Movie / TV What's the last movie you watched

Next goal wins, with Michael Fassbender, nice little feel good movie, based on a true story of the American Samoa football team, once beaten 31-0 by Australia.

Also caught the new Aquaman, dire, nonsense.

"Once upon a time in Hollywood"

Just saw it now, great movie it gets a 10 from me Leonardo and Brad are outstanding. Cool flick.

Yesterday "The Color from outer space" great actors, story and suspense throughout - 8/10.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Heaven of king.....dom

To catch a killer, (2023)

A suspenseful, well acted and directed movie about some psycho in Baltimore randomly mass murdering people during NYE, before even more tragedies. You can only imagine the whole investigation, FBI, Governor and medias, the conspiracies etc.

Brillant. 8/10.

Everyone should watch this movie.
Agreed.

I once researched the subject after a podcast between Travis Haley (Garandthumb's "dad") and Mike Jones (Flannel Daddy) where it went off the tangent after speaking about social engineering.

Even the former HK social media girl would spread awareness about it on Instagram. She's definitely savage online but she's really some US Navy sailor's wife doing a persona for H&K. and is night and day different

Even former or retired Delta were doing actual rescue work after mil service with rescuing these kids from other countries long before anyone was talking about it.

Holy F, this is an actual problem that shouldn't be shrugged off or ignored.

Back on topic.

Flight of the Intruder and Transformers: Rise of the Beasts.

I remember reading the book long before seeing the movie. Both were good and the movie is still fun to re-watch. But the latest Transformers was eh, the wokeness in it was really laughable especially the GI Joe hinting at the end for a possible future collaboration.

Watching REDDICK again, I think this was the first in the series where he was dropped on a vacant planet where there are all sorts of nasty creatures living and an abandoned camp. Anyway there are two more movies in the series. All are available on youtube and the free movies sometimes have commercials which you just install the youtube add killer for firefox or chrome probably most browsers since they all use the base code of each main browser program.

Was it that bad? Wife hinted at us watching it in the future.

Apparently the battles depicted are something but also historically very inaccurate. I’ll watch it too at some point but I’ve seen mixed reviews of it too.

Was it that bad? Wife hinted at us watching it in the future.

It was... very underwhelming, to say the least.

Not very up-to-date with the Napoleon lore, but I think I still managed to spot some historical inaccuracies. But it's a Hollywood movie by Ridley Scott, that's par for the course.

It felt like the movie spent too much time on things that were relatively trivial and/or not worth that much time. Sometimes scenes felt dragging for too long, especially during battles, while others got either expedited or simply memory holed.

It is not an easy subject to tackle and put into a movie. Napoleon is a huge Historical figure who did many things which still have a very strong and ever lasting impact today. So, squeezing all that into a 2h30 movie is doomed to brush over a lot of things.
The movie focuses a lot on Napoleon's relationship with Josephine, but mostly in term of screen time. There is barely any substance to that theme and it reduces Napoleon's character to a very thin relatively mediocre man.

His achievements aren't even mentioned or acknowledged; only the amount of people who died during his military campaigns.

I saw Napoleon with my wife and felt very let down, even allowing for Ridley Scott doing his usual "adaptation" to a historical figure. I'm being very mild when I say I was underwhelmed and let down. The battle scenes were ok to watch but complete bullshit and no relation to the actual battles that occurred. It's like Scott just made up his own battles and put real historical battle names to them.

Apart from that everything that @Ivan le Fou has already stated.

The movie was ok it you suspend all knowledge and belief in history. Okay if you just accept a shallow trope :(

So the typical history uneducated will be liking it then?

Hard pass from me, thanks guys. I know that not all movies can be history accurate but when it's as blatantly obvious as you all had spoken of, lol nope.