated, aircraft replaced. On that same day 2 for Iran, there would be no air defences , no power grid, no communications, no transportation, no anything. By day 3, the Mullahs would be wondering where they can escape to, to spend their stolen billions. Oh too late, those assets have been frozen/seized.

And once the IRGC is destroyed, what will the Iranian people and Iranian military do? Lots of unanswered questions when you open Pandora's Box.

Also, what will Israel and SA do after the first few days when they see Iran has been rendered defenseless? Lots to think about.

Last edited:
Yeah, I was about to say ole Mard has forgotten our sub force. Very lethal unseen presence.

Correct me if I am wrong but Israel (at any time) keeps two Dolphin boats in range with nukes (Popeye) if things get hairy.

Israel has a real nice fleet of stealthy F35i's that can be outfitted with all sorts of bombs capable of drilling in pretty deep & with their intelligence I would bet they already know the coordinates of every offensive launch site capable of hitting them or their allies. & if by chance they miss a few missile sites then Iron Dome would hopefully stop them at the border. It's only a matter of time before Iran goads them into getting into the game if it looks like the US is too afraid to engage Iran after upteen missiles into Iraqi/Coalition bases killing soldiers. Once Israel takes her gloves off she has to fight until they win. Their very existence depends on not loosing even one battle.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Israel has a real nice fleet of stealthy F35i's that can be outfitted with all sorts of bombs capable of drilling in pretty deep & with their intelligence I would bet they already know the coordinates of every offensive launch site capable of hitting them or their allies. & if by chance they miss a few missile sites then Iron Dome would hopefully stop them at the border. It's only a matter of time before Iran goads them into getting into the game if it looks like the US is too afraid to engage Iran after upteen missiles into Iraqi/Coalition bases killing soldiers. Once Israel takes her gloves off she has to fight until they win. Their very existence depends on not loosing even one battle.
Iran will be hit by F35's, they wont even know who's.

I'm a firm believer of the historical "hand of God" to strike Israel's enemies but it never hurts to have a plan B with F35i's included just to be safe & an allied Country that has F35's in their quiver.

2 hours ago - a pair of B-52 bombers flew over the Mideast on Sunday, the latest such mission in the region aimed at warning Iran amid tensions between Washington and Tehran.
The U.S. military’s Central Command said the two B-52s flew over the region accompanied by military aircraft from nations including Israel, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. It marked the fourth-such bomber deployment into the Mideast this year.
Flight-tracking data showed the two B-52s flew out of Minot Air Base in North Dakota.

2 hours ago - a pair of B-52 bombers flew over the Mideast on Sunday, the latest such mission in the region aimed at warning Iran amid tensions between Washington and Tehran.
The U.S. military’s Central Command said the two B-52s flew over the region accompanied by military aircraft from nations including Israel, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. It marked the fourth-such bomber deployment into the Mideast this year.
Flight-tracking data showed the two B-52s flew out of Minot Air Base in North Dakota.
Iran going to struggle knocking out that airbase :rolleyes:

20 Cruise missiles each - all day every day

58 B52's to play with

FT_3_8_2021.jpg

Iran going to struggle knocking out that airbase :rolleyes:

20 Cruise missiles each - all day every day

58 B52's to play with

Nah, they will gather the 7 crystal balls and summon their magical overlord.

That may be the current 08Mar USNI map but they're always a few days/weeks behind.......or the Ike musta hit water skiing speed for a few days. Guess the Ranians should go down to the beach & look at all the pretty boats tooling around. Who knew the Italians & the Brits had carriers F35's could land on, reload & take off.
Is the Ruski carrier still in Murmansk?
The Admiral Kuznetson is still docked @ the Zvezdochka ship repair yard in Murmansk having her heads unclogged. Launched in 85 & still has a few issues.

Nah, they will gather the 7 crystal balls and summon their magical overlord.

The One Ring was destroyed in the fires of Mount Doom and Lord Sauron with it.

At most what they will manage to summon ring-wise by poking Uncle Joe is the ayatollahs getting acquainted with a certain Prince Albert.