The chief of the Ukrainian air force has just been sacked. Rumours are that is because the F-16 was shot down by a Patriot.
I saw these rumours yesterday on Russian Twitter accounts that Maryana Bezugla had claimed it was shot down by a Patriot missile (in amongst claims that RUAF had shot down the jet) and so I dismissed it as nonsense, but it seems like there is actual credibility to it:

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky said Friday he fired his air force commander, making the decision just days after a pilot crashed an American-made F-16 in Ukraine.

Zelensky said in his nightly address that he had dismissed Lt. Gen. Mykola Oleshchuk but offered few details on why.

“I am immensely grateful to all our military pilots, all engineers, all warriors of mobile firing groups, air defense units,” he said. “The same goes for the command level — we must strengthen ourselves. And take care of people. Take care of personnel — take care of all our warriors.”

The army’s general staff said Lt. Gen. Anatoly Mykolayovych, head of the Air Command Center of the air force, is temporarily assuming the duties of top commander.

Oleshchuk had a public dispute with a Ukrainian member of Parliament, Maryana Bezugla, over the F-16 crash.

A pilot operating an F-16 died Monday while defending Ukraine against a major Russian attack. The F-16 was not downed by Russian fire and appears to have crashed because of a mechanical failure, pilot error or another cause, according to Reuters.

Claims of Ukrainian strikes on Belgorod this evening:

At least five people were killed and 37 others injured in Ukrainian airstrikes on Russia’s Belgorod region Friday evening, local authorities said.

Belgorod region Governor Vyacheslav Gladkov accused Ukrainian forces of using “Vampir” multiple-launch rocket systems with cluster munitions in the attack on the city of Belgorod and its surrounding areas.

Among the dead were one woman and four men, according to Gladkov, who also confirmed that at least six children were among the injured. Ten people were hospitalized in critical condition.

The attack caused significant property damage, including shattered windows and damaged facades in residential buildings and businesses, Gladkov said. A video shared on Telegram showed him surveying the damage as emergency responders extinguished fires on a building’s roof.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
A RuZZian army’s ad:
They say they will make a man from everybody.

Claims of Ukrainian strikes on Belgorod this evening:

Since ruZZia does not abide by any rules, I can well understand if the Ukrainians are less concerned about where their missiles land. In this case, however, it looks very uncharacteristically Ukrainian to me, because I can't recognise anything military here...

Since ruZZia does not abide by any rules, I can well understand if the Ukrainians are less concerned about where their missiles land. In this case, however, it looks very uncharacteristically Ukrainian to me, because I can't recognise anything military here...
It's Belgorod so could easily be russian mistargeting or a report of "Khokols crossing the border!!!" *fires at the first intersection on the map*

I think asymetrical tactics hold a lot of punch for Ukraine

Last edited:
I think asymetrical tactics hold a lot of punch for Ukraine

Indeed they do. While a large country gives a large pool of resources for concentrated attacks, it's increasingly hard to defend at the same time. Yet Russia still doesn't seem to be worry about NATO outside of the rhetorical level.

While Ukraine is having an extended holiday in Kursk Russians are making their own push for Pokrovsk:

New episode of Swedes documentary, some sad news:
As usual, english subtitles are included.

Free Lada's and handbags. It's going great.

Yet Russia still doesn't seem to be worry about NATO outside of the rhetorical level.
Of course not, they know the "NATO invasion!!!" is just propaganda to feed their dimwitted population.

Even the assassinations, torching of NATO bases and military industry and cyber warfare on hospitals, emergency communications systems, ministries, businesses etc go unanswered. Other than a nuclear strike or a direct invasion of NATO they have nothing to fear.

Even a missile strike NATO would rewrite to have been a malfunctioning Ukrainian SAM, gas explosion or industrial accident for fear of escalation.

No democratic government can afford to do anything but steer away from standing up for themselves. Military issues only ever cost you votes, never win them.

Of course not, they know the "NATO invasion!!!" is just propaganda to feed their dimwitted population.

Even the assassinations, torching of NATO bases and military industry and cyber warfare on hospitals, emergency communications systems, ministries, businesses etc go unanswered. Other than a nuclear strike or a direct invasion of NATO they have nothing to fear.

Even a missile strike NATO would rewrite to have been a malfunctioning Ukrainian SAM, gas explosion or industrial accident for fear of escalation.

No democratic government can afford to do anything but steer away from standing up for themselves. Military issues only ever cost you votes, never win them.
I think we will see the fall of Putin, maybe of Russia, by Christmas. Could be messy.

Last edited: