Movie / TV What's the last movie you watched

Since there's nothing current that looks interesting, I watched American Graffiti tonight. What a classic!
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

John Wick 4

Delightfully silly at times as you expect from these movies but I feel they're in danger of disappearing up their own arse with all the High Table lore. Also, no earthly reason for it to be nearly three hours long.

I agree and yet I wasn’t bored for an instant watching it.

Fwiw, a movie fueled on testosterone, some hints of humor, a body count for John higher than Ted Bundy after only twenty minutes into the movie…

2 hours would have been more than enough. The final scene was surprising, made very little sense too. How can he walk the stairs to the Sacré cœur while being literally beaten/stabbed and shot at? Some Highlander S**t right there.

North Sea Hijack ..

Bonafide Classic imo

Fell asleep three times during Avatar 2.

The movie is pointless in and of itself.

Even more so considering it is the sequel to a movie that is 12 years old. People lost interest a long time ago and the only thing they may remember from the first movie was the CGI. Which was, pretty much, the selling point of the movie.

Finished "The World's End"

Good movie, with the kind of stuff I expect from the Cornetto boys, but I'm glad I did not buy it on DVD without first watching it. While I think Sean of the Dead is a must have in my collection, I'm not sure about Hot Fuzz and I'm OK at this point bout not having The World's End on disc.

Watched two Legion movies - March or Die and Legionnaire. Enjoyed both. For something different (very different) I watched Punish Me - German film with English subs. An understated older woman/younger guy relationship kind of plot. Free on You Tube.

Flags of Our Fathers. Even if you've seen it before, worth another watch.

On Sunday night I went to the local classic theatre with my mates to watch the original Conan The Barbarian (1982) with Arnie.

It still stacks up as a great piece of storytelling, even with the slighty funky special effects by todays standards. Still I'd rather have a good story with lesser effects than one of the modern "epics" that are a triumph of effects over all else (looking at you Avatar).

Asteroid City.

As much as I like Wes Anderson's movies, that one... I couldn't get into.