The captured vessels in Kerch.
Hope this makes the US finalize the Oliver Hazard Perry Class deals and the Flyvefisken deals gets through quicker.
Ds64aW5WoAAItZi.jpg
Ds64aW6XoAAwajD.jpg

Well I think returning fire with 30mm und stugnas from two ships against a fleet and naval air force would just be suicidal.

Who knows. They were engaged by FSB coast guard vessels, not the navy. Once again, it's Ukrainian military incompetence vs. Russian political one.

I don't see how two outdated frigates would make a difference against the Black Sea fleet but more surface firepower is never a bad thing.

Is there any detailed description on the event ? how they disabled and boarded the gunboats etc.

I don't see how two outdated frigates would make a difference against the Black Sea fleet but more surface firepower is never a bad thing.

Is there any detailed description on the event ? how they disabled and boarded the gunboats etc.

The tug boat suffered severe damage during earlier ramming incident. All Ukrainian ships managed to make to international waters, when pursuing Russian coast guard vessel "Izumrud" disabled Ukrainian gun boat "Berdyansk" with a volley from 30mm cannon. Ukrainians didn't return fire. Gun boat "Nikopol", surrounded at this point by 8-10 vessels surrendered, but wasn't boarded.

Most of the Russian Naval Fleet is way less technological sophisticated than OHP and the Ukrainian Hetman certainly is.

I have to wonder this...If one of the four USN Arleigh Burke class DDGs, USS Donald Cook (DDG 75), USS Ross (DDG 71),USS Carney (DDG 64) and USS Porter (DDG 78) which are homeported in Rota Spain was roaming around the Black Sea would the Russians do what they did? Hummm....

Last edited:
The tug boat suffered severe damage during earlier ramming incident. All Ukrainian ships managed to make to international waters, when pursuing Russian coast guard vessel "Izumrud" disabled Ukrainian gun boat "Berdyansk" with a volley from 30mm cannon. Ukrainians didn't return fire. Gun boat "Nikopol", surrounded at this point by 8-10 vessels surrendered, but wasn't boarded.

Thanks fam. But is there one from the Russian side, translated ? usualy they tend to go full detail when boasting about such incidents

I have to wonder this...If one of the four USN Arleigh Burke class DDGs, USS Donald Cook (DDG 75), USS Ross (DDG 71),USS Carney (DDG 64) and USS Porter (DDG 78) was roaming around the Black Sea would the Russians do what they did? Hummm....

Yes, they consider Western countries to be cowards.

I have to wonder this...If one of the four USN Arleigh Burke class DDGs, USS Donald Cook (DDG 75), USS Ross (DDG 71),USS Carney (DDG 64) and USS Porter (DDG 78) which are homeported in Rota Spain was roaming around the Black Sea would the Russians do what they did? Hummm....

Most of the Russian Naval Fleet is way less technological sophisticated than OHP and the Ukrainian Hetman certainly is.

I'd say you are dramaticaly underestimating the Russian surface fleet, and you shouldn't be underestimating anything in the first place.

Thanks. That will do.

I'd say you are dramatically underestimating the Russian surface fleet, and you shouldn't be underestimating anything in the first place.

Really..I'm not underestimating anything. Please do not read into my post things I did not state. berkut76 answered my question with a simple "yes". Thank you both for the answers.

Really..I'm not underestimating anything. Please do not read into my post things I did not state. berkut76 answered my question with a simple "yes". Thank you both for the answers.

Just to reiterate. Even in Russia, pro-Kremlin military experts criticize FSB coast guard actions, especially after the goal of not letting Ukrainian vessels through the Kerch straight was successfully accomplished, and the Ukrainian ships turned back thereby humiliating Ukrainian government. Nobody can explain who ordered to open fire on retreating Ukrainian ships escalating the incident from something that the West could easily ignore to a major event. In short, it appears that once again Kremlin preferred to look either like an idiot or a criminal rather than appear weak in the eyes of the world (or this is how they perceived the situation).