Movie / TV What's the last movie you watched

Crown Vic Better than I expected, and in my opinion better than the reviews I read. As for me, 7.5 out of 10. "Typical" story, a rookie and a grizzled cynical veteran on a night patrol in Los Angeles. But the dialogue between the characters is interesting, as well as all the calls to which the crew responds. Well, the film, as the name implies, is the end of an era. Crown Victoria ends its era of service, and the future looks foggy and not very optimistic

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Obviously, I HAVEN'T watched it, but I'm so glad it tanked.

RelishMix, which also foresaw this disaster approaching on social media chatter,Angels is the latest example in a ‘woke’ effort to reboot a franchise that many were not all that interested in to start with. In fact, many references to the 2000 version get a call-out as a reason this one doesn’t seem to compare – whether it’s the cast or the action teased from the film. And, as observed with other recent films, some action/adventure, unfortunately fans say they’re steering clear of this one because of its ‘girl power’ messaging.”

Perhaps Sony should have spent more, because Charlie’s Angels biggest problem is that it has very low-octane, we’ve-seen-it-all-before action scenes. Heck, there’s more action in a 1980s Chuck Norris movie. After watching Charlie’s Angels earlier this week, I put the first two McG movies on Netflix, and it was like watching Star Wars in comparison to this reboot, with his sharp production design, camera movements, unique action, and comedy set pieces, and, of course, the first movie blasted Sam Rockwell out of a cannon. Understand that the first two movies in the series were able to compete and hold their own in an action space where, yes, Mission: Impossible and Fast & Furious (the first two films came out in 2001 and 2003) also thrived. Mission and Fast sequels distinguish themselves on multiple 10-minute action sequences that we’ve never seen before on screen; it doesn’t matter who the villain is. This Charlie’s Angels doesn’t have that. And not even a super-duper hit song “Don’t Call Me Angel” for the movie from Ariana Grande, Miley Cyrus, and Lana Del Ray can trigger lines at the multiplex; the music video clocking over 116M views on YouTube, per entertainment social media monitor RelishMix.

How ‘Charlie’s Angels’ Fell From Grace At The Box Office With An $8M+ Opening

You know what's funny? The original series in the 1970s was more successful than this movie (not to mention the sequels in the 2000s). Now look at Elizabeth Banks's excuses. Apparently, men are to blame for her flick's failure, who would've thought! Apparently, she believes men in the 70s were more progressive than men are now. That's cute!

Aussie Classic

20191121_024136.webp

21 Bridges, pretty good action movie but you will need to disregard the gaping plot holes and just enjoy it for what it is ;)
21BridgesPoster.jpeg

The Lucky Ones. Great casting and acting. Check it out.

Doctor Sleep - 2019

Starring Ewan MacGregor.

Think of this movie as a « sequel » to Stanley Kubricks masterpiece « Shining » with the aforementioned Ewan playing the now grownup young kid from the original movie.

Without much spoilers, I enjoyed it although these « special powers » of some characters disappointed me. Just not my thing.

Don’t get me wrong, MacGregor is a good actor but he isn’t Jack Nicholson either.

They are two completely different movies and it’s impossible for me not to compare both.

This one is a solid 7,5/10. Shining was closer to 9/10.

Terminal - 2018

Margot Robbie, Simon Pegg, Mike Myers...

I wasn't expecting anything from this one, despite its solid cast and am pleasantly surprised. Sure, it's over the top at times and silly, but still worth it. FWIW I didn't even bother to check out which actors played in it when I bought it and I didn't recognize Mike Myers until the final scenes of the flick.

Not too shabby, 7/10.

This looks pretty good.

last movie was Angel has fallen, pretty good for me

Anyone else watch The Irishman tonight? Holy cow, what a loooooong movie.

I caught Knives Out yesterday. A tidy little whodunit. 6.5-7/10.

'True Grit'
with Jeff Bridges, Matt Damon, Hailee Steinfeld et.al.
After her father's killer has taken refuge in a lawless region, a strong-willed teenager (Steinfeld) enlists the help of two very contrastive lawmen (Bridges, Damon) to track him down.

Such a well-crafted, well-acted and beautifully-shot movie with both serious undertones and hilarious situational comedy. Bridges as the cantankerous ageing reprobate is just fun to watch, and I can't believe Steinfeld didn't get an oscar for her perfomance. I'd never thought much of child actors; guess I was wrong.

★★★★★★★★☆☆ 8/10.

Oi Elizabeth Banks and Tim Miller, I thought men shouldn't be able to enjoy a strong female character. What happened?