Politics British Politics

Big eco diesel tractor with that latest combined power harrow fertilizer spreader seeder rules the land.

Regulations and the plan to farm for ecology. Its does sound wonderful until one actually has to live with it.
Yes they are selling the story now that the farmers will farm for ecology subsidies . But once accepted that will really be the end of the farmer his own boss legacy.
The state owns everything under the land and regulates everything on top and fee simple ownership is the mere boundary line on the map the farmer can lay claim to. The survey pegs he can call home.

Corbyn is a spineless coward ... for 2 years he has been banging on about getting a general election ... he has been offered it on a plate he is a chicken sh!t ... apart from Labour the opposition parties are desperate for a general election if SNP, Libs Greens and Plaid Cymru vote for a general election without them the labour scum will cry they voted with the tories and that will be there war cry in Scotland and Wales ... the other opposition parties must call the commie w*nstain's bluff
when your ratings are lower than a snakes ball bag - its like a turkey voting for xmas

I just hope the election comes soon and Corbyn is consigned to the compost heap

And here we go again
You are faulting the EU for loopholes that are used by and to the benefit of big farmers and enforced by national services.
Subsidies are available for everybody. They are just highjacked by the big fishes. Because thye are greedy big fishes. Small farmers should protest their national big unions and big farmers, not the EU in this case ...

Just for the sake of accuracy, the EU subsidies money is given to each state and it is each state that is responsible for its distribution, regulation controle and balance/equality of treatment.
The culprit here is not the one giving the money but the one who distribute it and thes ones who intercept it to the detriment of those who really need it.
money talks - whoever has the biggest wad calls the tune - its life

when your ratings are lower than a snakes ball bag - its like a turkey voting for xmas

I just hope the election comes soon and Corbyn is consigned to the compost heap
on that we both agree 100% .. his party in Scotland will be part of the extinction movement soon as well as the Tories and possibly that torn faced witch Swinson ... she's got a mouth like the Clyde tunnel

on that we both agree 100% .. his party in Scotland will be part of the extinction movement soon as well as the Tories and possibly that torn faced witch Swinson ... she's got a mouth like the Clyde tunnel
they were screwed the moment(um) they did not support Brexit by any means

elections going to be interesting if its before xmas

just hope the remoaners don't see this :rolleyes:

I'm reluctant to comment on this, since my sense of what's right and wrong seems to differ so wildly from everybody else's. I'd concede to every leaver-turned-remainer: Yes, you've been misled and deserve a second vote if those 350 mil were the only or the most important reason why you'd voted leave. You know, just as I don't think that Volkswagen committed fraud against customers who didn't give a damn about their car's emissions.

But I just don't think that's the case. I think most voters are led by vague ideas and emotions nowadays.
I mean, how about we do a survey how many Britons actually think that 350 mil more per week would actually improve the NHS's service?

I'm reluctant to comment on this, since my sense of what's right and wrong seems to differ so wildly from everybody else's. I'd concede to every leaver-turned-remainer: Yes, you've been misled and deserve a second vote if those 350 mil were the only or the most important reason why you'd voted leave. You know, just as I don't think that Volkswagen committed fraud against customers who didn't give a damn about their car's emissions.

But I just don't think that's the case. I think most voters are led by vague ideas and emotions nowadays.
I mean, how about we do a survey how many Britons actually think that 350 mil more per week would actually improve the NHS's service?
everyone's got an opinion that's what makes it interesting

it was a promise by a politician to illustrate to people what the true cost of the EU was to the UK

If you were taken in by it then you are fairly stupid

I know exactly what I voted for - but I was on the loosing side - but given another vote I would vote out this time

and no £350m will not improve the health - £350bn would not improve it either as it is broke and until someone takes a real serious look at it then it will just suck up more money

I had to have an emergency operation a couple of years ago that saved my life - but I then spent 3 weeks on a ward with 3 other guys - some of them had been there months. All I wanted to do was get better and get out of there. Every day at 4pm about 20 people came round and looked through the doors with clip boards. I asked the nurse who are they? Well they were some of the hospital managers checking the wards for empty beds. Totally unnecessary and what a waste of resources.

As I had nothing else to do as my wife would not let me have a laptop or a tablet I spent 3 weeks studying how the ward ran - the staff were wonderful but weighed down by piss poor management - for me it was a real eye opener about how top heavy and badly run the NHS is

had been there months. All I wanted to do was get better and get out of there. Every day at 4pm about 20 people came round and looked through the doors with clip boards. I asked the nurse who are they? Well they were some of the hospital managers checking the wards for empty beds. Totally unnecessary and what a waste of resources.

That sounds bad. I'm glad to hear you're better now.

On a related but totally off-topic note, speaking from personal experience I'd claim that one-bed rooms would speed up the recovery of most patients fairly significantly. And I'm not even thinking of fellow patients whose snoring keeps you up at night.

I'm scarred for life by that time in hospital shared with two demented geezers once.

The first guy regularly forgot where he was and tried to escape, usually in the middle of the night and hurting himself in the process (such as by pulling his urinary catheter – ouch!). The nurses were so overworked they asked me to look after him. Me, fresh from intensive care with a scar that runs from my dick root up to my midriff area.

The second guy was choleric. He threatened to kill me several times over. Once he slapped a nurse and had to be restrained and moved to the psych ward.

I'd been in the hospital for six weeks up to that point. Afterwards I'd had enough. Paid for a one-bed room then, got transferred, and recovered so profusely I could be checked out after merely five days. True story.

That sounds bad. I'm glad to hear you're better now.

On a related but totally off-topic note, speaking from personal experience I'd claim that one-bed rooms would speed up the recovery of most patients fairly significantly. And I'm not even thinking of fellow patients whose snoring keeps you up at night.

I'm scarred for life by that time in hospital shared with two demented geezers once.

The first guy regularly forgot where he was and tried to escape, usually in the middle of the night and hurting himself in the process (such as by pulling his urinary catheter – ouch!). The nurses were so overworked they asked me to look after him. Me, fresh from intensive care with a scar that runs from my dick root up to my midriff area.

The second guy was choleric. He threatened to kill me several times over. Once he slapped a nurse and had to be restrained and moved to the psych ward.

I'd been in the hospital for six weeks up to that point. Afterwards I'd had enough. Paid for a one-bed room then, got transferred, and recovered so profusely I could be checked out after merely five days. True story.
as it was A&E for me not much choice to be honest - the three I was on a ward with had received the same operation and it had gone wrong - I felt sorry for all of them - one of them had so much machinery round him it was unreal

all good now - but was a real eye opener for me and no internet for 2 weeks.................... one of my friends smuggled an ipad in for me after 2 weeks only after I begged a lot - had to hide it when the wife came in and bribed the nurses with a tub of chocolates not to let on(Y)

Glad you are better now as well :)

I do find this worrying and how attitudes have changed - and not for the better

Often have we been told by scientists – usually those of a leftist variety –, that extremist thinking is widespread in our culture. Almost always their findings came with reasons galore to dismiss them as biased, for biased they were. This, however, is the first time ever since I can remember that a scientific study seems to have produced clear evidence that extremist views hold sway over a considerable majority of a modern Western democracy. That is shocking indeed.

I gotta read that study. I want to know what questions were asked in detail.

they were screwed the moment(um) they did not support Brexit by any means

elections going to be interesting if its before xmas
clocks go back a hour this weekend and around 12th of December it's dark here around 4pm as it's only 9 days from the winter Equinox or the shortest daylight of the calendar year

reports are Corbyn wants a election but the MPs don't they fear losing there seats ... gutless cowards

clocks go back a hour this weekend and around 12th of December it's dark here around 4pm as it's only 9 days from the winter Equinox or the shortest daylight of the calendar year

reports are Corbyn wants a election but the MPs don't they fear losing there seats ... gutless cowards
the colder and darker the day the worse the Cons do - not the greatest day for them to be wanting an election

the colder and darker the day the worse the Cons do - not the greatest day for them to be wanting an election
The brexit issue, plus Corbyn, plus suggestion Torries will water down employment rights, plus boris making some progress, plus weather, plus Christmas, plus a few loony tunes, will make it an unpredictable election. We could end up with Plaid Cymru running the country.

The brexit issue, plus Corbyn, plus suggestion Torries will water down employment rights, plus boris making some progress, plus weather, plus Christmas, plus a few loony tunes, will make it an unpredictable election. We could end up with Plaid Cymru running the country.
as long as its not the Stupid Nicola Party every days a winner

just hope the remoaners don't see this :rolleyes:
Happens here all the time. Some Judge doesn't like the way the hoi-polloi voted so he/she/it deep sixes the whole referendum. Let's face it, if voting really mattered they wouldn't let us do it.

She could try it, maybe she could divorce herself, I reckon she could find a ‘reasonable’ argument for this.

a new Ashcroft poll says 76% English Conservatives who voted Leave in 2016 would prioritise Brexit even if it meant Scotland gained independence. Of the same demographic, 74 %would choose leaving the EU over Northern Ireland remaining part of the UK.

the last poll i saw was 88% of all those who voted Brexit would no care if brexit = Scotland no longer being in the UK

She could try it, maybe she could divorce herself, I reckon she could find a ‘reasonable’ argument for this.
59 seats out of 650 it would need to take a mind boggling scenario for SNP or Plaid Cymru to be in power in Westminster lol