Photos WW3 1985 - Team Yankee

Finished a trio of Pansarvärnsrobotbandvagn 551 (PvRbBv 551) anti-tank TOW missile carrier. These can also be used as the Luftvärnsrobotbandvagn 701 (Lvrbv 701) anti air missile carrier with the RBS-70 SAM.

&authkey=%21ACNg9jGRN9lhs4Q&width=2048&height=1536.jpg

&authkey=%21ALTHlAao7AJfQAE&width=2048&height=1536.jpg

Painted up some RNZAF Skyhawks in the SE Asia 1970's camo pattern they ran until the late 80's/early 90's. Rather pleased that I managed to freehand paint something resembling the No.75 squadron emblem.

I'm slowly building a NZ Army force for the game - got a company of infantry with M113's and some Scorpions so far. Will be adding some UH-1's and maybe some Australian Leopards at some point.

&authkey=%21AHKbqCtJ2bC2KSY&width=2016&height=1512.jpg

&authkey=%21AHpvFoqPNLhl36Q&width=2016&height=1512.jpg

&authkey=%21AAiJUVY-QDWpIqM&width=2016&height=1512.jpg

&authkey=%21APAsKJP_vAPHjb0&width=2016&height=1512.jpg

&authkey=%21AOQNJPIGcNXdAm4&width=2016&height=1512.jpg

&authkey=%21AOflYMxIKifUzP0&width=2016&height=1512.jpg

Who can forget the 1980's fast food franchise McPizzaKing and their catchy jingle "Come on down to McPizza King. We've got some things that taste OK".

&authkey=%21AJcM93WITMdS6g8&width=1920&height=1440.jpg

&authkey=%21AAq8pzzmiDLbY3w&width=1920&height=1440.jpg

Battlefront terrain weathered and with a nice logo added.

Thanks for sharing, I just realized that I had read this graphic novel pre joining the US Army, then I went ahead and got the actual book itself. Somehow both got lost over time, but thankfully Amazon hardcover to the rescue. I shall add it back to the collection.

There are a bunch of other books (written by different authors I think) that cover the same war from the Russian, Canadian and West German perspectives.

Thanks but I'm going to pass. At some point in my life I stopped reading fiction books about war to nonfiction WW2 and Vietnam because I went from being on the sidelines to actually being a part of history in the making.

But I have zero problems reclaiming the books of my youth that were read with reproductions. Most of which were Tom Clancy and a few random like Harold Coyle's TY. Red Storm Rising is another that I need to add back to my shelves.

Had a bit of fun on the weekend. Painting up the very last British vehicles for my force - 4 Lynx TOW copters and 4 Harrier GR3. Decided to paint one of the Lynx canopies as a reflection of the environment around it. (on the right my usual lazy canopy technique).

TeamYankeeUKLynx12.jpg

A flight of four Harrier GR3's zooming in to support a British counterattack near Hamburg. 16 August 1985.

&authkey=%21AHHBHlZ2pAmOEXU&width=2048&height=1536.jpg

&authkey=%21AOHk9jo4DIyUXME&width=2048&height=1536.jpg

&authkey=%21ADwgzNvlg39-BcI&width=2048&height=1536.jpg

Some stuff I've painted up for Team Yankee over the past year or two. Haven't ever played a game as I don't know anyone else in my area who plays it, but I just like painting MERDC cammo.

View attachment 409649

View attachment 409650

View attachment 409651

View attachment 409652

View attachment 409653

View attachment 409654

View attachment 409655

View attachment 409656
I was in the process of moving back from San Diego to Louisiana in 1989 and I had two vehicles and one driven by my Grandmother so I didn't want to let her drive that distance and we just took her car and I had a U-Haul loaded sitting at my Mothers house so I could make a flight back to drive that vehicle. We stopped at friends in Houston and my Grandmother drove on to La after resting and I caught the first flight out back to San Diego from Houston International. In the lobby there was a book stand and I bought the book Team Yankee, I read the entire book while on that flight back. Best book I had read in decades since school. Recently I got my hands on a copy of the old dos game but I have never ran it yet. I doubt the game can be better than the book because I have newer 3d games with the ability to play those scenarios. They are turn based games which I don't really care for but they have great graphics and sound.

I used to have somewhere Sir John Hackett's novel The Third World War on which Team Yankee was based. No idea where it is now, but if I can find it I'm sure I'd enjoy re-reading it.

I'm a bit late to the topic, but I'm truly impressed by the size, and quality of your collection.
Nice job on that Lynx canopy, if I may add a bit of advice, you could try painting a very thin light blue stripe under the sky, and add a thin black line under it with a Rothring pen to demarcate it from the "land". An exemple in the following link

https://camospecs.com/listing/sentinel-stn-3k-4/

:)

Back