Space Voyages into space

SpaceX's Starship SN20 during its first-ever stacking atop its Super Heavy booster.
spaceX2.pngstarshipx4.jpg
spaceX1.png
starshipx3.jpgstarshipx5.jpg
starship_stacked_on_super_heavy.jpg

I can't wait to see it all fly...

I want to believe, and at the same time I have difficulties seeing a present starship with the booster make it through maxQ. I feel like someone seeing the Spruce Goose coming out of its hangar 80 years ago.

That project is the most daring, revolutionary and promising one of the last 30 years.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

New video of the surface of Mars taken by the Curiosity rover

Looks like NW Australia.

Inspiration 4 launch planned for midnight UTC

Private SpaceX flight to orbit with no professional astronauts aboard. They´ ll stay in orbit for 3 days flying a little above the ISS.

Inspiration 4 launch planned for midnight UTC

Private SpaceX flight to orbit with no professional astronauts aboard. They´ ll stay in orbit for 3 days flying a little above the ISS.

Looking forward to it.

The guy funding and commanding the capsule actually seems like an apex nerd who earned his ticket to space thru the hard work to fund it as well as his personal efforts and interest to prepare himself over many years, and isn't a d!ck.

Good luck to them.

This thing so reminds me of the Soviet N1 rocket effort.

Back on the old MP.net we argued endlessly about the Apollo / N1 competition.

The N1 seriously lacked the computational/digital management horsepower to harmonize so many rockets to sing the same song and scream in perfect tune.

Hopefully the SpaceX team have solved that complex set of problems to properly conduct a large rocket orchestra.

The rate of acceleration for tonight‘s launch was very impressive. I am not comparing to others boosters, just noting how the KPH numbers ramped up after max whatever!

Today is a record in orbit. Simultaneously 14 people. 7 on the ISS, three Chinese on Tiangong and four on the tourist Dragon.
And Dragon sets another record. Its orbital altitude is over 500 km. After the lunar expeditions, no one has moved so far from the Earth.

Today is a record in orbit. Simultaneously 14 people. 7 on the ISS, three Chinese on Tiangong and four on the tourist Dragon.
And Dragon sets another record. Its orbital altitude is over 500 km. After the lunar expeditions, no one has moved so far from the Earth.

Not exactly. 55 years ago, Gemini 11 flew at 740 miles above the Earth.

Last edited by a moderator: