Politics US Womens Soccer team insult a 98 yr War Vet

colin traveller

Mi Field Marshall
MI.Net Member
TAARB
Disgraceful . .... Turning yer back on a 98yr War Vet because he played the National Anthem .

Screenshot_20210706-031227_Instagram.jpg

So what is the protocol for Americans with the U.S national anthem?

Nevermind the fact he's a veteran and playing the national anthem – the fact that he's a 98-year-old should've already prompted them to be more respectful. Those goddamn broads. For heaven's sake, even "taking the knee" displays more maturity than turning your back on the anthem (and the people trying to play it).

But what i don't get is why did some turn to the side but keep their hand on their hearts and sang the anthem as well?

They're claiming that's the end of the stadium that the flag was at, which looks legitimate to me. They'd have either not been facing the veteran, or not been facing the flag so pretty much in a no-win situation against someone who's looking to be angry.

flag.jpg

Last edited:
They're claiming that's the end of the stadium that the flag was at, which looks legitimate to me. They'd have either not been facing the veteran, or not been facing the flag so pretty much in a no-win situation against someone who's looking to be angry.

View attachment 319569
So is this a case of conservatives being too woke?? ?

Tired of all this sh*tty WOKE/SJW/BLM/LGBT+ propaganda

They are ruining the ENTIRE world

If you look in the background of the picture in the first post, a lot of the crowd are facing the same direction.

View attachment 319569
I looked at videos from 2020 and that also showed them not facing directly forward in a straight line either.

So what is the protocol for Americans with the U.S national anthem?
Protocol is to face the flag with hand over heart for those in civilian attire. For those in uniform, one is to face the flag and salute. If the team faced the flag, they did the right thing. If they faced the veteran, technically they did the wrong thing but for the right reasons so I'm OK with that as well.

When I looked at the images, some were clearly facing the flag with hand over heart. Some were obviously facing the vet. There were a couple who appeared that they might be not doing one of the above but it's hard to judge their motives as they weren't acting overtly hostile. Based upon this, coupled with the team's statement, I'd be inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt. It certainly wasn't collective stupidity as most appeared to by trying to do the right thing.

Disgusting woke idiots. I hope they lose every game. I feel bad for the patriots on the team though. They've worked their whole lives to be there and are now stuck with these moron, racist, Marxists as team mates

Evidently, the US soccer has been embarrassed by the internet outrage and has made multiple statements to deny any claims of disrespect towards the WW2 vet. I’m inclined to give the benefits of the doubt as well.

They say with hand on heart that politics shouldn't be in sport and yet...

Evidently, the US soccer has been embarrassed by the internet outrage and has made multiple statements to deny any claims of disrespect towards the WW2 vet. I’m inclined to give the benefits of the doubt as well.

Oh yes, plenty of back pedaling. LOL. Will you believe the BBC, (and others) or your lying eyes?

Oh yes, plenty of back pedaling. LOL. Will you believe the BBC, (and others) or your lying eyes?

I can’t stand the US women soccer team, because of their arrogance shown during the World Cup in 2019.

If you remember it, this is how one of their star player celebrated a goal against England:

99-CA1-AE0-538-A-42-A2-8726-D17-EA2-A62-AB2.jpg

Rapinoe gets on my nerves as well. What do you want me to say? No politics in sports is easy to say, yet it’s been the case for decades.

The 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin comes to mind, and is widely known to have been yet another propaganda machine for Hitler.

Is all of this any “new” anyway?

I can’t stand the US women soccer team, because of their arrogance shown during the World Cup in 2019.

If you remember it, this is how one of their star player celebrated a goal against England:

View attachment 319907

Rapinoe gets on my nerves as well. What do you want me to say? No politics in sports is easy to say, yet it’s been the case for decades.

The 1936 Summer Olympics in Berlin comes to mind, and is widely known to have been yet another propaganda machine for Hitler.

I can't stand them either. In fact, no one can.

View attachment 319907

Is she sipping tea or smoking a joint?......... reality who cares.
Geez if you get offended by that gesture for gods sake don't listen to the sledging at the cricket ....... it will make you blush ?

Meh, I thought the "sipping tea" celebration was pretty funny.

But yeah, Rapinoe is an obnoxious cvnt. And most, if not all, of the ball-pushers playing the victim card and virtue signaling like crazy are as well.

Not so long ago you had Lebron James whining about how oppressed he was as a black man. Yet simping and whoring himself to China, signing contracts left and right for advertisement purposes, to replace Mickael Jordan in that Space jam reboot and now have a dedicated character made after him in some popular video-game.

Someone please fill their balls with TNT or at least have them play their games in mine-fields.

Wew ...

View attachment 319907

Maybe I have a bad sense of humor but I can't even get mad at smth like that, it's hilarious to me.

Back