Politics British Politics

"Boris Johnson will send a letter to the EU by 00:00 BST to request a Brexit delay - but he will not sign it, according to a Downing Street source.

The request will be accompanied by a second letter, signed by Mr Johnson, which will say he believes that a delay would be a mistake, the source said."
Royal Mail doesn’t deliver on sundays......

Just seen jezza saying boris must obey the law, were the Palestinian terrorists obeying the law Jeremy? T**t.

"Boris Johnson will send a letter to the EU by 00:00 BST to request a Brexit delay - but he will not sign it, according to a Downing Street source.

The request will be accompanied by a second letter, signed by Mr Johnson, which will say he believes that a delay would be a mistake, the source said."

What the…

Be he the Joker, in disguise?

Royal Mail doesn’t deliver on sundays......

Just seen jezza saying boris must obey the law, were the Palestinian terrorists obeying the law Jeremy? T**t.
Jezza has got selective memory - his mate Diane went to sleep during the debate earlier

I would like to see the second letter (Y)

What the…

I would not have signed it either - they cannot say later he asked for an extension (Y)

He is looking further than Brexit - he has eyes on the next election which is coming soon

What the…

okay

they sent a letter unsigned
they sent a second letter with a copy of the Benn Act
Boris then sent a note he signed saying please dump us out...........

Apparently they have not sent the originals they have just e-mailed it - hope Tusks spam filter is not that aggressivenotworthy;

you could not make *hit this up

There'll be a Netflix drama series about this S**t-show soon, just you wait.

On a second thought, there won't be such show. Both the villain and the hero are white heterosexual males, think of the inclusivity!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Boris Johnson's three letters to the EU - what they say, and what they mean

Sent via @updayUK

Why the hate over Germany by the Brits? I mean seriously the Brexiteers here in this forum are salivating over watching Germany go into recession

You ve just about nailed it , that behaviour I I have always struggled with . The militancy has always come across as a tiresome emotion .

When Boris took over He should have all the Pro EU MP's all arrested for Treason .

And if I was an MP I would have no qualms of calling those PRO EU MP'S traitors to there face .. If they expect me to Apologise I would never

17.4 Million people voted to leave and all we have seen is the Traitors constantly doing everything they can to change the outcome to suit there own political agenda ...

There actions is UNFORGIVABLE ..... One par with Kim Philby ...and all those Sold out the Country .

When Boris took over He should have all the Pro EU MP's all arrested for Treason .

And if I was an MP I would have no qualms of calling those PRO EU MP'S traitors to there face .. If they expect me to Apologise I would never

17.4 Million people voted to leave and all we have seen is the Traitors constantly doing everything they can to change the outcome to suit there own political agenda ...

There actions is UNFORGIVABLE ..... One par with Kim Philby ...and all those Sold out the Country .
Not MPs, but BStters:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd put it to you what we observe here is a generation conflict in terms of politcal style – a conflict far too complex to be encompassed by Timetraveller's simple logic of "round 'em up".

This phenomenon first caught my eye after the murder of Jo Cox.

Conservative politicians and members of the media all reacted the common way, somewhat among the following lines: 'Even though I didn't always agree with her, I mourn Cox's death' and so forth. However, there was a difference between what turned out to be two types of opinion makers.

The older semesters meant the political phrase as an amplifier to console Cox's family and colleagues, so as to show them the extent to which shock and grief transcended party lines. Look, I'm standing here in shock and grief although I didn't agree with her policies – that's how badly I'm shook, how deeply I'm griefed.

And that's how the old guard on the other side of the aisle seemed to understand it.

But newer generations seemingly used the same words to express something entirely different. In their case, the political qualifier didn't address Cox's family and colleagues, but their own side as a disclaimer of sorts: These people felt they had to avoid the impression they could be exonerating Cox's policies.

And to add insult to injury, their counterparts on the recipient side were most eager to interpret the qualifier as an attempt to somehow accuse Cox of having brought about her own demise.

This is but one example, and both sides give each other a run for their money.

What modern politics lack is a presumption of innocence. We shouldn't enter the debate suspecting our counterparts of seeking the absolute worst. Unfortunately, that's quickly becoming the default state of mind. Is it mostly the fault of the left? I think it is; it's a scientific fact emotions play a bigger part in progressivism than in conservatism. However, the right is every bit as responsible if it stoops to the same low.

I think you should also shoot almost half of the UK that does´nt agree with you so they don´t vote for those MP´s. Then shoot the pro EU MP´s, then shoot those who did´nt want to shoot the MP´s, then shoot those who did´nt cheer enough when those MP´s were executed, and finally shoot those who did´nt provide at least a bullet to shoot those MP´s...

democracy and freedom at last.

I think you should also shoot almost half of the UK that does´nt agree with you so they don´t vote for those MP´s. Then shoot the pro EU MP´s, then shoot those who did´nt want to shoot the MP´s, then shoot those who did´nt cheer enough when those MP´s were executed, and finally shoot those who did´nt provide at least a bullet to shoot those MP´s...

democracy and freedom at last.
when do we start? (Y)

I'd put it to you what we observe here is a generation conflict in terms of politcal style – a conflict far too complex to be encompassed by Timetraveller's simple logic of "round 'em up".

This phenomenon first caught my eye after the murder of Jo Cox.

Conservative politicians and members of the media all reacted the common way, somewhat among the following lines: 'Even though I didn't always agree with her, I mourn Cox's death' and so forth. However, there was a difference between what turned out to be two types of opinion makers.

The older semesters meant the political phrase as an amplifier to console Cox's family and colleagues, so as to show them the extent to which shock and grief transcended party lines. Look, I'm standing here in shock and grief although I didn't agree with her policies – that's how badly I'm shook, how deeply I'm griefed.

And that's how the old guard on the other side of the aisle seemed to understand it.

But newer generations seemingly used the same words to express something entirely different. In their case, the political qualifier didn't address Cox's family and colleagues, but their own side as a disclaimer of sorts: These people felt they had to avoid the impression they could be exonerating Cox's policies.

And to add insult to injury, their counterparts on the recipient side were most eager to interpret the qualifier as an attempt to somehow accuse Cox of having brought about her own demise.

This is but one example, and both sides give each other a run for their money.

What modern politics lack is a presumption of innocence. We shouldn't enter the debate suspecting our counterparts of seeking the absolute worst. Unfortunately, that's quickly becoming the default state of mind. Is it mostly the fault of the left? I think it is; it's a scientific fact emotions play a bigger part in progressivism than in conservatism. However, the right is every bit as responsible if it stoops to the same low.
the guy was far right and fed up with Liebour and his MP cosying up to the "relegion of peace" for votes

unfortunately for her he was a nutter and she paid the price

If you want to be disadvantaged in the UK just try being white, British, male and heterosexual

Same as the rise of the right in most other countries - like Germany and Poland etc. - some people are not happy