Politics British Politics

Jeremy Corbyn
"I don't know what the deal is
I don't know what the contents are
But we will be voting against it"
Just committed election suicide

Pretty sure it will bind us to the existing workers rights - so the party of workers rights wont vote for an agreement binding all future governments to these rights.

How does Jeremy choose his socks in the morning?

Take note how EU is scrambling now. They thought they had all the leverage and did not bet on a Boris like PM.

Take note how EU is scrambling now. They thought they had all the leverage and did not bet on a Boris like PM.
the £33bn will however just manage to keep the charade that the EU is going for a bit longer

Lot of back slapping from the EU side - its not got past our Parliament yet

Pounds up against euro to almost £1.16 - its going to be another roller coaster week next week

The minimum wage has become the new mechanism for resolving low wages. It's a crazy idea. Companies do not all have the same balance sheet.

Nigel Farage came out blasting Johnson's deal today, saying even a delay to Brexit would be preferrable over what the UK government has negotiated. The fact is Johnson got shook down. All the costs for preventing a hard border on Ireland will be shouldered by the UK now, and it'll be a bureaucratic nightmare for everyone doing business in Northern Ireland.

Or rather, he allowed himself to be shook down. Johnson has struck a deal that is unlikely to ever pass the Commons, so that he'll be able to point the finger at parliament if Britain crashes out in two weeks time. He can claim he's done his homework now. That's all this is.

In other words, take note how little you know about the situation. You've voiced your opposition to the globalization and regulation represented by the EU many a time, and that's fine, but you're way too eager to jump on everything that seems to confirm your prejudices.

the £33bn will however just manage to keep the charade that the EU is going for a bit longer

You're a good bloke, but I marvel at your tendency to cover your ears sometimes.

1. You do realize how long it's been since the first (May's) deal was on the table? The delays to Brexit are of Westminster's doing, not of Brussel's.

2. With the UK leaving and the population ratio shifting, the Southrons will come by a majority and France is already at the starting blocks to give the EU the powers of taxation. You make it sound like Brussels desparately needs that money, but nothing could be further from the truth. Actually (and ironically), all signs point towards a considerable growth in power and revenue of the organization. Regrettably.

3. You always make it sound like the EU came up with an arbitrary fine to punish the UK for leaving. Well, the fact is, it was Her Majesty's Government that came up with that "fine", which is actually a bill for running costs established according to Article 50, which was authored and introduced to the treaty by Gordon Brown's administration in 2009.

The money that Britain owes, yes owes the Union is mostly due to finish paying for ongoing projects of the EU structural funds inside Britain, for research projects that Britain co-initiated to the benefit of its industry or armed forces, and to cover the pensions of British MEPs and British nationals that have worked in EU agencies. Why on earth should foreign tax payers e.g. pay Nigel Farage's pension once the UK's left, or fund the renovation of some run-down Welsh mining town?

All his socks are red.
I'm sure they are, but he has to ensure he doesn't marginalise anyone, and he needs to consult, oh and find out which pair Boris thinks he should wear, and vote against that, in a democratic manner, unless Len McCluskey tells him to pick another pair....

Yes Boris is in the perfect position. BBC reporters are totally befuddled by the situation and gasping for explanations. Same with Syria stalemate. They are confused people yet the simple obvious was in front of them.

Having lived a contented life without the need for regulation for the sake of regulation. When there is a gap for someone incompetent to make a mistake the state quickly papers over it so that you now have the most incredibly inefficient workplaces. The white coats are getting their card punched in due time.

Yes Boris is in the perfect position. BBC reporters are totally befuddled by the situation and gasping for explanations. Same with Syria stalemate. They are confused people yet the simple obvious was in front of them.

Having lived a contented life without the need for regulation for the sake of regulation. When there is a gap for someone incompetent to make a mistake the state quickly papers over it so that you now have the most incredibly inefficient workplaces. The white coats are getting their card punched in due time.

Your reluctance to respond to the points raised and this weird little rant only go to show you're being willfully obtuse. Mr. Brexit Nigel Farage himself tore Johnson a new one, but you'd rather put a nice little spin on the whole thing than eat your words. Oh well.

So... WW3 soon?
No, as HE has the capability of saving the planet, and millions of lives, twice a day.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's still early enough in the U.S.A.

Ok sorry Muck I wasn't really focused on Farage who will always be the all the way brand that he is. His liberalist ex pat pals on Fox do make interesting listening but I'm not a liberal. They have that British tea party thing going for them that is interesting.

UK is(was) a net contributor - I think 12% of the budget? As a net contributor, that means there is no upside in losing the UK as a recipient, but there is a downside due to losing 12% of their revenue -12% is a lot. So there is no automatic reduction in costs, other than a few admin staff in Brussels.
So the remaining 26 have to find around 9BN. Expect 2-3BN from Germany. I'm sure Germany has this, but how to explain yet more BN going to Poland? Spain and Italy, another 1Bn each maybe? Where will this come from, Spain has 14% unemployment, 32% youth unemployment. 32%!!!

UK has 4% unemployment, anything under 5% is considered 'Full employment' - US is at 3.5%

I'm not suggesting EU will collapse, but how to explain to the southern states they have to find more money, to keep the wheels on for Germany and Poland.

Meanwhile UK gets 9BN, 6 for the NHS, 2 for Roads, 1 in the back pocket. Every year. This is around 1.2% of the governments funds. 6Bn to NHS is about 4% increase.

As to Scotland, go stay, whatever, you have 8% of the population, 5.3m, wales has 3m and is a damn site closer to the 55m consumers in england - who would build a factory or a warehouse in scotland - plenty of space still in Milton Keynes, or Skemersdale.

At least the Irish threat is over....

irish air space

1571342372595.webp1571342473688.webp

If anyones been following Deutche bank. Eventual bail out. That bad debt is never going to go away and shrinking is not a plan to pay it off..

If anyones been following Deutche bank. Eventual bail out. That bad debt is never going to go away and shrinking is not a plan to pay it off..
keep printing Deutschmarks just in case;)

Where will this come from, Spain has 14% unemployment, 32% youth unemployment. 32%!!!
I'm in Spain now. So, the vast majority of those "unemployed" are actually employed unofficially. They have jobs, but their employers don't pay any tax or NI.

I'm in Spain now. So, the vast majority of those "unemployed" are actually employed unofficially. They have jobs, but their employers don't pay any tax or NI.
Sounds like a great scam, keeps the people happy, no tax revenue, keeps the EU contribution down, whats not to like, if your Spanish...