Politics Australia votes 2022

TheKiwi

Mi.net Field Marshall
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
New-Zealand
We were talking NZ politics just a few days ago.

One thing I know well is Scott is hardly any popular in Australia, though could still very much go for another round.

We know better here, Macron vs Le Pen was basically just a S**t sandwich. Same playbook anywhere really.

Who Will be the Next secretary-general of the party?

Used the think greens would wreck Aussie but with them exporting electricity to Singapore maybe that's not entirely true. Having said that, this and other green power was already in the pipeline while Morrison was the boss.
Greens banning back burns and tree clearing caused many deaths during fires in Aussie. They are as nuts as their teal colour.

BBC discussion started describing Taxcindy as being cozy with China and half expects Albanese, the life long politician with a flexible back bone to kowtow.
Rudd a well known sinophile campaigned for him.

In all fairness, this result became practically inevitable after Morrison's great many gaffes.

For anyone in the know, Will this have any effect on the big-ticket buys the ADF has in the pipeline?

For funsies I looked into their manifesto. Most stuff is rather non-committal and uses the now all-too-common ploy to bunch together defence policy with subjects like climate change. The only paragraph that seems to hint at their intentions for the defence budget is this:

Labor will ensure that Defence has the resources it needs to defend Australia and deter potential aggressors. Labor supported the Strategic Update 2020, including $270 billion of capability acquisition, and we support for the acquisition of nuclear-powered submarines. (Source)

Sounds as if they're not overly hostile to the status quo, for what's that worth.

Can the ScoMo pull off another miracle or will it be an Albancheesy night?
Nope. The swing against the Liberals in WA was ~10%. We can thank Mark McGowan and his decisive action against COVID for that. It made him hugely popular. Albancheesy is the new PM.

Multiple senior Liberals lost their seats including the treasurer. They lost to either the Greens or conservative independents* who want to take action on climate change.

*known as the teal independents.

Although if I am being honest the projected tax cuts that the Liberals were offering would have benefited me.

In reality though. New boss same as the old boss.......

My accountant same as the old accountant. I don't know what I am going on about. Other than the system is just that.

Last edited:
BBC discussion started describing Taxcindy as being cozy with China and half expects Albanese, the life long politician with a flexible back bone to kowtow.
Rudd a well known sinophile campaigned for him.
I can tell that you know a lot about Australian politics.

French subs back on the table ? (Y)

It's looking likely that Labor will form a majority government. In the house of reps.

It also looks likely that the Greens and independents will hold the balance of power in the senate.

The Australian electorate has rejected the liberals. Power has been handed to the Greens and Jacqui Lambie a legendary independent and ex member of the ADF.

Last edited:

Our new foreign minister Penny Wong is openly gay and a practicing Christian.

"Wong is a practising Christian, attending Pilgrim Uniting Church in Adelaide"

Last edited:

"This was a message to Australia's allies but also to Beijing: The other bloke is gone but Australia's commitment to rules-based order and resistance to Chinese aggression remains firm."

That is what I require from my PM. I do not care which party they represent. As long as they do what is required to push back against China. I am happy.

It's about the national interest and not internal politics. Or personal gain (Clive). Glad to see that Albancheesy is on the same page.

Last edited: