To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

1) Sure you can. Just stop selling weapons to them, anything moved to Switzerland from anywhere else gets the full amount of bureaucracy thrown at it delaying it by a long time. Everything they have comes from NATO and EU members. Good luck buying Chinese "quality" and see how far that neutrality stance gets you with them.

2) And what do you think that money has been used for? To finance the Russian military actions of the last 20 years including invasions of Georgia and Ukraine, cyberattacks against NATO members, espionage etc. So Switzerland helping Russia to finance war and conduct cyberwarfare is any different from re-selling foreign produced weapons and ammo?

There is no such thing as "not caring" or "oversight" in this, either you do everything you can to prevent it from being done or you agree with what is being done and are happy to do business. Switzerland has taken the latter approach for the past two decades.

3) Not exactly, for example currently NATO and EU evacuation operations also take Swiss nationals including diplomatic staff. Good luck, you're on your own. Have fun being on the same blacklist as third world countries.

Let's agree to disagree there. Noone should be forced to sell / donate military gear. I just don't see embargoes in this case as in any way helpful. But it won't happen anyway, no matter if we agree on this point.
As for 2, we are talking about NON-selling as the issue, not selling. It's not about Switzerland selling their tanks or ammo to Russia (as opposed to "re-selling".
As for financials, Switzerland has a story to make money where it can and not talk about it. I doubt they had at any point the intention of helping Russia as opposed to maximising their own profits, no matter the consequences. And for the financial part I am with you, open Pandora's box and see what's inside.
As for 3), I am sure Switzerland will find a way, actually Switzerland will simply pay its way, if in doubt.

I get your points from a purely emotional pov, I don't see them as feasible in reality in a norms and rules based system.

Right-wing hecklers denounced Olaf Scholz as a "war mongerer" during a public speech of the Chancellor's in East Germany today. Scholz shouted back at them: "Dear hecklers, if you had a brain between the lot of you you'd be heckling Putin now. He's the war mongerer". Scholz called Germany's supporting Ukraine with weapons imperative. "Yes, it is necessary, if a country is attacked, then it must defend itself, then it is allowed to defend itself, period!", shouted Scholz, who proceeded to accuse the Russian president of wanting to destroy Ukraine and calling him a murderer. "Peace and freedom are threatened by this war of aggression", emphasised Scholz: "Supporting Ukraine is the right thing to do". (Source, German)

The right has become Russia's fifth column in many Western countries. Traitors, the lot of them. A great many anti-vaccine slogans and posters at that protest as well. What a leap in logic to connect the two subjects. Goddamn idiots.

You

wtf is wrong with his haircut?

He choose sleek

Screenshot_20230603-191643~2.png