Photos 1/72 Su-24 Digital camo Ukrainian Air Force

tomthounaojam

The Glue Sniffer
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Hi Guys,

When I opened the Zvezda Su-24 and did a quick check on scalemate I realized, it is Dragon kit and it is a bit dated, however, I think it was among the best kit in the days? By today's standard, to me it looks a bit dated, the cockpit has almost no details. O! Boy building this kit was not easy and I didn't enjoy building it hehe too much fit problem and I have to fill and sand repeat the process a bit. Also, I replace the kit seats from another kit to make it look a bit real. While choosing the paint scheme, I thought why not give a shot for the Ukrainian Digital camouflage well, it turned out to be a sanity test, I would cut small strips of masking tapes and make the digital patterns, the whole saga was story in itself.

wip1.jpg

wip2.jpg

I think for an average 30-40 minutes of masking it was just 15 sec of airbrush and one mistake it was repeating the whole section and I did on few occasions, if it wasn't for the lockdown I would have given it up. After the paint is over I scratch built the pitot tube with some wire and beer can, the kit one was the L shape and I wanted the long pointed one. I didn't have Ukrainian roundels so I masked and painted it. I know it is not perfect however, I like the way it has turned out. Thank you for looking cheers

2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
DSC-7176.jpg

Very impressive Tom, just beautiful work mate (Y)