Intro Hello from Australia

Welcome @AnneYoungAu I imagine some of us have gone down the rabbit hole of the Australian National Archives looking for family military history, sing out if you need a point in the right direction.

Welcome and we American Veterans love you, only Australia and South Korea stepped up to help us in Indo China and we do not forget you. No matter how misguided the whole affair was Australia provided more of their armed forces to help than was left to protect themselves. All of their destroyers were working hard in the Gulf of Tonkin doing much of the work along with our Navy. The citizens of Australia opened their homes to many Americans who came for R&R. Most people do not understand the very large land mass of Australia and the expense that was incurred helping American armed forces. Thank you

Greetings from Western USA......

BTW: If the ANA doesn't pan out, you can also try the LDS Church. They have developed and do maintain extremely deep genealogical resources due to their particular sacramental activities. My Dad and Mom did a lot of family research at their local and nation facilities here in the USA. You might get asked to visit their church, but you don't have to. Usually, they point you in the right direction or help you get up and running on your study and then they leave you well enough alone.

Welcome and we American Veterans love you, only Australia and South Korea stepped up to help us in Indo China and we do not forget you. No matter how misguided the whole affair was Australia provided more of their armed forces to help than was left to protect themselves. All of their destroyers were working hard in the Gulf of Tonkin doing much of the work along with our Navy. The citizens of Australia opened their homes to many Americans who came for R&R. Most people do not understand the very large land mass of Australia and the expense that was incurred helping American armed forces. Thank you

New Zealand and Thailand were also significant contributors.

New Zealand and Thailand were also significant contributors.
In 1968 their numbers were 578, at home they were having severe issues with anti war protest and I never saw or heard of any unit in the southern delta. Thailand was not supplying anything other than air bases which were paid for they were not combatants against the North Vietnamese. They had no ground forces or air forces or navy fighting . We have had tensions with New Zealand for the past 55 years and their denying our nuke subs port. There have been a lot of politics in play for a very long time. In 1968 there were about 550,000 US fighting forces in Vietnam. I listed the two major contributors and they had very large forces on land and sea. For those New Zealand forces I say Thank you to them also. To better describe why I would not mention New Zealand is better explained in this listing, My self or no one I served with have ever met or operated together with New Zealand Forces in RVN. The Australians were based 70 miles west of my group and at two locations. They had Infantry and Air support. The South Koreans had Infantry but no air that I was ever aware of.

For Australia, they were significant, we had 4 ANZAC Battalions, Australian led units with Kiwi Rifle Companies embedded into the units, supported by Kiwi Artillery and Kiwi SAS embedded into SASR.
The Thais had 351 killed in action and 1,358 wounded, I'd say they were involved in a bit more combat than many are aware of.