Photos Vietnam Military Forces

Oh god, what is this ^^
This mate:
October 15, 2012 In the past, there was a tradition in the U.S. military to paint pin-ups on aircrafts. Today, that tradition lives on in Japan. But there's an important difference: they're not cheesecakes pin-ups. They're anime girls. The annual festival at the Japanese Self defence Force's Kisarazu base allowed visitors to check out the aircrafts and vehicles.
1827uhc7rx1sdjpg.jpg

This mate:
October 15, 2012 In the past, there was a tradition in the U.S. military to paint pin-ups on aircrafts. Today, that tradition lives on in Japan. But there's an important difference: they're not cheesecakes pin-ups. They're anime girls. The annual festival at the Japanese Self defence Force's Kisarazu base allowed visitors to check out the aircrafts and vehicles.
1827uhc7rx1sdjpg.jpg

It also still lives on. I like that tradition and have absolutly nothing against cool pin-ups and nose art .... but this though .... ^^

This mate:
1827uhc7rx1sdjpg.jpg

From what I know these are used as recruiting adds. Talking about "continuing a tradition" stretches it way to far.

@soldier_peace: Can you translate what "Lam Son" means? I asked in my local Vietnamese restaurant but they had no clue.

From what I know these are used as recruiting adds. Talking about "continuing a tradition" stretches it way to far.

@soldier_peace: Can you translate what "Lam Son" means? I asked in my local Vietnamese restaurant but they had no clue.

No. Lam Son not relation with restaurant. Lam Son is a palace famous in VietNam. Lam Son use to name big campaigns military in VietNam. In VietNam language, Lam = blue (color) and Son = mountain.