Movie / TV What's the last movie you watched

Saw the movie close encounter with thrid kind after many years, still enjoying it, question

Is the device on top the M-16 movie prop or actual thing? Many thanks

Under the silver lake - 2018

Hmm, the inspiration from the film noir genre was definitely my cup of tea as a Hitchcock aficionados. Many movies references. It’s a good one. Just pay attention to many details and focus on the movie throughout to understand it... 8/10

1565816131070.png

I am watching a television series in Colombia from many years ago, it is called "Bolívar, the man of difficulties", of a series of productions called "revive our history"; for the bicentenary of the independence of Colombia, these series have been remastered and restored, they are being replayed on public television; from left to right: Bolívar, Santander and Córdova

I caught Danger Close last week. It's the retelling of the Battle of Long Tan.

I have a few issues with it, mostly concerning the manufactured drama with Paul Large. The poor bugger was killed as a young man in the battle, he didn't need a movie crew making him out to be something he wasn't.
I thought Jack Kirby was also left hanging. The man won a DCM and should have got a VC. By the movie, you'd hardly know it. I'm thankful that Maurie Stanley wasn't alive to see his story portrayed so unkindly. Same goes for Lt Col Townsend.

On the upside the battle scenes were quite good and I'm mostly seeing very positive reviews from Vietnam Veterans. Even Major Smith gave it a 8/10 and he also joins the list of blokes who was treated with a fair bit of cinematic licence.

I also caught Hobbs and Shaw. A rolling fight/car chase, with two dudes pulling the piss out of each other for 2 hours. Quite good for what it was.

Well, here is a movie I'm going to f***ing watch:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

? It's the same production team that did Outlaw King.

Fricking Netflix, man. Just amazing. They're a beacon of hope in a time when all Hollywood gives us is cheesy woke cliché fests.

Last edited:
A clockwork orange.

It’s another rewatch from this week (Got rid of Netflix for some months). I understand that some people find this movie very overhyped but I couldn’t disagree more.

Any movie that’s very high up in the IMDB « 100 best movie ever list » whether from critics or the general public will be controversial and yet, I love it. If you prefer or enjoy more Tarantino post 2010s, or Star Wars more power to you; I’ll stick with such classics.

Come and get one in the yarbles, if you have any yarbles, you eunuch jelly thou!

Ad Astra. I had really big hopes for this one, but it just didn’t work for me. The sci-fi part was well done, but the story didn’t work at all.

Ad Astra. I had really big hopes for this one, but it just didn’t work for me. The sci-fi part was well done, but the story didn’t work at all.

I’ll take your words and pass on it too. As a guy who really enjoy a solid story.

It surprised me they even did that movie in the first place. That plot's been told like a hundred times.

A bloke walked out in the last 15 minutes when I watched it. Weird movie, I'm surprised Brad Pitt picked it up.

Finally got to see John Wick 3 on my flight home. Not as good as the first two - I think they spend too much time trying to explain the High Table - but I was entertained.

Finally got to see John Wick 3 on my flight home. Not as good as the first two - I think they spend too much time trying to explain the High Table - but I was entertained.
Awww man. That whole assassin parallel society thing used to bugger me during the entirety of John Wick 2.

I just came back after watching Joker, it a Joker of unlike anything else before and the movie is truly a masterpiece I gave without hesitant 10/10. However, I wanted to punch some clowns in the audience for ruining the movie experience by being so talkative and asking stupid errr moronic questions loudly, like Bruce Wayne is Batman right when he grows up, come on dude why you are evening watching the movie even. Well that being said, if you guys have not seen it please do, and surely everyone will like the interview part. Cheers

I watched Joker with a heap of younger teenagers. I don't think it was the movie they were expecting... Dark as six inches up a goats arse.