Thanks uktabber!
I have been waiting for this chance but I did not scan them first.
This is almost realtime job now :D

Curtiss Wright CW-21/22 in Java

CW-21B
06a.JPG
06b.JPG

CW-22 trainer
07a.JPG
07b.JPG
08&09a.JPG
08&09b.JPG
08a.JPG
08b.JPG
09a.JPG

Great photos again............... Although I must say that these are some ugly planes, I can't believe the allied air forces flew such beasts!!

Thanks for your kind comment, uktabber.
There were many captured allied aircraft in Malaya, Singapore, Java and islands in the Pacific in 1942 but they have been introduced with scattered photos in the postwar. This is why I think this is a good chance to introduce them as a batch. Thanks again for your interest ?

Here comes Douglas A20A in Java

26&27.JPG
28a.JPG
28b.JPG
29a.JPG
29b.JPG
29c.JPG
30a.JPG
31a.JPG
31b.JPG

WW2 Original photo showing Company of Japanese soldiers all resting. They all seem to have what looks like Arisaka Type 99 rifle. You can see a few with bayonets. I don’t have much info on the date or location unfortunately.
3518057F-0E0B-429B-A248-BDACDCC8F344.jpeg

Type 95 Ha-Go light tank halted by Australian 2 pounder gun anti-tank fire in the Battle of Muar, Malaya
pds667kvord81.jpg

Type 2 Ka-Mi amphibious tanks of the Yokosuka 1st Special Naval Landing Forces (SNLF) on Saipan.
mtr2hpuq0bs81.jpg

14 January 1942. Japanese troops advancing in the vicinity of Gemas during their invasion of the Malayan peninsula and the drive toward Singapore
rie46weelg091.jpg

A column of Type 95 "Ha-Go" tanks on the road near Bangkok. In December 1941, Japanese troops entered Thailand (Siam) and from there launched an offensive against Burma.
1pcvkewqsy191.jpg

And here is a video of one being chased and shot down by USN Hellcats......a Kawanishi H8K1

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This day in 1945, Loa Kulu Massacre, Borneo, Japanese soldiers beheaded 144 Dutch prisoners, only after they had been forced to watch their wives being hacked to death with swords, and their children hurled down a mine shaft where all of the bodies were eventually dumped.
FY5647lX0AAKYiA?format=jpg&name=small.jpg

On the 30th of July 1945 around 144 to about 148 inmates (sources vary) were rounded up and driven to the mine at Loa Kulu. There the inmates were told they were sentenced to death after which the women were separated from the men and children. First the Japanese soldiers mutilated the women to death, after which they threw all the children down the mine shaft, then finally the men who first had to witness what happened to their wives and children were decapitated by Japanese soldiers. Their bodies and severed heads were thrown down the mine shaft as well, just as the mutilated bodies of the women
Samarinda remained under Japanese occupation until September 1945, when it was liberated by the 2/25th Battalion of the Australian 7th Division. The Australians also discovered the human remains in the mine shaft at Loa Kulu

Type 95 Ha Go light tanks knocked out on Biak Island in May 1944
pxjb1kyznhi91.jpg
cipwtfh9cxu61.jpg

A Type 1 Ho-Ni captured by the 37th Infantry Division in Aritao, Philippines, April 6th, 1945.
wk2mkya1tln91.jpg

Japanese prisoners of war after the battle of Tarawa. November 1943
La4wCfktQjvSqGr6uMayx4PxgQVpf-WqdJJCnqMhTKM.jpg