Movie / TV What's the last movie you watched

^ Pt 3 is happening. That at least is assured. But yes, far too early for release estimate.

Watched The Holdovers recently. Pretty decent. Da'Vine Joy Randolph won Oscar for Best Supporting Actress. For which I'm fairly certain is only because she's a fat black woman, but that aside, decent watch.

Well worth watching based on the events leading up to the rescue of an industrialist that was kidnapped and held for ransom by a gang ..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What a film well worth watching .. ..interesting storyline to say at least .

Well worth watching

I went to see "Kingdom of the planet of the apes" and I give it a 8/10.

There are gorgeous shots, the story is strong, but there is less action than in the other ones.

I regret the ending, as striking as it is, it goes against much of what the other movies hammered to the audience.

Civil War of Alex Garland, I was a little disappointed by its “ micro-vision ” and the sometimes gratuitous violence, what's more, the film's message is very vague, but I liked it nonetheless.
The scene at the Charlottesville camp is visually stunning.
End photo. "Spoiler"
IMG_20240604_115314.jpg

Last edited:

On par with original

Seminal british classic

Top drawer

I watched "Rolling Thunder" yesterday, William Devane and Tommy Lee Jones.
Great movie, fantastic silences :)
I won't put up the Youtue trailers as there's too many spoliers suffice to say 2 boys return from Vietnam, stuff happens, then serious stuff happens ;-)
It's up on Prime at the moment

Pearl is a movie that I’d recommend to most anyone.

It’s a horror film, that watches like a thriller/drama. It certainly has its bizarre moments, but highly enjoyable. I was very pleasantly surprised. 8/10

Granddaughters are here today, so I'm helping wifey keep them somewhat under control. That was going well, so I watched a cheesy Chinese kung fu movie on the laptop while they watched SpongeBob and other kids' shows. I actually learned something! The plot wasn't too compelling so I took note of what firearms were being used in this mid-30s scenario. Lots of broomhandles and Tokarevs - the few Makarovs were out of place. Military extras carried short Mausers except some had obvious Mosin-Nagants painted black for some reason.

The villain - a female assassin - had a Thompson SMG with curved magazine. Wait! Those were only made in 45 cal! (Except for a FEW in 10mm for the FBI) A 9mm then? No - a 7.62x25! Due to a shortage of 45 auto ammo in China, one of the plants made a short run in that caliber. I did not know about that.

Not a super movie, but I had to watch it all to see if the villain used her kung fu on the hero.

I was very little when I watched this movie for the first time and the gore scenes left some scars on my brain. Of course, it isn't so impressive when I saw it as a grown up, but it's still enjoyable with its soundtrack and early 90's vibe. The low rating in totally unjustified in my opinion, those Stephen King fans need to chill.

Last edited: