Question? Does anyone have any color pics of Russian or Soviet tracer rounds being fired?

KVLG

Mi Private
MI.Net Member
I've seen pics of western type tracers in use and I was wondering if anyone had any similar pics of Soviet, Russian or other FSU tracers. PS, what color(s) were Russian/Soviet rounds? I've heard green, any other colors?

It is a Russian page and there are some pictures there.

AK-47 Tracer Rounds at night but it doesn't say where ammo made.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

how tracer bullets of different cartridges burn, including Russian/Soviet

It is a Russian page and there are some pictures there.

AK-47 Tracer Rounds at night but it doesn't say where ammo made.

how tracer bullets of different cartridges burn, including Russian/Soviet

Thanks. Just out of curiosity, do you know where I could find some good pics?

Here is some historic footage, showing the Soviet SOF using tracer ammo (against the civilians):

Here is some historic footage, showing the Soviet SOF using tracer ammo against the civilians:

Actually it says: "Soviet OMON (police specnaz) attacks Latvian Ministry of Interior Affairs,". So it was soviet police attack soviet police like in civil war.

I've seen pics of western type tracers in use and I was wondering if anyone had any similar pics of Soviet, Russian or other FSU tracers. PS, what color(s) were Russian/Soviet rounds? I've heard green, any other colors?

In the ammo chapter of "Ak-47: the Grim Reaper" there are only green 7,62 and 5,45 tracers.
https://www.abebooks.de/9780982391853/Ak-47-Grim-Reaper-2nd-Edition-0982391854/plp

In other books like (the english version of the) AK-47 manual or in "Kennblätter fremdes Gerät" (Wehrmacht Army Weapons Office - booty weapons register) there is no information about the ammo at all.

Tracer bullets are found in the Soviet film by Elem Klimov "Come and See", 1985. According to the script, the Germans shoot there, but there could not have been German tracer bullets in 1985.

At 1:19:20