Crime Russian opposition figure hospitalized

Jake84

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
TheMess.Net
Ukraine

Russian opposition figure Alexei Navalny is unconscious in hospital with suspected poisoning, his spokeswoman has said.

The anti-corruption campaigner fell ill during a flight and the plane made an emergency landing in Omsk, Kira Yarmysh said, adding that they suspected something had been mixed into his tea.

A hospital source confirmed treatment for poisoning to the Tass news agency.

Mr Navalny, 44, is a staunch critic of President Vladimir Putin.

In June he described a vote on constitutional reforms as a "coup" and a "violation of the constitution". The reforms allow Mr Putin to serve another two terms in office.

An unfortunate accident, I'm sure of it.

Pff.

Weird how that goes, isn't it? In other countries "opposition figures" get to have seats in parliament and challenge the policies of the government from a position of power. In Russia, their offices and homes always seem to be located right next to an open container of weapons-grade chemical compounds.

Never mix moonshine with these siberian hallucinogenic mooshrooms.

On a serious note - obviously false flag operation.
Also, Navalny always was claimed Putin's puppet by hardcore anti-Putin opposition.

Video from Tomsk airport, that confirms Navalny get suspicious cup of tea from the hand of his assistant.

So many food poisonings in Russia.

Never mix moonshine with these siberian hallucinogenic mooshrooms.

On a serious note - obviously false flag operation.
Also, Navalny always was claimed Putin's puppet by hardcore anti-Putin opposition.
Was it the Juice? They pretend to be anti Putin, just to get pastries from Sarah Palin, shes going to win!!

From the Washington Post Editorial Board: "Another Putin foe is felled. The West must respond."

This from the same people that have been screeching about never-proven Russian interference in US elections. But interfering in Russian politics is a-ok! ?

From the Washington Post Editorial Board: "Another Putin foe is felled. The West must respond."

This from the same people that have been screeching about never-proven Russian interference in US elections. But interfering in Russian politics is a-ok! ?

we are not physically whacking political opponents. well, not there yet. At least one high moral ground that could be claimed.

Personally, I'm convinced that Navlany is connected to the highest echelons of the Russian power structure, most likely FSB. His corruption investigations have incredible detail, something that is impossible in Russia without not just the blessing but direct assistance from FSB. My bet is that he fell victim to a power struggle between various Russian "pillars".

That's a bit of a stretch, don't you think? No offence, but I think the centrifugal force of this pro-Trump meme-circle you're part of along with @riderboy, @Ivan le Fou and others catapults you guys too far out of the orbit every now and again.

No one called for interfering with Russian matters. They called for a "response". Which could consist of totally blanking Russia on the international stage or cutting mutual trade, for example. As would be the prerogative of a sovereign nation, by the way; they don't have to interact with us if they don't want to and neither do we.

Besides, please don't tell me you truly believe that assassinating regime critics or oppressing political dissidence is a country's sovereign right no outsider should find fault with.

The one aspect of that headline I find disagreeable is they didn't wait for corroboration. If I fᴜck around in here it's one thing, if a journalist claiming to be beholden to truthful reporting demands political action based on suspicion (however credible) it's entirely another.

Last edited:
That's a bit of a stretch, don't you think? No offence, but I think the centrifugal force of this pro-Trump meme-circle you're part of along with @riderboy, @Ivan le Fou and others catapults you guys too far out of the orbit every now and again.

No one called for interfering with Russian matters. They called for a "response". Which could consist of totally blanking Russia on the international stage or cutting mutual trade, for example. As would be the prerogative of a sovereign nation, by the way; they don't have to interact with us if they don't want to and neither do we.

Besides, please don't tell me you truly believe that assassinating regime critics or oppressing political dissidence is a country's sovereign right no outsider should find fault with.

The one aspect of that headline I find disagreeable is they didn't wait for corroboration. If I fᴜck around in here it's one thing, if a journalist claiming to be beholden to truthful reporting demands political action based on suspicion (however credible) it's entirely another.
So....what did I do? Call out the absolute insanity of “Trump is a Russian Spy!! “. “Putin stole the 2016 election!!” 3 1/2 years of Democrat lies, $25 million dollars (my tax dollars) wasted and thanks to the recent release of closed door testimony, knowledge that Brennan, Comey, Biden, Obama et.al. knew it was lie from the get-go. Yes, I’ll ‘catapult’ over that bullsh*t any day. We need to stay the hell out of Russia’s problems, it’s their business if they want to kill one another let them do so. Maybe Germany could step up to the plate.....but then Putin would cut off all the natural gas
you guys need to stay warm this winter. Talk tough all you want, Germany is absolutely toothless..

"Obviously". Because the Kremlin's treatment of its critics has always been impeccable.

testify
1.gif

Video from Tomsk airport, that confirms Navalny get suspicious cup of tea from the hand of his assistant.

So his his comrades decided to make a sacrificial victim out of him or is it just a power struggle or struggle for dwindling foreign grunts?

Just to be clear, AGAIN, me defending Trump when warranted does not mean I am pro-Trump.

And, AGAIN, that article from the Washington Post is, like so many other occurrences, a rush to conclusion.
Yes, it is possible, likely and even reasonable to think, considering the past and the numerous more or less similar cases, that the Kremlin may be involved in this. Do we know for sure though? No. Do we have any ind of credible and material proof as of now? No.
Therefore it is a rush to conclusion.

Yelling "The West Must Respond" is nothing but an emotional response. And no, the West does not have to respond if it does not want to (just like HK).

Reminder: the Washington Post has been, the past few years, at the forefront of anything related to Trump, since you decided to bring him up. In term of spreading false information, rumors, unproven accusations, etc... the Washington Post has very very prolific.

Though, despite having no certainty regarding what happened, or at least how it happened and for what reason, and though there are official sources claiming there is no traces of poison whatsoever, some media, including the WP and the NYT (as well as many others) have already jumped to the conclusion that:
-yes it was poison.
-yes it is an attempt to murder Alexei Navalny.
-yes it was Putin.
Therefore something MUST be done.

Nevermind the facts that:
-no, we don't know if it was poison.
-no, we don't know if it was an attempt to murder Alexei Navalny.
-no, we don't know if Putin has anything to do with it.

Last edited:
OMSK, August 21. / TASS /. Studies have not revealed traces of poisons in the body of Alexei Navalny, who is in intensive care in the Omsk hospital. Doctors do not believe that he was poisoned, Anatoly Kalinichenko, deputy chief physician of the emergency hospital (BSMP-1), told reporters on Friday.

Doctors say he is suffered hypoglycemia (low blood sugar). Most common reason is overdose of insulin. Alcohol intoxication also can cause hypoglycemia in some cases.

Who would benefit most from narrative that it's poison?

I would say Navalny and his party are much better position today than yesterday. And for the other side the best option would be that it' "low blood sugar".

Personally I don't trust either at face value. In best case he is flown to neutral ground and we get to know if it was poisoning or not. But even if it was poisoning, we still wouldn't know who did it (I'm sure he has many enemies). So I think west shouldn't respond, with anything else than "let's have a thorough investigation etc.".

Who would benefit most from narrative that it's poison?

I would say Navalny and his party are much better position today than yesterday. And for the other side the best option would be that it' "low blood sugar".

Personally I don't trust either at face value. In best case he is flown to neutral ground and we get to know if it was poisoning or not. But even if it was poisoning, we still wouldn't know who did it (I'm sure he has many enemies). So I think west shouldn't respond, with anything else than "let's have a thorough investigation etc.".

I had a questionable fasting routine during which I would not eat for more than 19h straight. When I kept that routine up for more than say 5 days I would suffer bouts of hypoglycemia.

I can say this with certainty; when you get hypoglycemia you don't bend over crying in pain! You begin sweating, your heart starts to race and your legs start to shake, you become anxious and develop a craving for sugar, depending on the severity it can be life threatening. But a generous spoon of honey will be an appropriate remedy.

Not saying his doctors are lying, just saying that what I've personally experienced from my idiotic behaviour doesn't match with what we've seen and heard.