Over the past 12 months, Russia has spent 1.5% of its GDP on payments to veterans' families. (Source)

Yes, listen to John Bolton. The man who wanted to start BS wars against everyone so Big Oil and Halliburton could make metric f*cktons of money at the taxpayers expense ... and blood!

And on CNN, because they're dreaming of another Live from [insert city being bombed for "democracy"]. The only time they were ever relevant.

Umm, Bolton was quickly fired by Trump. Bolton never saw a war he didn't want to expand and get the US involved in. To say that there is bad blood between the two is an understatement. Now he's gone crying to the Marxists on CNN.
Apart from his past do you think he's wrong here? I believe Trump policy towards ukraine is pretty clear at the moment tbh.

Last edited:
I am back just had a week in Malta, (a few Ruskis skulking around but keeping a low profile.)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I was under the impression that his policy was to end the war in 24h. I can't see that happening without giving Putin what he wants.
Yes, that is what he stated. Everything else is guesswork. He's been asked if that means Putin keeps what he's taken and he said no.

Yes, that is what he stated. Everything else is guesswork. He's been asked if that means Putin keeps what he's taken and he said no.
No one knows, possibly not even Trump himself has a detailed approach at this point.

Given Trump's focus on China I think it could be increasing pressure on China to drop their support. Make it economically disproportionally costly to keep supporting russia. Also likely a much harsher stance on Iran.

Trump operates outside of predictable political patterns. Anything from withdrawing aid and a congratulatory message to Putin to russian troops getting a text message telling them to "Leave the country within 48hrs or it's Death from Above" is possible.

Unpredictability is an asset, never let others know what you're thinking until actually needed.

... If there is actually any idea to begin with.

Politicians air a lot of empty (campaign) promises, but Trump catches more flak because he's not a darling of the MSM while others have them sugar coated, downplayed or swept under the rug entirely. The 24hrs bit is hyperbole for "quicker than it's going now".

Trump is first and foremost a business man and likes to emphasise his achievements for the US economy. Accelerating the end of the war could mean giving Europe the ability to buy larger amounts of more diverse types of US weapons systems for Ukraine with far fewer restrictions on their use.

That way he supports the US arms industry, the American worker and he gets the Europeans to pay (more) for their own defence. All important for his donors and his voters.

Last edited:

Only guessing, but Trump could say ok, you keep donetsk etc, give back crimea. If you dont I arm Ukr to the teeth.
Like I said, we can all guess, but he has only said he will end the war. I follow some folks on X because of their reporting on the war in Ukraine. In general they are pro-Biden and anti-Trump. And that's fine.. Some of the things they have manufactured in their heads on this topic and then posted are pretty stupid. It makes me wonder if some of their reporting on the war has also been stupid.