Mil News UK Sec of Defence sacked for leaking

Oh dear, how sad, what a shame.

On the up side DfID now actually has someone who knows what they're doing in Rory Stewart.

Dissapointed to hear his replacement is jobsharing as minister for women as well. Another part time DefSec.

The sooner Theresa May will be gone, the better for the UK. Just my two pence, and I know that "own opinions" are like arseholes....everybody has one, obviously......

Hasn't Gavin Williams been touted as a future leader of the Tories ? I mean god help us if that is true but I do wonder if this is some type of internal purge .

I wouldn’t know the first thing about the UK SecDef, but the China/Huawei 5G issue is getting interesting across 5 Eyes, and One Belt, One Road across NATO/coalition.

I wouldn’t know the first thing about the UK SecDef, but the China/Huawei 5G issue is getting interesting across 5 Eyes, and One Belt, One Road across NATO/coalition.

The UK's problem with 5g is we just don't produce the engineers or have the know how anymore to produce these types of networks . After 40 years of an economy build around services and loading our young with huge amounts of debt should they want to go into further education it has left us somewhat under skilled .

The UK's problem with 5g is we just don't produce the engineers or have the know how anymore to produce these types of networks . After 40 years of an economy build around services and loading our young with huge amounts of debt should they want to go into further education it has left us somewhat under skilled .
And Australia is going down the same slippery slope:(

China’s BATH(Baidu, Alibaba, Tencent, and Huawei) are a legit long term threat.

I’m not worried about J20, DF21D, or other innovative Chinese weapon systems.

I’m not worried about Innovative Chinese/PLA/BATH strategy.

But Huawei & WeChat penetrating not only contested nations, but 5 Eyes/NATO, is the stuff of Orwellian nightmares.

The digital STASI state that was not technically possible in Orwell’s 1984 becomes Moore’s Law price/performance reality.