Space Voyages into space

27th September 2022 - third time lucky? :rolleyes:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

So we flyin to the moon on November 16th?

Orion might be uncrewed in this case but if it goes well at least NASA can say that a spaceship orbited the moon less than 50 years later the last Apollo capsule did. Albeit barely since Apollo 17 left for the moon on December 7th 1972.

And with a delay...that made me miss the live launch as I dislike watching TV while driving, she flies Ladies and Gents!

TLI successful. Orion is enroute to the moon with its solar panels deployed. Interesting three weeks up ahead!

A bit difficult to find images of Orion filmed by itself I thought it has 22 cameras on board or something...

Only found some snippets like this one

NASA live

PR is poor from the NASA side. There are some pics but they are not amazing, info on what is going on is scarce. So basically we had a fly by but as I understand it we are not yet in lunar orbit...

Could do better.
A bit difficult to find images of Orion filmed by itself I thought it has 22 cameras on board or something...

PR is poor from the NASA side. There are some pics but they are not amazing, info on what is going on is scarce. So basically we had a fly by but as I understand it we are not yet in lunar orbit...

Could do better.
I still doubt it will ever get into lunar orbit - or provide us with absolutely unedited and crisp digital images of the other side of the moon

NASA - "we will be back on the moon by 2030" - 2040 - 20never - you can forget Mars

Funny thing is, more importantly the X37B landed the other day after what nearly 3 years in space somewhere - what has it being doing - where has it been?

Found Orion.

It is on a very wide orbit of the moon, nothing like the Apollo missions where they were flying 80 miles high. Here we are talking of a lumar orbit that goes up to 100 000 km away from the moon and of course 350 000 further km away from Earth. No spaceship has ever been this far away from our home planet.

Orion captured an Earth eclipse where the moon hid the Earth instead of the sun.

Splashdown is forecasted for December 11th. Some glitches were noted, including a 47 mn communication breakdown.