Movie / TV What's the last movie you watched

All of the Harry Potter movies over about ten days, because uncles will do anything to earn the approval of their nieces.

First two aren't great - storylines are a bit fluffy and frankly, the kids aren't great actors. Once you hit the third where the stories go a bit darker and the kids have learned how to act more convincingly, they're actually half decent films.

I’ve only watched a few Harry Potter movies and I was reluctant to, I’ve overcome my prejudices and they turned out great. Normally not for me, but it’s overall well done.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Old Dads, with Bill Burr, bit of silly fun, straight to Netflix. The Creator, nicely done, but quite predictable. Denzel's boy sounds just like him.

Super Chuck

Newly uploaded 1964 Flight from Ashiya ( sp )

... Stellar script and cast ...

The Creator.

The premise of the movie is very interesting, somehow reminiscent of "War of the Machines" episode from "The Animatrix".
The visuals are amazing, giving out strong District 9, Elysium and even, to some extent, Simon Stallenhag vibes; which I am a sucker for.

The story itself though?

Well, it does not really make sense, or at least feels pointless.

All Star Cast in this one

Leave the World Behind.

Pretty good movie with a rather accurate description of what the very early days of a societal collapse would look like.

The premise and overall development is interesting and well executed, in my opinion.

The characters though are annoyingly stereotypical and are perfect archetypes of a very narrow portion of the US population: white liberals from big cities and wealthy black people with kids who grew up in our current cultural and societal environment.

The white mother is neurotic and hysterical.
The white father is laid back and useless.
Their son is apathetic.
Their daughter (the youngest) has some form of depression and the TV show Friends is the only thing that brings her joy and a reason to live.
The black father is the most grounded character.
His daughter is the typical entitled teenager who grew up sheltered from need, but still espouses the liberal viewpoints taught at Harvard & cie.

The movie got backlash due to one single line by that last character "don't trust white people". And an entire controversy built itself around it "omg, that movie is racist and telling people to don't trust whites, etc..." and, apparently, the fact Obama was involved at some point in the writing.
I guess one could see a few elements and choices make sense with that regard, but overall the movie isn't about black and white people, racial topics, etc... some characters are depicted holding racially motivated views; but that's not what the movie is about.

M - Fritz Lang, 1931

Whatever the reason I’ve never watched this before but now it’s done. Especially for someone lucky enough to have one of the last relatively insightful TV channel namely Arte, working both in France and Germany though the joke is that only a few French watch it.

Anyway, it lives up to its classic status… brillant, poignant especially toward the end and the “mob” looking to execute the maniac, and his long monologue “Ich muss mörder” before being picked up by the regular Polizei and be put to a regular court.

Police’s incompetence, the local mob annoyed by having thousands of cops around the city disturbing their business. And of course the victims and their families.