Crime Australia: Vegan Parents Sentenced Over Malnourished Daughter

muck

Mi Field Marshall
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Germany
https://www.smh.com.au/national/nsw...er-malnourished-daughter-20190822-p52jlr.html

An eastern suburbs couple have avoided jail after feeding their toddler a vegan diet that caused her to become so malnourished she didn't have any teeth.

NSW District Court judge Sarah Huggett sentenced both of the parents, who also didn't vaccinate the now-three-year-old, to 18-month intensive corrections orders, saying full-time custody would deprive their three children of an "important bond".

The reckless failure of these offenders to provide their daughter with the necessities of life in fact caused serious harm," Judge Huggett said during her sentencing remarks at the Downing Centre on Thursday.

The father, 35, and the mother, 33, who lived in Queens Park when they were arrested in April 2018, cried throughout the sentencing before embracing one another at the end.

They had both earlier pleaded guilty to failing to provide for the child, causing danger of serious injury.

Judge Huggett said the parents – who cannot be named as it would identify the child – abided by a strict vegan diet and that their daughter's diet was "similarly conservative".

Court documents reveal she was fed oats, potatoes, rice, tofu, bread, peanut butter and rice milk. A mouthful of fruit or two sultanas were her snacks.

The mother called triple-0 when the girl suffered a seizure in March 2018. The child was "floppy", her lips her blue and her eyes were rolling into the back of her head.

On arrival to hospital she was found to be severely malnourished and suffering a preventable bone disease, which a team of doctors later agreed was the result of a strict diet.

"The child was severely malnourished, underweight and undersized, and delayed as far as age-appropriate milestones were concerned," Judge Huggett said.

A bloody shame they avoided jail. And here's proof we're not meant to be f***ing vegans. Here's proof it's not fricking natural.

Vegans probably means well and all, don’t we all like animals, our planet we walk on etc?

The thing is, I’m not giving up my steak to eat damned insects.

I don’t mind a sane minded vegan (if there’s such a thing) but I hate it if people choose this lifestyle only ‘cause it’s trendy.

Also, Hitler was sort of a vegan, he still liked pigeons, didn’t smoke or drink and enjoyed his all-nighter. Such a psycho.

Vegetarians might mean well; they're not bereft of reason. Vegans, on the other hand, are f***ing lunatics whose arguments don't make any sense. And they're so criminally stupid enough to do physical harm to their own children.

Or prevent their carnivorous cats from eating meat. They're bonkers.

Should have put them in prision on a strict vegan diet and withheld all the vitamins and supliments they take to ensure they don't get rickets and scurvy.

This being an extreme case. No doubt in the future veganism in teenagers will be recognized as a disease.

NSW District Court judge Sarah Huggett sentenced both of the parents, who also didn't vaccinate the now-three-year-old, to 18-month intensive corrections orders, saying full-time custody would deprive their three children of an "important bond".

Judge Huggett found the fact that the mother was suffering from long-term postnatal depression to an extent it rendered her incapable of responding to her child's needs.

"I say 'to an extent' because this offence was committed over a substantial period of time," she said.
The father argued he wasn't the primary offender as much of the child's care was left to the mother, but Judge Higgins said it could be argued his sound mind made him more culpable.
"The father's abandonment of his parental responsibility cannot be justified or excused on the basis that he was busy or preoccupied," she said.

So, the kids are staying at their grandma's.
Parents are under a 18-month ICO.

But what does it mean "full time custody would deprive their three children of an "important bond""?

So, I had to search for what ICO meant and implied in term of sanction:

An ICO is a custodial sentence of up two years that the court decides can be served in the community. Community safety is the court's paramount consideration when making this decision.
The old ICO has been overhauled. Unlike suspended sentences, supervision is mandatory. Courts can add conditions to an ICO such as home detention, electronic monitoring, curfews, community service work (up to 750 hours), alcohol/drug bans, place restrictions, or non-association requirements. Offenders may also be required to participate in programs that target the causes of their behaviour.
Community Corrections Officers have clearer authority to deal with breaches of conditions in real time. For more serious breaches, offenders will continue to be referred to the State Parole Authority (SPA) and may be required to serve the remainder of their sentence in custody.
The ICO is the most serious sentence that an offender can serve in the community. ICOs are not be available for offenders who have been convicted of murder, manslaughter, sexual assault, any sexual offence against a child, offences involving discharge of a firearm, terrorism offences, breaches of serious crime prevention orders, or breaches of public safety orders.

A domestic violence offender can only be sentenced to an ICO if the court is satisfied that the victim or likely co-residents can be adequately protected. For example, a domestic violence offender is not eligible for an ICO with a home detention condition if they are intending to reside with the victim.

What in the f*ck?!

The mother is unaware of what she is doing.
The father is well aware but lets things happen anyway.
And in 18-months they will get their kids back?

Is that it or I am missing something? I fee like I am missing something...

I've often wondered if vegans got their way and we all stopped eating meat what to do with all the livestock . Kill them all , or let them run wild watch them over breed then kill them all ? I've always found veganism a self defeating position to take .

And here's proof we're not meant to be f***ing vegans. Here's proof it's not fricking natural.
Quoted for truth. Evolution has developed humans into an omnivore species. I.e. our body is not made for a diet without any kind of animal protein, and if certain substances are not substituted by pills (which were likely tested on all sorts of critters before going live), you will get sick. Also, you just have to check the list of ingredients of an average vegan snack - or even better, a meat look-and-taste-alike. Reads more like a frickin' chemistry book than any can of spam or corned beef.

We don't need to gobble steaks and schnitzel each and every day, so reducing our meat consume may actually be quite healthy and marginally beneficial for the environment. But unless you have to abstain from meat products for medical reasons (there are certain rare conditions) common veganism is not a solution either. It might save countless baby cows and piglets and would reduce the number of farting cattle, but it would even more be the doom of the remainder of the global rain forests and its natural inhabitants, for soy does not equal joy in these areas.

I've often wondered if vegans got their way and we all stopped eating meat what to do with all the livestock . Kill them all , or let them run wild watch them over breed then kill them all ? I've always found veganism a self defeating position to take .

Veganism is an idea that only people could hatch who're so detached from reality and nature they don't even know how nature works and how cruel it can be. You should see the protests in many a zoo whenever they feed their animals the way the animals would feet in the wild.

There is more in meat than protein- collagen

Earliest American remains tested had high levels of collagen as they simply ate more grissle and collagen is the glue of the body. Without it we all just droop away to nothing.

Zero collagen in a carrot or bean.

KFC pressure cooked chicken then fried is particularly healthy. Children should be advised to clean up their bones.

Last edited:
You have people that follow some Pleb's Diet nonsense .. And you have people that aren't Gluten Free ask for GF items .. These people are frauds

tbh anyone that goes to a restraunt/hotel should have authentic medical documentation to prove they are Gluten Free . I would not entertain anyone that plays the BS GF card I would make it crisp and clear that I don't cater for GF people for the sole reason am sick n tired of the frauds playin the GF card ..

As for Vegans ... Give them a pile grass .. and a apple .. and tell em to shut it and restaunts now have Vegan menus solely to cater to these pescatarians aka fussy people ..

Nope
The best regimen was when we were hunter gatherers. Diversity of food and seasonal adaptation gave an healthy population. Off course, hunter gatherer regimen cannot be extended to billions. But check the results of the shift toward agriculture (scurvy, arthrosis, height reducing, pain and joints damages, minerals and vitamins deprivation)

After the green revolution, quantity and "quality" of food has improved. That's also why we had a net gain of life expanctancy....until few years ago.
Now the food is too much processed, too contaminated with chemicals, too rich in fat and sugar and poor in essential nutrients.
That's not for nothing that diabetis, overweight and metabolic diseases are becoming a pandemic and life expenctancy is now decreasing

After the green revolution, quantity and "quality" of food has improved. That's also why we had a net gain of life expanctancy....until few years ago.
Now the food is too much processed, too contaminated with chemicals, too rich in fat and sugar and poor in essential nutrients.
That's not for nothing that diabetis, overweight and metabolic diseases are becoming a pandemic and life expenctancy is now decreasing

Can't disagree with you there mordoror . I remember going for my 40+ health check a few years ago and the doctor being quietly surprised that I wasn't diabetic . I dread to think of the numbers who are being diagnosed diabetic at that age and last time I checked the NHS was spending upwards of 20 billion treating a completely unnecessary illness . I don't even think it an issue with unhealthy foods more the quantity of unhealthy foods people choose to eat .