Movie / TV What's the last movie you watched

Do you need to have seen all the others? Or can you hop in?

I've seen the first one (way back in the day at the cinema) and the last two, I didn't feel like I was missing much. I want to go back through the others though.

I've seen the first one (way back in the day at the cinema) and the last two, I didn't feel like I was missing much. I want to go back through the others though.

I watched the first one way back also, then haven't watched any. I might give this a go, the trailers did look good.

I watched "Devotion" last evening and it was quite nice. Magnificent aerial scenes, beautiful landscapes and a tragic, poignant ending.
I remember the 2 nicknames given to the F4U Corsair in the film: "the widow maker" and "the bachelor killer" !!!

On Netflix, there is a french flick called "the stronghold" translated from BAC Nord as the original title.

It relates to a drug busting operation in the extremely tough norther district of Marseilles in southern France where the police officers had to make difficult choices. Inspired by a true story. Very realistic according to many police officers about what it is to police the suburbs. Great flick...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Needed to look up this film to quote you from two years ago.

The Stronghold/BAC Nord was indeed great, and nothing much has changed in Marseille since it was released some three years ago. It’s worsening even.

Well done. François Civil as the young cop who enjoy weed.

It’s safe and spoilers free enough to mention that it’s really hard to be a cop today in this day and age without being thrown under the bus by your hierarchy for getting straight to the anti-drugs goal. Tough.

Hmm....

Mad God.

It is... it is something. A pretty unique experience.

Classic

Went to see equalizer 3. Not very good. That italian little town should be wiped off the map with everyone in it. Way too nice people to really exist and they play italians in such a caricatural way it´s hard to believe they actually found Italians actors with such little pride that they did´nt mind..

Hard also to believe the international traficking going on .

However, remains entertaining with bad guys who clearly pass the extra psycho level and Denzel does a fine job at watching people live their last minutes.

Looking forward to the next "Expendables" because...I love all the guys in it.

I got close to watching it mostly because Denzel but I saw the trailer and figured it’d be overly caricatural. That’s one thing Hollywood (okay, some directors anyway) manage well… this usual stereotypes based on nationalities.

I’ve watched Non-Stop (2014) starring Liam Neeson.

It was okay, no need to write a lot about it. Suspenseful as I had hoped and as I said often here always have liked Liam, since his early years (Under Suspicion is one of my English flick of choice for whatever reason).

Just watched "The Covenant". Better than I thought it would be. Worth checking out.

May not be that accurate historically but I very much enjoyed it at the cinema. So many parallels to current events.

Expendables 4. I like the actors, good stunt scenes close up but we are talking about what looks like a immediate release to DVD movie...or worse: TV

The CGI is more than poor...any helicopter landing, plane flying or explosion is painful to watch.

It´s shot in studio. I believe the entire set cost 799.99 USD and they probably had a discount because of fresh paint.

The dialogue is on the very low settings even for an action movie. We are on the "find him and kill him" level with these two replies actually being said in the film:

"It´s too quiet, I don´t like it"
"Let´s drop our weapons and finish this man to man"

Good and bad guys do things that are nor professional, nor smart.

All of the Harry Potter movies over about ten days, because uncles will do anything to earn the approval of their nieces.

First two aren't great - storylines are a bit fluffy and frankly, the kids aren't great actors. Once you hit the third where the stories go a bit darker and the kids have learned how to act more convincingly, they're actually half decent films.

Classic ...

No Hard Feelings - 7/10

That was pretty funny.

watched it in English and German to see how they dubbed the jokes.

Liquorice Pizza - 7/10

an artsy movie about coming of age in the 70s in Los Angeles. Alana Haim plays her role quite good. Has some funny and unexpected turns like the visit to Barbara Streisands boyfriend 🤣