Warfare HAMAS attack on Israel, October 2023

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Skip the talking, start at 0:55:
The most serious piece of infrastructures discovered so far (apart from the Shifaa stuff maybe).

[edit]
Translation of the video description:
The Israel Defense Forces (IDF) conducted investigation operations in a tunnel and so far uncovered over 4 kilometers of the tunnel's route, reaching a maximum depth of about 50 meters.

The closest opening of the tunnel is located about 400 meters from the Erez crossing, which in recent years has been used for the passage of workers, traders, and sick people receiving medical treatment in Israel.

The route has several branches and splits, forming a wide and complex network of tunnels. In the route, there are sewage, electricity, communication, and telephony infrastructures, as well as iron doors designed to prevent the entry of IDF forces. The tunnel allows the movement of vehicles inside it and many weapons of the Hamas terrorist organization were found in it.

The tunnel construction project included a team of dozens of terrorists who came specifically for its construction from Khan Yunis to the north of the Gaza Strip. In the construction of the tunnel, materials were used that had not been seen before in Hamas's tactical tunnels, as well as the use of special excavation machines that were smuggled into the Strip. According to estimates, Hamas invested millions of dollars in the underground infrastructure across the Strip.

From the tunnel, offensive operations were carried out towards our forces during the fighting in the Gaza Strip. A few days ago, terrorists were also spotted in the tunnel, who were eliminated by IDF forces.

Last edited:
Skip the talking, start at 0:55:
The most serious piece of infrastructures discovered so far (apart from the Shifaa stuff maybe).

[edit]
Translation of the video description:
I'm trying to get my head around how much aid money was needed to build this - it's much more than just a gopher tunnel.

I'm trying to get my head around how much aid money was needed to build this - it's much more than just a gopher tunnel.
The video doesn’t do it justice - the tunnel is big enough for cars to drive inside it. In his last update IDF Spokesman mentioned there are at least two more similar sites are being investigated right now…

Some Black Lives Matter more than others.

1702897011402.webp

The three hostages made a white flag with a request for help written with leftover food. An Israeli military official, who requested anonymity, said the men came out of a building shirtless, and one of them had a white dress pinned to a stick. He said one of the soldiers felt threatened as the men were tens of meters away, declared them "terrorists" and opened fire. Two died immediately, while the third escaped back to the building wounded. A cry for help was heard in Hebrew and the battalion commander ordered the soldiers to cease fire. The wounded hostage later came out again and was shot, the official said.

View attachment 462777

The three hostages made a white flag with a request for help written with leftover food. An Israeli military official, who requested anonymity, said the men came out of a building shirtless, and one of them had a white dress pinned to a stick. He said one of the soldiers felt threatened as the men were tens of meters away, declared them "terrorists" and opened fire. Two died immediately, while the third escaped back to the building wounded. A cry for help was heard in Hebrew and the battalion commander ordered the soldiers to cease fire. The wounded hostage later came out again and was shot, the official said.
The more i read about the hostage shooting, the less in understand it...

me neither...
three ideas:
-not the sharpest knife was the shooter in the drawer, they were shooting at anything that moved - which raises the responsibility of the commander.
. was drugged
- They really allowed that unit to ignore the ROE rule + "just a dirty Palestinian wailing over there, we don't take prisoners you know Joshua?

Who knows how many times Hamas has tried that same trick and ones like it already to that unit alone. It's general infantry, often reservists, in an urban combat setting, not meticulously selected Tier 1 operators who memorized the features, behavioral patterns and other characteristics of every hostage on a defined target location in a targeted Direct Action raid.

Last edited:
View attachment 462777

I honestly try to understand from my experiences on the battlefield of what goes thru a soldier's mind for self preservation during a firefight but I also worry that the Israeli commandos were told after 07Oct remove all safeties & if it moves shoot them [blood for blood]. Now for good or bad they're under new strict ROEs which will add a second or two to their reaction response time to engage on the battlefield & expect we will see casualty #'s of Israeli soldiers to go up.& sure hamas know that & will use it to their advantage. F**k.

me neither...
three ideas:
-not the sharpest knife was the shooter in the drawer, they were shooting at anything that moved - which raises the responsibility of the commander.
. was drugged
- They really allowed that unit to ignore the ROE rule + "just a dirty Palestinian wailing over there, we don't take prisoners you know Joshua?
I dont know, but would guess they emerged onto a non-combat or at least non infantry-combat unit, who then panicked. Given recent events when hamas trapped and killed several units, the lack of uniforms on hamas side, and the state of the battlefield, its not surprising.

Hopefully it will lead to a better briefing on hostages, as reading between the lines of israeli statements, they expect no civilians now in these areas, whoever made that briefing is not the sharpest tool, as its clearly chaos, so hostages should have been the exception, and from the sounds of it, the 3 hostages did everything possible to show they were not hamas, and were hostages.