Warfare HAMAS attack on Israel, Oct 2023 & Iran’s Proxies.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

May they Rest In Peace

With the intensity of the fighting there, I wondered when the first reports would come that the Israelis had killed hostages... It took longer than expected, but now they are there... Sad as it is, it was only a question of time.

May they Rest In Peace

Ever since the ground war started I've been expecting to hear the IDF had freed a few hostages...or even a huge batch of hostages. Will be happy news when it happens, a real win to see them thru the whole process of finding, transporting back into Israel, the check out in the hospital, reuniting with their family & the dancing in the streets of happy Israelites.....:& I"m praying that day will come but this news is sad. I know the whole fog of war & close combat, still makes one sad. May their memory be a blessing.

Ever since the ground war started I've been expecting to hear the IDF had freed a few hostages...or even a huge batch of hostages. Will be happy news when it happens, a real win to see them thru the whole process of finding, transporting back into Israel, the check out in the hospital, reuniting with their family & the dancing in the streets of happy Israelites.....:& I"m praying that day will come but this news is sad. I know the whole fog of war & close combat, still makes one sad. May their memory be a blessing.
That’s a nice thought, but not very likely unfortunately. IIRC, up until now 8 hostages were murdered in captivity's by Hamas. My understanding, that when Hamas cannot keep them any more for the final deal for whatever reason (running out of food, encirclement etc), they simply kill them. Those three got “lucky” by getting freed somehow…

Just sums it all up…
Far to simple analogy in particular with regards Ireland, the "Irish" never had it all period, the Gaels, barely inhabited the Northern Provinces, the Ireland was conquered by Vikings, Norsemen etc..etc.. before any "English" were there.

So how exactly do you misidentify and kill 3 unarmed hostages?

Very simply:

In Shejaiya, the senior officer says the IDF has not identified any Palestinian civilians in recent days.

The officer says troops have killed at least 38 Palestinian terror operatives in Shejaiya in recent days.

The only people seen wearing civilian clothing have been Hamas operatives, often unarmed. The operatives collect weapons left behind in various buildings, open fire at troops, and then flee again unarmed to another building.

The IDF has also encountered several seemingly unarmed civilians in Shejaiya, who later turned out to be Hamas suicide bombers.

There have also been several attempts by Hamas in the area to lure soldiers into an ambush.

So how exactly do you misidentify and kill 3 unarmed hostages?

It's a war zone, it's kinetic combat, there are myriad of scenarios where I could see them being killed, human shields, mixed into a group of combatants. I would suggest that in the mind of those actually doing the fighting that their own safety and life comes first and the hostages unfortunately second

It's a war zone, it's kinetic combat, there are myriad of scenarios where I could see them being killed, human shields, mixed into a group of combatants. I would suggest that in the mind of those actually doing the fighting that their own safety and life comes first and the hostages unfortunately second
That's too. But it comes down to a very simple and very tragic combination of basically two factors: a) all the "civilians" they observed during the battle in Shejaiya were Hamas terrorists using all kind of ruses to attack IDF soldiers, b) there simply was no even a theoretical possibility in the soldiers minds, that hostages would just walk freely in the war zone. You combine these two and you get a tragic freak accident like that...

Crickets

That's too. But it comes down to a very simple and very tragic combination of basically two factors: a) all the "civilians" they observed during the battle in Shejaiya were Hamas terrorists using all kind of ruses to attack IDF soldiers, b) there simply was no even a theoretical possibility in the soldiers minds, that hostages would just walk freely in the war zone. You combine these two and you get a tragic freak accident like that...

Your points are valid and makes obviously sense, thing is they were indeed shirtless (hence no suicide vest or any visible weapons) and showing white clothes up a stick.

I realize the Hamas is used to ruse to fool the IDF, but as you guys aptly said: a tragic events on a war zone and it’s hard to have a 100% free of incidents operation on a terrain like that.

UNHCR cares about human rights for brothers and sisters, not für Untermenschen :rolleyes:

Your points are valid and makes obviously sense, thing is they were indeed shirtless (hence no suicide vest or any visible weapons) and showing white clothes up a stick.

I realize the Hamas is used to ruse to fool the IDF, but as you guys aptly said: a tragic events on a war zone and it’s hard to have a 100% free of incidents operation on a terrain like that.
Oh, make no mistake, this was by all accounts a fuckup of epic proportions. My “human factor” explanation by no means was a justification of what they did. The soldier (there was one initially, from what I read, then others joined) acted blatantly against the ROE, even if he had all the reasons to suspect they were Hamas.