Video Vietnamese trailer of a movie about the war in VN

AAR Galileo

Mi Captain
MI.Net Member
TAARB
The official trailer of short film "The first swallow" in series "The Vietnam air war" Finally, after all difficulties and challenges, we have had plan for our first short movie We would like to give you more details as follows ‎ - This is a non-profit project in order to recreate historic battles of Vietnam People's Air Force from a cinema perspective. ‎ - This project doesn't have any political purposes, but give young people the history stories about soldier's spirit and determination as well as their sacrifices for the peaceful fatherland. ‎ - For the first project from a young studio, and also in Central Vietnam, we will try our best We really hope that you can share this video and wait for our better ‎products in the future.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

^^ Not going to make any judgements on this yet and Soldier Peace is no longer with us to heap praise on the motherland

For the first project from a young studio, and also in Central Vietnam, we will try our best We really hope that you can share this video and wait for our better ‎products in the future.

That line of text is not really selling it to me o_O

Looks like an inexpensive Video Game trailer or in-game cinematic to me. Something from late-1990s, early 2000s.

Well the trailer is non-telling really. It has parts 90s video game graphics, parts more decent yeah, but I'm curious about their narrative. The trailer was rather neutral.

Soldier Peace is no longer with us? Heck, all he wanted one of us to get him into a different country... or send him money... Poor guy just wasn't living the dream. ;)

If you're interested in Vietnamese movies about the war. I just stumbled about this one here called "The Smell of Grass Burning" not that long ago.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's not Platoon or FMJ if it comes to the production level but it sheds a good light on certain things like the struggle for existence and how important for example things like poetry were for the NVA soldiers. It's actually more critical about certain things than I'd expected from a movie comming out of the DRV.